PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Orange county supervisor meetings.

nicki
11-19-2008, 2:43 AM
I read Mary Blek spoke out in favor of the restricitve CCW policies.

Since the Orange county register just wrote her name my question is did she tell the supervisors her role with the Million Mom March. She ran the group for a while.

I would be curious if she was there solo because if so it means the Million Mom March has crashed and burned.

It would be very significant if she hid he associations with the gun control movement.

The paper said 100 of you showed up, is that a accurate number or is it off.

Thanks for stepping up, your actions should spread across the state, especially after Nordyke makes things interesting.

Nicki

mdhpper
11-19-2008, 5:39 AM
Mary and her husband spoke aside from them I did not see any of her supporters. 100 is an underestimation, the place was packed.

RomanDad
11-19-2008, 6:41 AM
We counted 250 supporters.... We had 200 buttons made and all were given out.

Mary Blek has been fearing CCWs in orange county for ten years now....
http://articles.latimes.com/1998/sep/22/local/me-25353
After ten years without the wildwest breaking out in orange county shes still beating the same drum.

I feel sorry for her and her husband.... Their son was shot and killed in a robbery. But the fact is, I DONT WANT TO END UP LIKE HER SON.... I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND MYSELF AGAINST THE CRIMINAL, SO THAT MY PARENTS WONT HAVE TO SPEND HOLIDAYS AT ANTI-GUN RALLYS.... THEY CAN SPEND THEM WITH ME AND MY CHILDREN THE WAY THE BLEKS WOULD BE RIGHT NOW IF THEIR SON HAD BEEN ARMED TOO.

M. D. Van Norman
11-19-2008, 7:32 AM
She and her husband did mention their affiliation with the Brady Campaign. There was also one neutral speaker, though he clearly had no love for Sheriff Hutchens.

tango-52
11-19-2008, 7:45 AM
There was also one neutral speaker, though he clearly had no love for Sheriff Hutchens.
He is a fixture at the Board meetings. He always speaks, regardless of what is on the agenda. I guess he wants the Board to know that someone is watching what they do.

M. D. Van Norman
11-19-2008, 7:47 AM
I gathered that. It was an educational day. :D

RomanDad
11-19-2008, 9:02 AM
He is a fixture at the Board meetings. He always speaks, regardless of what is on the agenda. I guess he wants the Board to know that someone is watching what they do.

Rico and I came to the conclusion, its his own personal Toastmasters program... At a fraction of the cost.

fairfaxjim
11-19-2008, 9:40 AM

If you spend any time at all sitting through meetings of elected boards - councils, whatever, you will see that just about every one of them have their resident citizen watchdog. Some sport recorders, most speak at least once just to signal their presence, all of them seem to be well known by the board members. I guess that's what floats their boat.

Theseus
11-19-2008, 11:39 AM
The only issue I have seen with the floaters is that often the boards entertain them but give them little or no credibility.

Obviously they have come to the conclusion, whether founded or not, that someone that has the time to make most or all of the meetings is not someone capable of really doing anything about the decisions they make?

nicki
11-19-2008, 1:19 PM
Thanks to everyone who attended, it appears that the press underreported the number of attendees.

Your participation gave us valuable real world experience that we can now learn from, fine tune, create models and replicate in other counties.

The fact that the Brady Bunch didn't have lots of people there means that if we get public hearings on CCW's, elected officials will see us in overwhelming numbers.

I imagine there were some really hot issues brought up that the press thought wasn't news worthy.

Nicki

Dan M.
11-19-2008, 3:14 PM
Rico and I came to the conclusion, its his own personal Toastmasters program... At a fraction of the cost.

I loved when Moorlach corrected his pronunciation of Hutchens' name:

Moorlach: "It's not Hutchinson, it's HUTCHENS."

Daryl (vehemently): "I don't care, I can't STAND her as Sheriff!"