PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Night Sights?

Gio
12-08-2008, 2:12 AM
Dreading the thought of possibly having to send my gun back to Kimber in order to have them put on the night sights. I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck putting on night sights themselves or at a local gun shop. I called IA, where I bought it at, and they said Kiimber uses some loc-tite crap that is really hard to remove. So better off sending it back to them for the addition of the night sights, :( Which willmake me sad to be without her :(

Can anyone possibly give me some more info on this, I would rather not ship her out. I would feel very naked without my baby around me :( Thanks,

-Gio

Oh yeah if this is in the wrong section please feel free to move it to the proper spot and PM with the location of it thanks a lot Cal Guns Crew :D

NiteQwill
12-08-2008, 8:04 AM
This section is for pictures ;) You need to post to the section above for an answer.

But...

Kimber has a good turn around time. Night sights are a piece of cake to install with a competent gunsmith. Most will do a set for $100 installed. There are other vendors online that do them for $65-100 installed (night sights + installation total cost back to you), you just have to look around.

Don't be worried about being without your gun, you will realize the night signs are well worth it!

Warhawk014
12-08-2008, 10:03 AM
too bad your not in fresno, my gun dealer usually only chargers about $20 to install night sights. takes about 10 min and your on your way to the range.

NineteenElev3n
12-08-2008, 10:35 AM
The Last Gun Shop (by Sweeney's) in Napa is a great spot where they can install your night sights. Chris Cunningham is a great person to work with and has done basic warranty work on my Kimber CDP. Good luck to you and I hope this helps.

The Last Gun Shop
Napa, CA
(707) 255-8965
Ask for Chris Cunningham

nooner
12-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Call City Arms in Pacifica.