PDA

View Full Version : Kel-Tec .22LR

offrdmania
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Has anyone had any experiance with either one of these and does anyone know where I can get one? I think it would be a fun tinker toy to add to my .22 collection. I already have a Spikes .22 and a WASR .22.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/offrdmania/kel_tec22.jpg

mvpatriot
11-25-2008, 10:30 PM
great for a free state, but I would stick to my 10/22 and prebans unless you got the extra dough

69Mach1
11-25-2008, 11:11 PM
Although the SU-22 rifle is completely legal in CA, I would choose something that can be customized like the Ruger 10/22, or something more evil looking to take full advantage of the features. DD's Ranch is selling them if you want one. As far as using preban high caps for the Ruger, if you have them there's a good chance you also acquired the Ceiner AR .22lr high caps as well. Those magazines should work in this rifle. You can also rebuild it with the body and parts from the Black Dog mags.

The PLR-22 pistol. Not worth the time and expense for a Californian.

offrdmania
11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Here it is with the optional pistol grip which allows you to add any stock of your choice.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/offrdmania/keltec-su22-2.jpg

69Mach1
11-25-2008, 11:20 PM
That's better, but you would have two AR 22's....almost.:) How about a GSG-5 or a Walther G22? If that's what you like though, buy it. I keep hearing people say "buy a .22 to save money on ammo". Unfortunatly for guys like us who collect .22lr guns, we're actually spending more $$. By the way, my next .22 will be GSG's copy of the HK G36.

wcnones
11-25-2008, 11:34 PM
Walther G22 is freaking awesome. Picked mine up yesterday and blasted through a couple hundred rounds with a big grin on my face.

69Mach1
11-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Walther G22 is freaking awesome. Picked mine up yesterday and blasted through a couple hundred rounds with a big grin on my face.

Congrats. I heard about the Desert Eagle too. Welcome to the DE club. I have the Walther G22 also, and it's a great plinker.

offrdmania
11-25-2008, 11:38 PM
Glad you enjoy yours but im not a fan of the Walther, I think its a downright ugly rifle. Im just trying to find something different. The 10/22 will end up looking like my AR and im not sure I like the GSG either. I would love one of those German MP 44 in .22 but they run over 2K. Maybe someone make s a Tommy gun in .22?

SVRider
11-26-2008, 9:47 AM
This was a cool "modification" of the old 10/22.

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/SGpics/SGside2.jpg
http://ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/11022prod.html

...I thought about it more than once. Problem is the buy-in price. He's probably not making a lot of money based on his time to design and build the kit, but it's still a lot of money, for what amounts to a cool looking toy.

.....I guess this stems from my wish that I would have bought a real Walther 2000 back in the days when you could get them....where again the problem was the buy-in price.....

BullseyeRange
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Why bother if you've already got a Spike's and WASR? Check out the GSG5 as well.

mvpatriot
11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
krinker plinker?krinker plinker?krinker plinker?krinker plinker?

maxicon
11-26-2008, 12:52 PM
You can never have too many .22s. I'll definitely be on the lookout for these at a decent price.

I don't care much for my G22, for a couple of reasons.

- With cheap ammo (my favorite), the ejection port right next to my face keeps me shrouded in noxious smoke.

- Mine's a bit quirky about putting the mag in - if I put it in strongly with the bolt locked back, it often makes a round jump partway out and stop the bolt from closing. Putting the mag in with the bolt closed works fine. It does this with all 3 mags.

- The big disappointment is that the optics rail is part of the stock, not the receiver, and there's no way to tighten it down enough to keep it from shifting. When I set it down and pick it up again, the POA on the optic shifts from side to side. I have the laser, which is mounted much more securely to the barrel via the front sight, and it's obvious when using both the laser and the scope that the scope is shifting.

My favorite .22 rifles are my Marlin 60s, my 10/22, and my DPMS .22 upper.

pat4wd
02-04-2009, 1:44 PM
do they make 10rnd mags for these?