PDA

View Full Version : AR Pistol buffer,, Spikes or Ace pistol buffer assemblies??

supermario
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Hey guys,
I been reading about the Spikes Ar15 pistol buffer assemblies and they seem to be good and i guess they have more thread so it looks shorter than a basic carbine buffer but is actually the same length?? And i also read that ACe pistol buffers work great too!! Which one would you gusy reccomend, i am looking for the most reliable buffer assembly for an Ar pistol??

69Mach1
12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
They both seem to use the standard carbine buffer and spring. That's a good thing. That means they are both going to be reliable. Choose the one that you like. I think I have the Ace tube. It's perfect with my standard carbine buffer and spring. Cycles fine.

technique
12-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I like the ACE myself, But I just ordered a shorty from gunsmoke enterprises..

69Mach1
12-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I like the ACE myself, But I just ordered a shorty from gunsmoke enterprises..

People (yes, on the internet) say those buffer tubes are iffy. Please let us know how yours does.

technique
12-10-2008, 10:32 PM
People (yes, on the internet) say those buffer tubes are iffy. Please let us know how yours does.

My buddy says they work fine for him. I picked up the old model, they have a new and improved one now too.

supermario
12-11-2008, 10:49 PM
OK cool thanks guys for the info! Anybody got any experience with the spikes pistol buffer!!

1919_4_ME
12-11-2008, 11:04 PM
I've always had good luck with the GSE pistol buffers and there the most compact out there, plus they look cool..:D

Gunsmoke Enterprise Pistol Buffers $80
http://www.gunsmokeenterprises.net/AR15_Pistol_Kits_GSE.html