PDA

View Full Version : A new idea to get converts??

GuyW
11-19-2008, 11:05 AM
"Turns out you can own a gun without really understanding what the 2A is all about."

There's an interim-period law I can back: no gun or ammo purchase in CA without possessing a state card that proves you passed a test on the 2nd Amendment...

yellowfin
11-19-2008, 11:12 AM
BAD IDEA. The wrong people in office can make that card cost $500, and it's another form of registration.

Better idea: have that quiz on the 2nd Amendment at the top of every ballot.

bulgron
11-19-2008, 11:18 AM
BAD IDEA. The wrong people in office can make that card cost $500, and it's another form of registration.

Better idea: have that quiz on the 2nd Amendment at the top of every ballot.

No.

Just make there be a standardized quiz on the U.S. Constitution (including the 2A) as a part of the exit examine for high school. Make sure the NRA grades the answers on the 2A questions.

tgun
11-19-2008, 11:56 AM
If you have to pass a test to express your Right, then it's not really a Right.

GuyW
11-19-2008, 12:02 PM

How, in a practical sense, is the 2nd a Right today in CA?

I termed it an "interim law" for a reason....

...but I am hoping that different ideas may pop up here...

Synergy
11-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I agree with that statement to a point. Many people dont know their rights. Thus they need a refresher.Also, they are not really rights if the government can take them away. Wiki: Executive Order 9066.

CHS
11-19-2008, 12:23 PM
The best thing about America as a free country is that you have the freedom and the right to remain totally ignorant about your rights.

I'd like to keep it that way.

Forcing people to test on their rights is, in the end, another restriction on their rights.

Besides, didn't we all learn about our rights in High School? I know the 2A was of particular interest to me at the time. It still is. I CHOOSE not to remain ignorant about my rights, but I support the ignorance of others even if I don't agree with it.

Rights, they're a funny thing :)

yellowfin
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I still wonder what effect could be had by printing the Bill of Rights at the top of every ballot would be.