11-21-2008, 6:03 PM
Man I hope this is true!

goathead
11-21-2008, 6:06 PM
what did he win

tonelar
11-21-2008, 6:08 PM
F_ck Yeah!
Finally some decent news. He won a seat in congress. Plus he's NRA endorsed.

Soldier415
11-21-2008, 6:10 PM
This is great news. Tom is one of our more genius economic minds.

Backcountry
11-21-2008, 6:12 PM
I just called the campaign and they're saying it's true....

Whooo-hoo, a voice of reason for our side!

Backcountry
11-21-2008, 6:15 PM
http://www.theunion.com/article/20081121/NEWS/811219964/1053/NONE&parentprofile=1053&title=McClintock%20declares%20victory%20in%20Congr ess%20race

McClintock declares victory in Congress race
Friday, November 21, 2008

The campaign of Republican congresisonal candidate Tom McClintock said the vote tally released late Friday from Placer County "mathematically ensures McClintock victory" in the 4th District.

"Placer County today completed the process of counting absentee and provisional votes, and Tom McClintock gained 1,464 votes," the campaign announced.

"The final Placer County tally gives McClintock a lead of 1,793 votes over (Democrat) Charlie Brown. With the vote tally completed in Placer and Nevada Counties, there is no mathematical way Charlie Brown can overtake McClintock’s lead in the Fourth Congressional District election.

“The votes are almost all in and the result is no longer in doubt,” said McClintock spokesman Bill George. “With the small number of votes remaining to be counted, there is no way Charlie Brown can overcome McClintock’s lead. The Placer County vote total leaves no doubt that Tom McClintock has prevailed in this race and will represent the district in Congress.”

sfwdiy
11-21-2008, 6:29 PM
http://www.theunion.com/article/20081121/NEWS/811219964/1053/NONE&parentprofile=1053&title=McClintock%20declares%20victory%20in%20Congr ess%20race

McClintock declares victory in Congress race
Friday, November 21, 2008

For a second I looked at that link and thought it said "theonion.com". I was gonna tell you you'd all been had. :)

Good news!

CCWFacts
11-21-2008, 6:32 PM
Excellent!

That's some bright news.

Also, redistricting has won. Our gerrymandered districts here have a bad effect on us in this state, and they have also had a terrible effect on Congress by allowing people like Pelosi, Waxman, etc, to have safe seats. I'm in Waxman's district and his name was the only choice on the ballot. That's sad. (It's sad to have to leave a blank on the ballot.)

I'm hoping that the extremism of the incoming administration, plus the rage of us gun owners, and angry conservatives, and competitive districts in California, might be a tasty recipe four to eight years from now.

Maybe I'll change my sig to say "Palin-Jindal '12".

Blacktail 8541
11-21-2008, 6:34 PM
This is definatley good news! :jump:

Glock22Fan
11-21-2008, 7:03 PM
Fan-bloody-tastic!

strega7
11-21-2008, 7:04 PM
Excellent!

That's some bright news.

Also, redistricting has won. Our gerrymandered districts here have a bad effect on us in this state, and they have also had a terrible effect on Congress by allowing people like Pelosi, Waxman, etc, to have safe seats. I'm in Waxman's district and his name was the only choice on the ballot. That's sad. (It's sad to have to leave a blank on the ballot.)

I'm hoping that the extremism of the incoming administration, plus the rage of us gun owners, and angry conservatives, and competitive districts in California, might be a tasty recipe four to eight years from now.

Maybe I'll change my sig to say "Palin-Jindal '12".When I was reading about the redistricting measure, I thought it said it was only going to change the districts for state senate/assembly members, not members of congress. I hope I am wrong.

CCWFacts
11-21-2008, 7:19 PM
When I was reading about the redistricting measure, I thought it said it was only going to change the districts for state senate/assembly members, not members of congress. I hope I am wrong.

Woops, I was totally wrong. You're right:

Changes the authority for establishing the district boundaries of the California State Assembly, California State Senate, and Board of Equalization from elected representatives to a 14-member commission.

Oh well, it still will help us get some more life into this state's Republican party. This state is a lot more conservative than its legislature would indicate. What happens is because state-level seats are absolutely safe in one party or the other, there is no need to have candidates who could appeal to moderates, so we end up with extremists on both sides, and their side is larger than our side. So this will really help change the situation here.

