PDA

View Full Version : how to pressure Sandra Hutchens and get CCWs back

five.five-six
11-16-2008, 12:13 PM
I do not know how to do this but she seems like your typical jelly sniped politician that will cave to any perceived political pressure. how can we go about turning up the heat on Sandra Hutchens

tango-52
11-16-2008, 1:16 PM
This is the first truly political (as in elected) position she has held, and she was appointed to it. The Board of Supervisors has little control over her, other than her budget. The most likely solution to the problem is to elect a pro-CCW candidate (not Hutchens) in 2010.

five.five-six
11-16-2008, 1:42 PM
doesn't her office have pr person, someone we could write letters to? i heard a report that she was surprised at the response, I am just thinking that more surprise could perhaps swing the pendulum the other way and we could all be safer

tango-52
11-16-2008, 2:03 PM
doesn't her office have pr person, someone we could write letters to? i heard a report that she was surprised at the response, I am just thinking that more surprise could perhaps swing the pendulum the other way and we could all be safer

She has an L.A. Sheriff (Baca) attitude about civilians owning guns. It is clear from public comments she has made that her goal is to eliminate CCW except for judges, reserves and ADAs, with maybe a few high rollers thrown in for show. Efforts were made to educate her on Orange County CCW issues. Such efforts were ignored and rebuffed. She will hear more about it on Tuesday at the Board of Supervisors (BOS) meeting. Spend your energy writing to the BOS (except Moorlach). Cutting her budget will get more attention than trying to work directly with her.

artherd
11-16-2008, 4:42 PM
sue her.

RomanDad
11-16-2008, 6:38 PM
I do not know how to do this but she seems like your typical jelly sniped politician that will cave to any perceived political pressure. how can we go about turning up the heat on Sandra Hutchens

Attend the BOS meeting on the 18th!

five.five-six
11-16-2008, 7:52 PM
sue her.

hmm, now that is an idea, now all we need is a lawyer and a fund

Attend the BOS meeting on the 18th!

linky?

Liberty1
11-16-2008, 9:13 PM
linky?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=128865

By DAN M.

ATTENTION SOUTHERN CALIFNORNIA CCW HOLDERS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This applies most directly to those in Orange County, but anybody within driving distance (Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, San Bernardino, Kern counties) is urged to read and consider acting.

If you have a current CCW, or if you have recently been denied or revoked by Sheriff Hutchens, you need to know that on November 18, 2008, Sheriff Hutchens will be addressing the Orange County Board of Supervisors regarding the recent implementation of her new CCW policy. The Board needs to see that CCW is a vitally important issue to the citizens of Orange County, and that other counties are watching what is happening in Orange County. The best way for that to happen is to have people in that meeting room to show their support.

Regular Board of Supervisors meetings are held on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. in the Board Chambers located in the Hall of Administration at 333 W. Santa Ana Blvd., 1st Floor, Santa Ana, CA 92701. We are asking that you arrive early (8:45) if possible. Sometimes the meetings start at 9:00. If we learn of an earlier start we will post it.

This is a tremendous opportunity to favorably affect precedent for CCW not only in Orange County, but in ALL California counties. The Board of Supervisors may very well take a stand at this meeting against Sheriff Hutchens' restrictive CCW policy. This is virtually unheard of and would be a major demonstration that our elected leaders understand our issue. Sheer numbers there will speak louder than the words which many speakers will offer.

We need as many of you there as we can get. This is important for each and every person who cares about hanging onto their CCW now or keeping it in the future. This is important for those who have only toyed with the idea of applying. This is important for those of you who think that CCW in California is a lost cause. It is NOT a lost cause!

There are CCW and RKBA cases moving through the courts that will have an impact someday. That's fantastic. Thanks to the folks working those cases! But if you've been standing by thinking you can't make a difference, this is your chance. This is something you can do NOW that can have IMMEDIATE impact if enough of us are there! If this sounds over the top, it is NOT! This could be history!

We need some organization to pull this off. If you can be there and you want more details, please PM me with the following information:

Your forum name:

Cell phone or best phone number to reach you:

E-mail:

Please let me know if you are willing to address the Board. We can walk you though what the process is and answer your questions.

PLEASE CONSIDER COMING. Thanks for your time.

RomanDad
11-16-2008, 9:58 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=128865

STICKY BLINDNESS.... It happens to all of us. :D

five.five-six
11-17-2008, 9:06 AM
STICKY BLINDNESS.... It happens to all of us. :D

well i have a dentist appointment Tuesday morning, I am going to see if i can change it

Mulay El Raisuli
11-18-2008, 8:05 AM
gravedigger called me just now to get directions to this (borrowed car, no GPS). He should be there in plenty of time to voice his support.
I hope others are going as well.

The Raisuli

five.five-six
11-18-2008, 5:57 PM
gravedigger called me just now to get directions to this (borrowed car, no GPS). He should be there in plenty of time to voice his support.
I hope others are going as well.

The Raisuli

I went, with 5.56Jr. (he is 3) he did real well for about an hour of listening to people pat themselves on the back about the fire, but then he was done, I did however wear my NRA hat there and even 5.56Jr. wore a CACCW green pin for a bit. I wish I could have stayed, how did it turn out?