PDA

View Full Version : NRA Members' Council of Greater San Diego Meeting

sthornwall
12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen:

This is a reminder that the San Diego Members Council Regular Monthly Business Meeting is this Wednesday evening (1/10/08) at 7:00 PM at:

MULVANEY'S WAGON WHEEL RESTAURANT, 8861 N. Magnolia Ave., Santee, CA.

6:15PM to 7:00PM Meet, Greet, and Eat!
7:00PM to 8:00PM General Business Monthly Meeting.
8:00PM to 8:30PM Talk with other NRA Member's and Meet the San Diego Council Officers.
No Purchase Necessary.

We will meet in the Banquet Room. If you get lost or need directions, call me on my cell phone at 760-644-2013 and I'll vector you in. I look forward to seeing you there.

We have some exciting things to report regarding a multitude of things that happened in the recent past or are currently being discussed:

1. Mr. Don Gussler, Vice-President of South Bay Rod and Gun Club and a NRA Certified Range Development Expert will talk to us about the recent San Diego County Sheriff's Proposed Ordinance concerning the use of firearms in the unincorporated areas of San Diego County. This proposed ordinance, if accepted in it's current format, would prohibit shooting on private property throughout the County. One section prohibits firing a firearm within 350 yards of dwellings and in areas where livestock are located. It would also affect current shooting ranges within the county imposing fees and requirements such as requiring eye and hearing protection on the range even when you are not at or near the firing line. We need to WORK TOGETHER to stop this action in San Diego County.

2. The Members' Council action to have a Monthly 30 Minute Segment on the Rick Amato Radio Talk Show - KCBQ, 1170 AM.

3. A way to finance the cost for the Radio Segment via selling Drawing tickets for a Ruger Mark III handgun at the upcoming December 20-21, Cross Roads of the West Gun Show - 100 tickets at $10.00 each (tickets may be available at our meeting!).

3. Our upcoming Women On Target Clinic scheduled for January 11, 2009.

And much More. Hope to see you there!

Dexter Haight
President, NRA Members' Council of Greater San Diego
(760) 789- 5332 (H)
(760) 644-2013 (Mobile)

Vice-President:
Michael A. Schwartz
mike_schwartz@mail.com
(858) 335-9320

Check the link below for more information and a link to the map to get there.

Get involved and help to preserve our 2A rights, Hope to see you there!!

http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/sandiego/meetings.shtml

SDJim
12-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen:

This is a reminder that the San Diego Members Council Regular Monthly Business Meeting is this Wednesday evening (1/10/08) at 7:00 PM at:

MULVANEY'S WAGON WHEEL RESTAURANT, 8861 N. Magnolia Ave., Santee, CA.

6:15PM to 7:00PM Meet, Greet, and Eat!
7:00PM to 8:00PM General Business Monthly Meeting.
8:00PM to 8:30PM Talk with other NRA Member's and Meet the San Diego Council Officers.
No Purchase Necessary.

Not to be an butt-head, but should that have said (12/10/08)??

Just wondering.

GuyW
12-09-2008, 11:05 AM
1. Mr. Don Gussler, Vice-President of South Bay Rod and Gun Club and a NRA Certified Range Development Expert will talk to us about the recent San Diego County Sheriff's Proposed Ordinance concerning the use of firearms in the unincorporated areas of San Diego County. This proposed ordinance, if accepted in it's current format, would prohibit shooting on private property throughout the County. One section prohibits firing a firearm within 350 yards of dwellings and in areas where livestock are located. It would also affect current shooting ranges within the county imposing fees and requirements such as requiring eye and hearing protection on the range even when you are not at or near the firing line. We need to WORK TOGETHER to stop this action in San Diego County.

There goes the most huntable parts of Cleveland Ntl Forest, as well as private ranches...

sthornwall
12-09-2008, 1:42 PM
Not to be an butt-head, but should that have said (12/10/08)??

Just wondering.

Yeah, I missed that. Thanks. It is on 12/10/08.

Alaric
12-09-2008, 1:52 PM
Thanks for the heads up on this.

scubamark13
12-09-2008, 2:22 PM
I will be there again.

scubamark13
12-10-2008, 7:15 AM
BTT

sd_shooter
12-10-2008, 10:34 AM
I probably can't make it to the meeting, but will the raffle tickets be available at some other time/location as well?

Thanks!

scubamark13
12-10-2008, 2:56 PM
I think the tickets will be avaliable at the Cross Roads of the west show coming up in Del Mar.

Ground Loop
12-10-2008, 8:16 PM
I saw this too late.. I would have liked to hear what Don had to say.

Did anyone go and take notes they could post?

sthornwall
12-11-2008, 3:47 PM
Here are the notes from last nights San Diego Members Council meeting for those who are interested. This was sent to me by the Vice President of the San Diego MC Mike Schwartz:

Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop because some pretty cool stuff happened last night at the meeting.

Don Gussler is a local gunsmith/dealer (he was the FFL at the Cold War Shooters booth at the last gun show) is a certified range development officer. He came and went line by line over the new regulations being proposed regarding shooting and ranges in San Diego County. A motion was made to make him the head of a committee that will include other true experts on ranges and gun safety. This should include a rep from each of the local ranges/gun clubs. One response from this committee (making sure to cite all of the organizations it represents) will be presented to the Board of Supervisors on this subject. This response will include suggestions to improve some of the proposed regulations as well as to completely reject others. This is a far better plan than just having 1000 people sending e-mails and making phone calls talking about how mad they are.

The role of the Membersí Council is to offer support and leadership. Tom Gains who is on the CRPA and NRA Board of Directors attended last night and offered all of the resources of both groups.

Diane Jacobsí office called me this morning to schedule a meeting and/or clinic. I am trying to coordinate this for the entire Board, but at the very least, Diane Jacobs will be there to take the tour and learn how to shoot.

I see this as major and a great opportunity for the Membersí Council to continue to become more relevant. If we can make this committee of different organizations work, then every time there is a problem it will be easy to pool resources and fight.

Also, all the current officers were nominated to continue in their role for next year. January is the election and the drawing for the 22 caliber Ruger which we sold 15 tickets for. Only 85 more to go!

-Michael

Vice-President:
Michael A. Schwartz
mike_schwartz@mail.com
(858) 335-9320

http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/sandiego/

GuyW
12-12-2008, 11:30 AM
A seemingly small matter, but Supervisor Jacob's last name has NO s on it....

...Jacob...