PDA

View Full Version : AK 47/22 question

RANGER295
11-14-2008, 1:05 PM
I tried search but cam up empty on this. I am wondering if you guys would consider this rifle an AK-47 by name and there for an AW. It is an Armscor AK-22. But what I am wondering about is what is stamped on it. On the right side right under the ejection port, it says “MODEL AK 47/22 - CAL.22 LR” under that it says “MFTD. BY ARMS CORPORATION” under that is says, “PHILIPPINES”. On the left side it says “IMPTD. BY K.B.I., INC” under that it says, “HARRISBURG, PA.”.

So specifically the question is, given that “AK 47” is in the name even though it is actually “AK 47/22” is this something I should stay away from?

saber
11-14-2008, 1:20 PM
Those rifles are not AW for a variety of reasons. Mainly they are .22 and the AW regulations don't apply to .22's. There is even one for sale at the Turners Used Gun Rack and I've seen them for sale elsewhere.

I've never owned one so I can't chime in on their quality but I have heard that the WASR-22 are better rifles.

RANGER295
11-14-2008, 2:21 PM
Those rifles are not AW for a variety of reasons. Mainly they are .22 and the AW regulations don't apply to .22's. There is even one for sale at the Turners Used Gun Rack and I've seen them for sale elsewhere.

I've never owned one so I can't chime in on their quality but I have heard that the WASR-22 are better rifles.
Their being a .22lr exempts them from being banned by feature. I actually have another AK-22 variant and several rimfire rifles that have features that would be banned if on a center fire. My concern is that it has “AK 47” as part of the name. AK-47’s are banned by name.

wilit
11-14-2008, 5:57 PM
You should stay away from it because those Armscors are a POS. They do not share a single AK compatible part, and suffer from poor build quality. Buy a WASR-22. You'll be much happier.

CSACANNONEER
11-14-2008, 6:18 PM
They are cheap rifles with different hardware on them. They where made to resemble AKs and ARs. You'ld be better of with a 10-22 and a KINKER PLINKER! Yes, I'm serious! A KRINKER PLINKER would be more reliable and look more like an AK.

BroncoBob
11-14-2008, 8:54 PM
WASR-22 much better rifle. Toss the krappy furniture they come with and purchase some new furniture from K-VAR.