PDA

View Full Version : Iggy Goes Nationwide

dfletcher
11-16-2008, 8:11 PM
Still time to make a comment or two - Iggy being cited as a knowledgeable source on CA ARs: http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=335663�

USN CHIEF
11-16-2008, 8:21 PM
Great response dfletcher.

sorensen440
11-16-2008, 8:26 PM
Great response dfletcher.

agreed !! very well written response I was hoping when I clicked the link that there would be a wounded desk reference :D

trashman
11-16-2008, 8:29 PM
Still time to make a comment or two -

There's time, but there's no need -- you hit the nail on the head with your excellent response :43:

--Neill

Davidwhitewolf
11-16-2008, 8:29 PM
Thanks for the heads' up. I posted some comments.

gotgunz
11-16-2008, 8:37 PM
I heard he is being promoted within SFPD.....

IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peepshowal
11-16-2008, 8:52 PM
Oh no! We're all going to jail, again.:eek::D

jacques
11-16-2008, 9:14 PM
Oh no! We're all going to jail, again.:eek::D
You go to jail 58-times. I am surprised anyone still gives that guy the time of day. FUD, all FUD.

hoffmang
11-16-2008, 9:35 PM
I'm too lazy to see if my registration works. Feel free to post the Iggy's old boss saying "yeah, not so much" with this link: http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/oal/OAL-280-Suspension-Notice-2007-09-21-w-Attachments.pdf

-Gene

MrLogan
11-16-2008, 9:55 PM
Iggy is such a tool. :rolleyes:

dfletcher
11-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Aside from the misinformation regarding law, it was a bit galling to have Iggy present himself as a friend or supporter of the shooting community to those who probably don't know any better.

jacques
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Aside from the misinformation regarding law, it was a bit galling to have Iggy present himself as a friend or supporter of the shooting community to those who probably don't know any better.

That is irritating that he does that. It is like saying the Brady Bunch is only trying to help us.

jdberger
11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Got a request for this T-shirt (http://www.zazzle.com/5469_a_shirt-235475476270462814)today while I was at Chabot.

odysseus
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM

Iggy's picture is in Webster's dictionary, next to the word "Tool".

dfletcher
11-17-2008, 12:05 AM
Well we locked out the post on a positive note with some good info on CA laws and an accurate word or two on Mr Chinn. Thanks for the fast and point on responses.

KTGunner
11-17-2008, 12:18 AM

So does that mean that if I use Iggy to detach my mag, its legal? :43:

artherd
11-17-2008, 12:46 AM

He will have to live with his own hubris in the end.

Posted.

Giovani X
11-17-2008, 1:00 AM
What a D-Bag! Love the part about revisiting his youth as a rookie cop. Sounds more like after all the FUD he helped to create and the whole Evens AW's not AW's thing, I bet this is the only job he could get in L.E.

Heatseeker
11-17-2008, 7:43 AM
... I bet this is the only job he could get in L.E.

SF must be pretty hard up for cops. Hopefully all their desks are protected from gunfire!

FreedomIsNotFree
11-17-2008, 4:19 PM
If I didn't know any better, which I actually don't, I'd think Iggy must be into S&M considering the frequency and severity of the spankings he enjoys...

bwiese
11-17-2008, 4:47 PM

A detached one, at that after he was kicked to the curb.

Ford8N
11-17-2008, 7:42 PM
Depends on whether you want to listen to gun guys on the web or this guy:

Hi Dave, your reference to pre ban and post ban for the California Assault weapons law is in error. They are federal references that died in Sept. 2004. I was responsible for interpreting the assault weapons laws for the state in the Hunt case, which was just dismissed.

Bear in mind, I don't like the law anymore than you, but when you have homicide rates and assaults with firearms that number in the top ten for the nation, the politicians tend to do what is expedient and legislate against the weapon and not the person.

Even if they made it tougher on the criminal, it has been an up hill fight in California. When I started in law enforcement in 1970 we had 11 state prisons, 37 years later we now have 33 state prisons and several private ones, which I believe puts us right at around 40 state prisons facilities.

In an attempt to stem the flow of assault weapons, the legislature allowed us to keep the assault weapons we had and they stopped the sale and transfer of new ones.

What has caused most of the confusion is the industry has changed the names on the same firearms and it has caused California to adopt new laws attempting to stop the assault weapons flow into this state.

The three categories established by the laws are as follows:

1989 Roberti Roos: Name make and model.

1992 Series list for AR-15 and AK-47 clones.

1999 Characteristics.

Since 2005 some manufacturers of AR-15 lowers have been using the AW term of detachable magazine, which in the regulation states that: if you have to use a tool to detach a magazine then it's not detachable.

But, where they error is the state and a number of DA offices in CA are of the opinion, if the lower receiver can be restored to accept a detachable magazine with minimal effort and time then it still has the capacity to accept. So, this is where a lot of CA gun buyers are getting into trouble and their getting a lot of bad info from people who have misinterpreted the AW laws.

There are 58 DA offices in this state and sometimes they listened to the AGs opinion and sometimes they go out on their own. But to quote my old director, "How much excitement do you want in your life?" So, if you buy assault weapons parts and put them together thinking you are on the line and you're not, then you just made a lawyer rich.

Many people have asked me how can they get AR-15s if the law is so restrictive and I always tell them to do what my sons have done and join the Army. They'll give you a free one and all the ammo you can shoot.

This is a short lesson in the CA assault weapons laws. I no longer work for the state, I'm a rookie cop on field training in the Bayview Station in San Francisco. I guess you might say I am trying to re-visit my youth. I started at the Oakland Police Department Patrol Division for my first 11 years in law enforcement and I am going home to Patrol for my last years.

Ignatius Chinn
retired Oakland Police Department
retired California Department of Justice/Firearms
active San Francisco Police Department

Letter to the editor, American Cop magazine Sep/Oct 2008

Hint: The pro-gun guys on the web aren't going to be the ones in a position to arrest/prosecute you.

I meant, it is my opinion that...

He is still stating what we are doing is against the law. It's 2008...what is the motive to keep on spreading this information to the gun community?

M. Sage
11-17-2008, 7:51 PM
He is still stating what we are doing is against the law. It's 2008...what is the motive to keep on spreading this information to the gun community?

Mommy and/or daddy didn't treat him right?

Napoleon Syndrome?

Some other speculations that are way off the reservation for Calguns? :43:

All of the above? ;)

F-2_Challenger
11-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Iggy got owned.