PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunting video from France - a little close

sierratangofoxtrotunion
12-06-2008, 7:20 AM
I got this video sent to me by email. I haven't seen it here before, but sorry if it's a dupe.

http://www.aventure-chasse-peche-video.com/view_video.php?viewkey=5080b9a6a17bef029331

tankerman
12-06-2008, 8:24 AM
That is the best hunting video I have ever seen,

jcaoloveshine
12-06-2008, 11:30 AM
that is an arrow what are you doing you are a moose

gbp
12-06-2008, 1:31 PM
canada

Rumpled
12-06-2008, 2:32 PM
Gotta be the blindest moose ever.
Wonder if she cut her tongue on that arrow.

puropuro
12-06-2008, 3:02 PM
Talk about a lazy hunter :P, just waiting for that moose to jump on the arrow and impale itself. :)

Sacjesusfreak
12-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Man.. That makes you not want to hunt for moose,,

pullnshoot25
12-06-2008, 10:10 PM
That must have been a VERY interesting experience. I wonder why he didn't take the shot?

Vigilante
12-07-2008, 2:39 PM
I wonder why he didn't take the shot?

He probably didn't have a cow tag.

nick
12-07-2008, 3:39 PM
That must have been a VERY interesting experience. I wonder why he didn't take the shot?

She was with the young.

tankerman
12-07-2008, 5:59 PM
I wonder why he didn't take the shot?
If it (the moose) didn't die instantly, the hunter probably would have.

battleship
12-07-2008, 6:57 PM
My question is - was the Moose really on the hunters list of prey to kill, with a bow and arrow.
The fact that the beast came right up to him in my mind, gave it a stay of exercusion.
It was a Beautiful moment even if many dont agree.

I wonder how many of you hunters on this sight if armed with a rifle or that bow would take such an easy opertunity point blank on this moose or you would be aiming for a more gracefull kill shot.

I dont hunt but im curiouse to see if you would consider that as actuall hunting.

tankerman
12-07-2008, 7:13 PM
Can't speak for other hunters, but for me hunting does not always equal killing. I do not shoot any animal that walks by just because I have a tag, really don't believe most hunters do.

Hunting for me is about spending time in the outdoors, solitude, feeling the elements and appreciating this planet. If you I do take an animal's life I feel that too, looking into their eyes as they die, feeling the warmth leave their body, smelling the blood, urine, touching the organs etc... and then feeding it to my family.

That hunter had a great experience. Doubt a non-hunter would ever find himself in that situation unless he went to the zoo.
My question is - was the Moose really on the hunters list of prey to kill, with a bow and arrow.
The fact that the beast came right up to him in my mind, gave it a stay of exercusion.
It was a Beautiful moment even if many dont agree.

I wonder how many of you hunters on this sight if armed with a rifle or that bow would take such an easy opertunity point blank on this moose or you would be aiming for a more gracefull kill shot.

I dont hunt but im curiouse to see if you would consider that as actuall hunting.

popndrop
12-07-2008, 8:17 PM
Can't speak for other hunters, but for me hunting does not always equal killing. I do not shoot any animal that walks by just because I have a tag, really don't believe most hunters do.

Hunting for me is about spending time in the outdoors, solitude, feeling the elements and appreciating this planet. If you I do take an animal's life I feel that too, looking into their eyes as they die, feeling the warmth leave their body, smelling the blood, urine, touching the organs etc... and then feeding it to my family.

That hunter had a great experience. Doubt a non-hunter would ever find himself in that situation unless he went to the zoo.

2nd to that -
I love to be outdoors in nature - I'll sit in blinds for days without so much as picking up a rifle, and I love it. To have that experience where an animal as HUGE as an adult Moose would come up to you and touch you - that is a Trophy Experience, to have it on video - that to me would be as awesome a trophy as any on my wall.
That is not to say, that had a giant bull moose had presented me with an ethical, humane kill shot, I wouldn't have taken it.
There is an old Native American saying "I kill, so that I may experience the Hunt - I do not hunt to experience the kill". I think that most the hunters that i spend time with feel that way....Expect for varmints and Pigs...them we just love to kill :)

Jpach
12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
That was absoultely beautiful, what an amazing experience for that guy. From what I heard, moose have terrible vision. Tho how the moose was able to see and play with the arrow and not see or smell the hunter and camera guy escapes me at the moment.

Dark&Good
12-09-2008, 1:34 AM
Yeah, wouldn't be fun to kill in that situation. Obviously, the hunter hasn't been starving for the last 2 weeks... :D

TKM
12-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Duck season, rabbit season.

fusionstar
12-09-2008, 1:42 PM
Hmm.. I wouldn't of shot it either. Maybe if I was starving and in a survival situation.. then I would pull out the raging bull in 454 casull.. Then again I could use that to cut my firewood and make rafts.

Ledbetter
12-09-2008, 2:42 PM
What Nick said.