PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new rifle?

Scout106
11-21-2008, 3:53 PM
I haven't bought a non-C&R rifle for many years. I am a C&R with a COE. The new modern rifle will be sent to my local FFL. Am I required to wait 10 days for a CA background check since I hold a valid COE? Are there any waivers on long guns?

TIA

Mssr. Eleganté
11-21-2008, 8:41 PM
You'll have to wait the ten days for a modern firearm. The C&R plus COE exemption only applies to C&R firearms.

There are some waiting period exemptions for modern guns, but the are for Dealers, law enfocement, museums, etc.

Scout106
11-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Thank you for the reply to my question. The answer is as I figured it would be. Just another example of how screwed up CA gun laws are. I submit fingerprints and pay a fee for a COE and yet it doesn't substitute for the waiting period background check. Redundant bureaucracy at its' finest.

rayra
11-22-2008, 11:43 AM
It's not about 'redundant bureaucracy' at all, at least not from a govt inefficiency aspect. It's about the deliberate obstructionism put in place by our Democrat-controlled legislature. It's about their deliberate erection of every obstacle to private gun ownership that they can wheedle thru our system.