PDA

View Full Version : Gun control is back on change.gov

JDoe
11-16-2008, 8:33 AM
The Obama regime has posted it's agenda in a different format at http://change.gov/agenda

The AWB is still on the table--let the buying frenzy increase! I guess the only question is what is the difference in meaning between "would", "favor" and "support?"

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Sam1
11-16-2008, 8:41 AM
lol politicians are liars! when I get free health care then that's the day I go out and buy 20 black rifles.

hawk1
11-16-2008, 9:41 AM
Say it isn't so. All those Calgunners that wrote letters and begged for "change"...:rolleyes:

sorensen440
11-16-2008, 9:57 AM
So what is the likely hood that they will be able to pass the old assault weapons bill and have it not be defeated in the courts ?

dwtt
11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
This is making any gunowner who voted for Obama look like a real idiot. They can't even claim they didn't know since Obama's record was well documented by the NRA before the election. It's going to be a tough next 4 years.

hawk1
11-16-2008, 10:37 AM
So what is the likely hood that they will be able to pass the old assault weapons bill and have it not be defeated in the courts ?

I would guess 50/50. What they did with McCains Campaign finance comes to mind...
Hopefully there are enough pro-gun dems to stop or defeat it. My guess is Pelosi will deny those pro-gun dems appointments, office space, money, etc to get them to vote "correctly".

CCWFacts
11-16-2008, 10:37 AM
The AWB is still on the table--let the buying frenzy increase! I guess the only question is what is the difference in meaning between "would", "favor" and "support?"

Obama will be the president, and as such, he can't legislate. He can only support, favor, lobby for, etc, legislation.

11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
This is making any gunowner who voted for Obama look like a real idiot.

What makes you believe they are gun owners? (at least the ones trolling Calguns)

MolonLabe2008
11-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Booshanky! Paging Booshanky! Please pick up the red courtesy phone.

Solidsnake87
11-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Arrrg. Hopefully America has the balls to not become like our royal mother country.

ProlificARProspect
11-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Just put in my 2cents, send him a e-mail on my pro-gun opinion. He should worry more on the Economy, taxes, Afghanistan than striking against the American people with his BS "Assault Weapons Ban".

shawnyteee
11-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Well... If you can't successfully renew the economy, shift taxes, or win Afghanistan then the easy thing to do would be to successfully attack domestically for the ignorant people's hearts.

My 2 cents is that something bad is going to happen in Obama's first six month where firearms are at play, and justified measures will be taken to regulate future happenings.

PS. We shouldn't call measures taken to restrict our 2nd amendment rights Gun Control. Anything that does against rights and the constitution should be plain and simple; control.

*Control is back on change.gov"

- REVOLUTION
Shawnyteee

rayra
11-16-2008, 3:15 PM
the question is, will the "blue dog conservative" Democrats in the legislature be able to hold their line or will they cave into party pressure? Obama can't do jack as far as making laws, so the legislature is where the real development will happen.

I'll think they'll cave and put party first. The Obamachine will put forward their bans at the earliest possible moment to both capitalize on their momentum and popularity. And with four years to go, those so-called Blue Dogs will cave, rather than face the venal censure of turds like Reid and Pelosi.

nicki
11-16-2008, 5:58 PM
What Pols say and what they do are two different things.

Issues that people care about and want our elected leaders to make a priority, economy, mortgage help, energy, health care, social security.

Gun Control is not a issue. In the areas it is an issue, the elected officials are against us anyway.

Put in that the SCOTUS ruled the 2nd amendment is a individual right, the issue is why is Congress even pushing legislation in the first place to infringe on fundamental Constitutional rights.

The Nordyke decision and its aftermath will effect Fed legislation.

If we get a favorable ruling, then aggressively pursue various second amendment cases, we just might stall or even stop new Fed gun control legislation.

Obama will play games with executive orders, but at least we now have a chance.

Nicki

Hoop
11-16-2008, 6:43 PM
the question is, will the "blue dog conservative" Democrats in the legislature be able to hold their line or will they cave into party pressure?

If Obama is popular they will probably fall in line for a repeat of the Clinton-era ban, if he's not popular they won't support it.

dfletcher
11-16-2008, 7:36 PM
lol politicians are liars! when I get free health care then that's the day I go out and buy 20 black rifles.

When you (or we) get free health care the government may very well restrict or eliminate that health care if you own a gun - too high a risk you'll get hurt and waste precious resources. Now put down that AR, grab an apple and start jogging - or else. :(

gmcal
11-16-2008, 7:49 PM
I don't know how enthsiastic Harry Reid would be about pushing gun control. I couldn't find any mention of gun control on his website, although I only looked for a minute. NV doesn't strike me as a state that would reward him with another term if he supported any strict gun control bills. Pelosi, Biden, and Obama didn't have worry about that. All of this is IMO.

jacques
11-16-2008, 9:20 PM
By putting that back up, they have caused the sale of another 200,000 AW's.