PDA

View Full Version : Florida CCW

626Tony
11-21-2008, 9:45 PM
If I get a non resident ccw from Florida and I use it in NV and AZ? even though I am a non-resident :confused: I may not qualify for utah due to a old wet reckless (i know young and stupid) on my record can someone please advise thanks

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

(6) These states issue concealed carry licenses to qualified individuals who are non-residents. These non-resident permits cannot be honored under Florida's reciprocity provision.

freakshow10mm
11-21-2008, 9:52 PM
Yes.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/maps/florida_map.gif

626Tony
11-21-2008, 9:55 PM
hi please take a look at the link on the 1st thread it states i cant but i dont know how up to date it is

Doheny
11-21-2008, 10:03 PM
How old was your wet wreckless (and what exactly is a wet wreckless)?

And yes to your FL question.

freakshow10mm
11-21-2008, 10:07 PM
hi please take a look at the link on the 1st thread it states i cant but i dont know how up to date it is
Read that again. It states that FL only recognizes resident permits from AZ and NM. That means if you are an AZ or NM resident with permit FL will honor it.

What my link confirms is that with a FL permit you can carry in both AZ and NM. FL doesn't issue a "non-res" permit. They issue a permit, but may have a non-FL address.

626Tony
11-21-2008, 10:12 PM
alcohol related drunk driving less than a DUI kinda borderline (too much to drink at a company party) it was 3 years ago

626Tony
11-21-2008, 10:13 PM
no probation I HEAR that Utar is faster to get is this true????

Doheny
11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
alcohol related drunk driving less than a DUI kinda borderline (too much to drink at a company party) it was 3 years ago

Well, it doesn't hurt to try, although that will probably be considered fairly recent in their eyes (Utah's). You can answer "yes" to the question and then explain it on a seperate piece of paper. I would get your DMV printout and see exactly what they call it (to make sure it's not called a DUI.) Tell them it was an indiscretion...it could work.

Yes, Utah is fairly fast. State law requires them to process permits within a certain number of days after being receieved (I can't remember how many, but it's fairly quick.)

626Tony
11-21-2008, 10:23 PM
THANKS DOHENY