PDA

View Full Version : Kimber warrior mags bad?

Mississippi
11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I bought a Kimber Warrior and it came with one eight round mag. So I picked up two more of the same factory kimber mags.

I went to the range and shot 170 rounds. I had so many failure to feeds that it made me sick that I spent 1295 bucks on a pistol!

I changed Kimbers 16 pound recoil spring out to a wolf 18 pound spring and I trashed my factory Kimber mags. Replaced them with Wilson Combat 47D.

Are Kimber mags really bad? Could I have another problem? I havent had a chance to go back to the range after the changes.

Thanks for the help. I'm a Kimber 1911 newbie!

p7m8jg
11-17-2008, 1:03 PM
Until you shoot probably 300-500 rounds through the gun, you might have issues.

I've got about 500 through mine. With extra power springs in an 8 round mag, it sometimes fails to feed the first round when I reload and don't "slingshot" the slide, but just drop it with the slide release.

Relax. Kimbers are good. SHoot it. Shoot it again. Clean it, Shoot it again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.....

after several hundred rounds, then start worrying about the mags...

IMHO

Mississippi
11-17-2008, 2:38 PM
Thanks for the help. I just need to shoot it more. Thats a good problem.

360PA
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I only have 300 rounds through my Warrior and it fires flawlessly with CMC Powermags. I don't use the Kimber mag it came with as the guy I bought my Warrior from said it caused the gun to malfunction.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/bkpcom/KimberWarrior.jpg

WRENCHHEAD
11-19-2008, 8:55 PM
i've had the same problems with my 8rd kimber mags. feed problems in all 3 of my 1911's. warrior, trp, and customII. i use metalforms normally and theres no problem.

dexter9659
11-19-2008, 8:58 PM
I do not use the factory mags that came with my kimber. Instead, at the advice given by the many knowledgeable Calgunners, I use nothing but Wilson 47D mags.

icoburn
11-19-2008, 9:00 PM
Had some FTF problems with my kimber mags so I picked up some wilson combats and now thats all I will use in my 1911s

Nuuze
11-19-2008, 10:35 PM
My Kimber Custom CDP II will not feed the first round correctly with the 8 round KimPro Tac mags using JHP. 7 rounds feed fine but not 8. I also notice I cannot load a full mag of 8 with the slide forward. It will not lock in place. I haven't had a chance to try other mags yet. A 7 rounder came with it when I bought it. Does that mean it will only take 7 rounders?

walter
11-26-2008, 7:32 PM
i dont have a kimber but from all the posts, kimber is suppose to be a higher-end 1911 and this is just not acceptable. i keep reading EVERYWHERE that kimber mags sucks well i would never buy a gun from a company that produces crappy magazines

trickyvic
11-26-2008, 7:46 PM
Kimber doesn't produce the mags, IIRC they outsource. IMHO your better off going with CMC, Tripps, or Wilsons. Make sure you try a different ones, I am still searching for the perfect mags for my Kimber TLEII. I tried the Wilson 47d's, I also just ordered a couple of Cobramags. Everyone raves about the Cobramags, so hopefully they work in my 1911.

Gio
11-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I do not use the factory mags that came with my kimber. Instead, at the advice given by the many knowledgeable Calgunners, I use nothing but Wilson 47D mags.

I use the 47D's as well, however I do use my stock 7 rounder now for my Kimber Custom II. I noticed that when using the Kimber mag it tends to jam the first round if you sling the slide back. If I use the release it goes in fine, either way I spent a good amount of money on getting 4 of the 47D's. Even before I actually was able to pick up my Kimber. My friend told me just to toss the stock one in the garbage. But me being a new owner and it being my first gun I decided to keep it around :D

-Gio