PDA

View Full Version : Gun Ownership Question in Obama "Job Ap"

dfletcher
11-20-2008, 4:31 PM
Are you now or have you ever been a gun owner or card carrying member of the NRA? I hold in my hand a list - a list of 57 people known to have been gun owners or associated with known gun owners in the last two years .....
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/15835.html

yellowfin
11-20-2008, 4:55 PM
Reeks of Jim Crowe, doesn't it?

CHS
11-20-2008, 6:06 PM
They still can't get it through their stupid thick skulls that guns ARE A RIGHT.

It's the same thing as asking the question "Do you practice free speech? If so when and where? Please include all copies of anything you've ever written, including copies of current permits for free speech".

CalCop
11-20-2008, 6:18 PM
The obama crew is defending themselves by saying they want to make sure that the gun registrations haven't "lapsed." They can't lapse...when you buy a rifle, you don't even have to give the serial number, how could you ever register it...how could it ever lapse? This is ridiculous!

6172crew
11-20-2008, 6:30 PM
The obama crew is defending themselves by saying they want to make sure that the gun registrations haven't "lapsed." They can't lapse...when you buy a rifle, you don't even have to give the serial number, how could you ever register it...how could it ever lapse? This is ridiculous!
Remeber when Iggy and friends went door to door looking for firearms that were once legal but because of a ex-wife now are not? Im sure the brown shirts will start with that. The thing is we ruined Iggys year and we need to be smart this time around as well, if the .gov starts tasking the local le to come take your guns we need to give them static the whole way.

There used to be a retired LE guy who posted here years ago who said taking firearms turned out to be a bad deal and they gave up, this was in response to the roberti roos aw ban.

CowboyShooter
11-21-2008, 8:08 AM
What they ACTUALLY wanted to ask.... :D

“Comrade, do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun?
If so, please wait here for further questioning by our civilian security team.
Fill in the blanks below with the names and addresses of anyone you know
that also may own a gun or who may have ever mentioned guns
or who may have ever had thoughts about guns before.”

A troubled man for troubled times :(

tunder
11-21-2008, 10:18 AM
I see this as a gun ownership educational opportunity.
Just simple honest answers.

Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.”

1-Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun?

Yes they all legally own guns.

2-If so, provide complete ownership and registration information.

Here's copies of the receipts for mine. The rest of the family, well it's none of my business so you'll have to ask them.

Registration? No, it's not required that I register them, not the shotguns, not the semiautomatic pistols, not the bolt action or lever action rifles, not even the AR15 with 30 round magazines.

3-Has the registration ever lapsed?

Well, no. Since registration was never required by local law, there's nothing to lapse.

4-Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.

I use them for whatever legal purpose I wish, mainly for putting bullet size holes in paper targets or in season furry animals.

4b-"whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage."

I haver never shot a person with any of my firearms; nor have I ever damaged any property that was not my personal property. And none of my firearms have ever gotten out of the safe and tried to do harm on its own.

CHS
11-21-2008, 10:27 AM
The obama crew is defending themselves by saying they want to make sure that the gun registrations haven't "lapsed."

Unfortunately, this is probably defensible since many of the east coast states have all kinds of strange registration and permitting systems in place for owning guns including shotguns and long guns.

I remember a friend of mine asking me what he needed to do to move to CA with his shotgun from back east where he had to have a shotgun permit. He wanted to know what sort of permit or registration he needed before he got to CA. I told him "Uhh, nothing, just bring it with you, silly".

They can't lapse...when you buy a rifle, you don't even have to give the serial number, how could you ever register it...how could it ever lapse? This is ridiculous!

That's just for California.

Doheny
11-21-2008, 10:32 AM
:dupe:

Already posted in the election forum...

yellowfin
11-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Illinois actually has a registration system that requires renewal every year.