But you're right and I was wrong, no impact on congressional districts.

yellowfin
11-21-2008, 7:29 PM
Actually I'd say go for congressional districts next once we get the state's districts working properly. The people believe in the principle of it. Waxman and Pelosi just need to be minimized in the meantime, and there are ways to do it. Tie them up with all kinds of distractions.

ldivinag
11-21-2008, 7:42 PM
poor guy... charlie brown.

lol...

JMB Fan
11-21-2008, 7:47 PM
That's great news!

Racer5
11-21-2008, 8:46 PM
poor guy... charlie brown.

lol...

Charlie Brown is a good man, a strong supporter of 2A, a decorated combat veteran, and has lived in the district, as opposed to the carpetbagger McClintock. It was always going to be a close vote, I'm sorry Brown didn't make it, but let's be clear - we're *all* better off with the corrupt and disgraced incumbent John Doolittle out of public service. We'll be even better off when he's behind bars, doing time.

Soldier415
11-21-2008, 9:33 PM
Charlie Brown is a good man, a strong supporter of 2A, a decorated combat veteran, and has lived in the district, as opposed to the carpetbagger McClintock. It was always going to be a close vote, I'm sorry Brown didn't make it, but let's be clear - we're *all* better off with the corrupt and disgraced incumbent John Doolittle out of public service. We'll be even better off when he's behind bars, doing time.

Tom McClintock has saved the working men of this state millions of dollars. Brown, whil e I respect im for his service, has done nothing to help us.

If you think Tom is a carpet bagger, then I dont know what to say to you.

peepshowal
11-21-2008, 10:24 PM
From a friend at 5:28 pm today:

Just got off the phone with Roseville McClintock Headquarters, and
was told:
“…we just picked up another 1,464 votes, so the margin
becomes 1,793. It’s OVER….Tom has WON !"

Great news!

tombinghamthegreat
11-21-2008, 10:44 PM
good news

nicki
11-22-2008, 2:55 AM
Interesting during the Republican primaries for president Tom reluctantly admitted that Ron Paul was the only candidate at the time that was true to Conservative principles.

It appears now we may now have 2 Congressmen who will actually support the Constitution.

So, 2 on board, another 211 to go to get a majority:rolleyes:

Nicki

bigstick61
11-22-2008, 3:51 AM
Hunter and Tancredo could also be said to be, for the most part, traditional conservatives, but they both decided not to run for another term, unfortunately. Conservatives are very small in number when it comes to GOP leadership positions and public officials.

Soldier415
11-22-2008, 8:39 AM
Interesting during the Republican primaries for president Tom reluctantly admitted that Ron Paul was the only candidate at the time that was true to Conservative principles.

It appears now we may now have 2 Congressmen who will actually support the Constitution.

Nicki

Funny how he supported Fred Thompson and chaired his CA campaign...

Paladin
11-22-2008, 8:48 AM

Nicki
Richard Viguerie (http://conservativehq.com/home) was on the radio the other day (on Sean Hannity's prgm?) and said that if Tom joins Congress, he'll be one of the leading lights of the coming Conservative Revolution.

:79:

Santa Cruz Armory
11-22-2008, 8:58 AM
Well that's a nice little life raft in the sea of crap we ended up with this election... any victory is good.

odysseus
11-22-2008, 9:43 AM
Good news.

Soldier415
11-22-2008, 9:43 AM
Well that's a nice little life raft in the sea of crap we ended up with this election... any victory is good.

Well put :D

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Actually I'd say go for congressional districts next once we get the state's districts working properly. The people believe in the principle of it. Waxman and Pelosi just need to be minimized in the meantime, and there are ways to do it. Tie them up with all kinds of distractions.

The people believe in the principle of it. BUT they left the national seats out of prop 11 for a very good reason. Prop 11 was only for state seats. Once you attack national seats, the national parties (both!) will start pumping many millions of dollars to shut it down. It's my understanding that spending was like 10:1 for no redistricting and we squeaked out a win; if we had a prop to change the national seats, I'd expect the spending to be 50:1 or 100:1 against redistricting. Every radio and tv ad would be against redistricting, you'd hear almost nothing for it. It would likely lose.

Baby steps.

zenmastar
11-22-2008, 12:59 PM

A rookie democrat going to congress is another vote controlled by Pelosi and her minions.

retired
11-22-2008, 6:37 PM
Has Brown conceded yet.

I voted for McClintock for Gov. I wonder how different things would be if he had won.