PDA

View Full Version : 1 gun per month rule?

choiwonsuh
11-20-2008, 11:34 AM
I know in CA, there's the 1 handgun purchase per month rule, with the exception of PPT's.

What about buying a handgun from an out of state dealer, having them ship it, and picking it up at a local dealer? Does that also count towards the 1 gun/month rule?

Thank you.

ke6guj
11-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Yup, a transfer in from out of state is considered the same as if it came from your local dealer's inventory. And as such, is subject to the 1-in-30 rule.

TonyM
11-20-2008, 11:36 AM
I know in CA, there's the 1 handgun purchase per month rule, with the exception of PPT's.

What about buying a handgun from an out of state dealer, having them ship it, and picking it up at a local dealer? Does that also count towards the 1 gun/month rule?

Thank you.

Yes, that applies to the 1 in 30 rule.

There are exceptions to the rule though. Look up C&R FFL and COE (Certificate of Eligibility).

Desertfox
11-20-2008, 11:44 AM
What about lower receivers, can I buy 2 or more in one month?

Wyseguy
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
If the lower receiver is for a rifle, you can buy as many as you can afford per month.

Anthonysmanifesto
11-20-2008, 11:47 AM
we now have about 4 threads asking the same question...

a great question - but maybe we can consolidate it.

in the meantime we should be using the calgunswiki as much as possible.

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Limits_on_handgun_purchases

choiwonsuh
11-20-2008, 12:07 PM
What about lower receivers, can I buy 2 or more in one month?

What wyseguy said... The rule applies only to handguns. No limit for long guns. As long as the lower receiver isn't in pistol config, it will be fine.

Btw, sorry if the question had already been asked... the search option isn't always so easy to use.

edit. btw, thanks for the info!

sorensen440
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
What wyseguy said... The rule applies only to handguns. No limit for long guns. As long as the lower receiver isn't in pistol config, it will be fine.

Btw, sorry if the question had already been asked... the search option isn't always so easy to use.

edit. btw, thanks for the info!

The search has been pretty crummy lately and that is why I have resisted my normal use the search remarks on this type of thread

99sparks
11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
You can purchase 100 guns, on the same date, out of state. However, you can only pick them up at the rate of one a month from your in state FFL... Stupid CA stuff.

EBR Works
11-20-2008, 1:10 PM
Get your C&R license and COE and you can buy as many handguns (C&R or modern) as you want in a 30 day period.