PDA

View Full Version : Legality of transporting a handgun/shotgun/rifle on a Motorcycle?

Artery
11-14-2008, 4:04 PM
I know in a car its supposed to be in a locked trunk, and in a truck it can be in the passenger cabin (as long as it is unloaded) but what, if any, laws exist for transporting a rifle/shotgun on a motorcycle?

CSACANNONEER
11-14-2008, 4:05 PM
Use the search funtion!

tombinghamthegreat
11-14-2008, 4:23 PM
I know in a car its supposed to be in a locked trunk, and in a truck it can be in the passenger cabin (as long as it is unloaded) but what, if any, laws exist for transporting a rifle/shotgun on a motorcycle?

use the search button, but as long as you are not near 1000 feet of any k-12 schools(or any other restricted area) you can open carry unloaded firearms with the ammo right next to you(in the car, bike, on foot) or you can conceal long guns as long as you are not near those annoying k-12 schools. If you do not want to open carry and want to conceal a handgun on a bike with the ammo then use a lockable container.

dreyna14
11-14-2008, 4:52 PM
I'll be riding out to Ammo Bros on my bike to pick up my P22 in a week. I'm just going to bring a lock and have it in my backpack. No prob.

Artery
11-14-2008, 5:32 PM
I did use the search button, admittedly the answer was on the third page, and I had only looked at the first two. My mistake.

CSACANNONEER
11-14-2008, 6:55 PM
I did use the search button, admittedly the answer was on the third page, and I had only looked at the first two. My mistake.

No problem. I was at work and the boss was just walking through the door so I couldn't post more. Anyway, I have riden down 101 with a rifle slung on my back and not had any problems. Yes, this is legal but, I would not advise it today.