PDA

View Full Version : Guns for Grocery in Phily!

ElvenSoul
11-26-2008, 11:49 AM
http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=17719318&BRD=2737&PAG=461&dept_id=576361&rfi=6

It says they have collected over 300 guns so far!

What with current gun prices I do hope the people turning them in are getting a fair return.....suckers!!!!!!!!

Ah the Obamination.

rrr70
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Go to Big 5, buy Mosin for $79, turn around and get $200 for food. Good times.:D

dirtyJ
11-26-2008, 12:41 PM
"Ten children die everyday in the U.S. as a result of gun violence," Reynolds Brown said. "At least today we've made a small dent to better protect our children."

Say what!? Granted, if you say that technically, everyone is someone's child, I could see that, but 10 "kids" a day from guns? Someone's talking out their *** here.

Go to Big 5, buy Mosin for $79, turn around and get $200 for food. Good times.:D

Also, the Jewish side of me giggles at your remark, and begins calculating time and flying money involved :o.

rrr70
11-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Also, the Jewish side of me giggles at your remark, and begins calculating time and flying money involved :o.

Hey, I'm a Jew myself.
Did somebody say PROFIT? Gotta go....:D

AaronHorrocks
11-26-2008, 12:47 PM

Don't do that! They are a piece of History.

dirtyJ
11-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Hey, I'm a Jew myself.
Did somebody say PROFIT? Gotta go....:D

Haha, no, that was some pennies hitting the ground :).

Don't do that! They are a piece of History.

History is designed to forward the future, and this is a great case of forwarding my FINANCIAL future.

rrr70
11-26-2008, 1:00 PM
Haha, no, that was some pennies hitting the ground :).

:Ivan:

:D

dfletcher
11-26-2008, 1:22 PM
Say what!? Granted, if you say that technically, everyone is someone's child, I could see that, but 10 "kids" a day from guns? Someone's talking out their *** here.

Actually, by questioning the definition of "child/children" I think you're on the right track.

For me and many others I'd suspect, the term child conjurs up a kid maybe 8 or 10 years old, playing ball in the back yard or BB court with his pals and leading a rather innocent and trouble free - or at least not a deliberately dangerous - existence. I don't think that's the case regarding these statistics.

I would venture that for statistical purposes a child is anyone under the age of 18 and that includes those with an extensive criminal history, much time spent in juvenile hall and an on going gang affiliation. Further, if one were to assert that perhaps they should not be included in the "children" category the people who compile those numbers, far from backing off, would say they have as much right to be included as the kids who behave themselves - a dead 16 year old is a dead 16 year old regardless of how they got there. I'm not going to make a judgement on that, but obviously the presentation of "10 children per day" is done for political gain.

biscuitninja
11-26-2008, 1:26 PM

that is what i've done with some junk Nagant Pistols. They are so worn and beat, i'd be afraid to fine ANYTHING out of them. I picked them up for about 20-40 each as a "project". When the time comes I turn them around for 100-200 each. I bought 20 of them for a 1000. So far the first 6 have paid for everything....
We will see.
-bix

AaronHorrocks
11-26-2008, 1:26 PM
History should be preserved, not destroyed.

Besides, no kiddies can handle a 7.62x54R Bolt Action. I know grown men that are too much of a pansy to handle shooting it more than once.

ElvenSoul
11-28-2008, 2:55 AM
Just breathing kills more people a day than guns then....can't find the site now but a few weeks back saw a stat that said second hand smoke kills 25 people a day!

JDay
11-28-2008, 11:33 AM
"This gun buyback does more than get guns off the street. It keeps our children out of harm's way," Reynolds Brown said.

Sorry to burst your bubble Mr. Brown but none of those guns were on the street to begin with. A thug can make far more than $200 with his gun so he has no incentive to turn it in. Good job getting broke old ladies to turn in their dead husbands firearms for food, I'm sure it makes you sleep better at night. Jackass.

tankerman
11-28-2008, 9:53 PM
I've got the same deal going at my house, bring me your guns and I'll give you some groceries.

sigsauer887
11-29-2008, 1:25 PM

What really sucks about those statistics is that it not only includes children, it in includes juveniles up to ages 16. Most of those juveniles who do die fm gang violence are in gangs or often packing themselves.

gwl
11-29-2008, 2:59 PM
I don't think I'll ever be hungry enough to turn my guns in for groceries.

rrr70
11-29-2008, 5:52 PM
I don't think I'll ever be hungry enough to turn my guns in for groceries.

+1:D

Vacaville
11-29-2008, 5:58 PM
I wish we could turn in groceries for guns.

gwl
11-29-2008, 6:11 PM
I wish we could turn in groceries for guns.

That would be awesome! :D

bruceflinch
11-29-2008, 6:43 PM
I've got the same deal going at my house, bring me your guns and I'll give you some groceries.

I have a Sterling .22 I'd trade for $200 worth of anything...:D