PDA

View Full Version : Rational (or at least attempt to) debate on GunControl on NPR

vladbutsky
11-20-2008, 9:43 AM
A lot of intellectually dishonest points from Brady guys (what a surprise ;)) but otherwise interesting debate and I'm glad that it finally happend on NPR.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96409853

We need more debates that reach liberal public. NRA is not doing a good job in this area for now.

Liberty1
11-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Thank you for the link!!

I'd say that considering the demographic that would go to an NPR debate (witness the pre-debate support/opposition of the motion) that our boys did very well swaying the "undecided". The post debate increase of 14% for approval of the motion, "Guns Reduce Crime", vs. only a 4% increase for the banners gives us a solid win IMO :D

lioneaglegriffin
11-20-2008, 1:39 PM
Also this is NYC, indian country.

good debate.

RRangel
11-20-2008, 3:37 PM
There's actually serious "scholars" that want to blame victims and those who own guns for the actions of criminals. John Donahue believes it's our fault that criminals can steal our property. I can discount what anyone says once they start blaming victims. He also sides with the DC gun ban because residents there could own shotguns, although he doesn't explain in which condition they needed to be when owned. Typical disingenuous anti.