PDA

View Full Version : not hearing good things about Steve Poizner at all

bwiese
11-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Steve Poizner, current CA insurance commissioner, intends to run for Governor in 2010 as a Republican.

I'm not hearing anything good about him, gun-wise - probably another Gray Davis. Meg Whitman will probably be equally bad.

jacques
11-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Hopefully someone good stands up to the plate so the Dems and Feinstein don't take over

PonchoTA
11-14-2008, 11:05 PM
I 'heard' that Mitt Romney bought a place in La Jolla, and would be poised to make a run for gov here. Given our economic outlook, I say this would be a good thing. Not too fond of his 2A stance, but I don't think he would actively go against his AG, especially if Jerry Brown gets it.

Now, Gavin scares the hell out of me as bad as Feinstein does. I'll quit my job and leave the state if either of them make it into that office. :mad:

bwiese
11-14-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm votin' for Jerry.

BigDogatPlay
11-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Where are you sourcing on Poizner? If public source of course, don't expect you to give a source up. Just doing a little general research I can't find him taking a real hard stand anyplace relative to 2A.

I'd certainly be appreciative for any 411.

oddball
11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm votin' for Jerry.

I agree. Even though he's a lifer, late in his career, he seemed to have discovered law and order. Brown is not a nutcase compared to Newsom and Feinstein. Meg Whitman's stance on firearms seemed to have been defined when she banned the sale of firearm accessories on eBay.

Meplat
11-14-2008, 11:57 PM
.What is he running for, AG again?

I'm votin' for Jerry.

sigsauer887
11-15-2008, 5:02 AM
.What is he running for, AG again?

Rumor has it he wants to run for guvner'. Would be a good thing since is stance on 2a is very...lax.

hill billy
11-15-2008, 7:26 AM
Don't count out MAyor Villar. HE is going to try for it and he is as far left as Obama.

lobonegro
11-15-2008, 10:10 AM
It's mayor Villa, his ex-wife took the Riagosa too.

hill billy
11-15-2008, 10:11 AM
It's mayor Villa, his ex-wife took the Riagosa too.

I hate him either way. :D

hoffmang
11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
My personal prediction is that this is Mayor V. versus AG Brown. That's going to be an easy call for me too.

As yet there doesn't seem to be a credible Republican option, but it is early.

-Gene

sigsauer887
11-15-2008, 10:44 AM
My personal prediction is that this is Mayor V. versus AG Brown. That's going to be an easy call for me too.

As yet there doesn't seem to be a credible Republican option, but it is early.

-Gene

Awww...come on Gene! We know your the closet freak for Mr. V :p

hoffmang
11-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Awww...come on Gene! We know your the closet freak for Mr. V :p

Shudder...

-Gene

hill billy
11-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Shudder...

-Gene

How do you feel about Frankenfeinstein making a bid if she doesn't get a throne in the new kingdom? How does she stack up against Villa? I think V will be held up as a savior to the millions of immigrants in CA and whoever runs against him doesn't have much chance. Does ACORN have an LA office? :D

retired
11-15-2008, 11:02 AM
I wonder if McClintock will try again. I don't agree with all of his views, but I voted for him over Arnie.

Window_Seat
11-15-2008, 2:01 PM
I sent an email to Tom McClintock. I haven't heard a thing from him, but I'm hopeful (somewhat).

Erik.

Meplat
11-15-2008, 2:30 PM
He may be the best we can actually get in this state. I'd rather vote for a solid pro 2A conservative, but that's just a dream. I'd cross over to help Jerry win the dem primary.:D

Rumor has it he wants to run for guvner'. Would be a good thing since is stance on 2a is very...lax.

MP301
11-16-2008, 1:34 AM
The only thing Gray Davis ever did that impressed me was at one point he said he was no longer going to deal with new gun laws and that there was nough already on the books! Of course his ship was already sinking by then, and im sure he was trying to make nice with the hangman in the gallows, but I damn near fell out of my chair to hear him say that... too funny

NRAhighpowershooter
11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
We really need to worry about Harris running for AG!!!!!!:mad:

sharpie613
11-16-2008, 7:14 PM
Harris will tank if she runs. Cops are not too fond of her after her refusal to seek the death penalty for that cop killer in San Francisco last year.

trashman
11-16-2008, 8:51 PM
Steve Poizner, current CA insurance commissioner, intends to run for Governor in 2010 as a Republican.

I'm not hearing anything good about him, gun-wise - probably another Gray Davis. Meg Whitman will probably be equally bad.

Interesting. Some family members (who are conservative republicans, but aren't fervent gunnies) in the Valley heard him speak recently and were impressed.

He does, though, apparently have the Adlai Stevenson thing going on...

--Neill

Mr. Joshua
11-16-2008, 9:16 PM
Harris will tank if she runs. Cops are not too fond of her after her refusal to seek the death penalty for that cop killer in San Francisco last year.

Harris will most definitely tank if she runs. Her career suicide move of not seeking the death penalty for that SFPD officer will kill any attempt at a campaign for AG. That's a cardinal sin within the LE field, she will have no supporters.

bg
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I was reading somewhere that Tom Campbell is looking
into getting funds set up for a run in 2010. He won't
be doing us ANY favors at all. When he was rep Ca,
he was one of the most liberal GOP'ers and backed
a strict gun control agenda.

yellowfin
11-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Harris will most definitely tank if she runs. Her career suicide move of not seeking the death penalty for that SFPD officer will kill any attempt at a campaign for AG. That's a cardinal sin within the LE field, she will have no supporters.Then we should hope she runs, right? Question is, do we have anyone good for AG on our side? I haven't heard of anyone running for a certain few sheriff spots either, but that may be due to them getting trashed in previous attempts so they want to keep quiet to avoid the spin machine.

bg
11-17-2008, 12:11 PM
I wonder if McClintock will try again. I don't agree with all of his views, but I voted for him over Arnie.
He's been a lil busy. See, he's running for Congress..>
http://www.tommcclintock.com/