PDA

View Full Version : If you think we (in Ca) have it bad............

CSACANNONEER
11-13-2008, 8:04 PM
Fifty Caliber Institute Email Alert
November 12, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NJ ASSEMBLY TO VOTE ON .50 CALIBER GUN BAN - MONDAY!

Please forward this alert to a fifty-caliber friend!

The New Jersey Legislature has decided to immediately move the bill that would effectively ban the .50 BMG in that state. The fifty caliber community has to join other law abiding gun owners in that state to prevent the passage of this bill. Please support the effort to stop this bill.

Please Contact Your Assembly Members Today!

On Monday, November 17, the New Jersey Assembly is scheduled to vote on A2116 -- legislation banning most firearms over .50 caliber. Though previously amended in an attempt to address gun owner concerns, the legislation still bans many popular hunting guns, historical firearms, and large bore target firearms, based on alleged public safety concerns. Ironically, the legislation bans many of the guns that won the very freedoms the bill seeks to destroy, including some Revolutionary War and Civil War guns and their replicas. A2116 makes the fundamental mistake of banning guns based on the size of the hole in the barrel rather than punishing criminal behavior. It treats law abiding citizens who choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights like potential criminals. Please immediately email, call, and/or fax your Assembly Members and urge them to oppose A2116! Their contact information is available here.

EDM Arms Windrunner Model 05 Semi-automatic Rifle

WIN an EDM Arms Windrunner
Model 05 Semi-automatic Rifle!
As you all know, FCI has to depend on our supporters to provide the funds for us to continue in our role. I'm asking everyone to take the time to go to our website and look at the current fundraiser we are hosting. Bill Ritchie, owner of EDM Arms in CA has graciously donated a $10,000 rifle to FCI to be given away to some lucky winner. We have made this drawing very attractive and we need your help and support. Please CLICK HERE and look at our fundraiser. I think you'll be pleased.

To view our full-page, printable fundraiser flyer, complete with clippable coupon for entry, CLICK HERE. Please print out a few and give to some fifty cal friends.

Best regards and safe shooting.

John Burtt
Chairman, FCI

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from our newsletter CLICK HERE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fifty Caliber Institute - P.O. Box 1128 - Choctaw, OK 73020-1128 - Tel: (405) 769-7851 - Fax: (405) 769-3736 - Info@fiftycal.org

grammaton76
11-13-2008, 8:08 PM
They're like the Borg - they've adapted to 50 DTC, and are now just going after 50...

Of course, this'll just push more shooters to the arguably more lethal 416 Barrett.

CSACANNONEER
11-13-2008, 8:10 PM
They are going after EVERY gun over ..499! That includes original muzzleloaders and shotguns!

CmpsdNoMore
11-13-2008, 8:45 PM
.50 caliber assault sniper rifles are only good for shooting planes with the armor piercing rounds that are readily available, didn't anyone get the memo?

Seriously though, pathetic.
I've been looking at old black powder rifles recently and I never thought about how shotguns could be banned because of a .50 ban.

AK4me
11-13-2008, 8:57 PM
They are going after EVERY gun over ..499! That includes original muzzleloaders and shotguns!

Shotguns?? does that mean no 12ga

grammaton76
11-13-2008, 9:09 PM
Not only no 12ga, but probably also means no 20ga. I know 410 is around .45", and 20ga is larger than 410 if I recall correctly.

Of course, that language was probably inserted to bargain away - get some idiots to throw the 50cal guys under the bus so that the shotgun duck hunters are happy.

jjperl
11-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Has anyone ever been killed in a crime with a 50 BMG sniper rifle? I'm guessing, no.

Legislators seem to be banning things for the sake of banning things now. It's like they have nothing better to do anymore.

ElvenSoul
11-14-2008, 12:09 AM
after they have banned guns whats next??????

SPORKS!!!

They are dangeous

Moonclip
11-14-2008, 1:32 AM
Not in the USA that I can think of of someone being murdered with a .50bmg rifle. And I know a calgunner that has a friend that got stabbed with a spork in jail!

Some .50 Barretts did make it to the IRA though.

The Director
11-15-2008, 3:38 PM
The captured the Los Zetas leader "el hummer" Duran in Mexico just a few days ago. Besides having hundreds of rifles and millions of rounds of ammo he had something like 7 Barrett .50 cals. Not here in the US mind you, but how the hell does a creep like that get 7 barretts!!!!!

.510 DTC for me!

scr83jp
11-15-2008, 4:00 PM
Fifty Caliber Institute Email Alert
November 12, 2008

NJ ASSEMBLY TO VOTE ON .50 CALIBER GUN BAN - MONDAY!

Please forward this alert to a fifty-caliber friend!

The New Jersey Legislature has decided to immediately move the bill that would effectively ban the .50 BMG in that state. The fifty caliber community has to join other law abiding gun owners in that state to prevent the passage of this bill. Please support the effort to stop this bill.

Please Contact Your Assembly Members Today!

On Monday, November 17, the New Jersey Assembly is scheduled to vote on A2116 -- legislation banning most firearms over .50 caliber. Though previously amended in an attempt to address gun owner concerns, the legislation still bans many popular hunting guns, historical firearms, and large bore target firearms, based on alleged public safety concerns. Ironically, the legislation bans many of the guns that won the very freedoms the bill seeks to destroy, including some Revolutionary War and Civil War guns and their replicas. A2116 makes the fundamental mistake of banning guns based on the size of the hole in the barrel rather than punishing criminal behavior. It treats law abiding citizens who choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights like potential criminals. Please immediately email, call, and/or fax your Assembly Members and urge them to oppose A2116! Their contact information is available here.

EDM Arms Windrunner Model 05 Semi-automatic Rifle

WIN an EDM Arms Windrunner
Model 05 Semi-automatic Rifle!
As you all know, FCI has to depend on our supporters to provide the funds for us to continue in our role. I'm asking everyone to take the time to go to our website and look at the current fundraiser we are hosting. Bill Ritchie, owner of EDM Arms in CA has graciously donated a $10,000 rifle to FCI to be given away to some lucky winner. We have made this drawing very attractive and we need your help and support. Please CLICK HERE and look at our fundraiser. I think you'll be pleased.

To view our full-page, printable fundraiser flyer, complete with clippable coupon for entry, CLICK HERE. Please print out a few and give to some fifty cal friends.

Best regards and safe shooting.

John Burtt
Chairman, FCI

To subscribe to or unsubscribe from our newsletter CLICK HERE
Fifty Caliber Institute - P.O. Box 1128 - Choctaw, OK 73020-1128 - Tel: (405) 769-7851 - Fax: (405) 769-3736 - Info@fiftycal.orgWhen I was employed as a probation officer in NY State a politician from NJ came to the office with a request that his criminally active alcoholic nephew be treated with kid gloves & released with a warning on a charge of assault & grand theft auto ,he was informed any such action was up to the judge, the recomendation was for state prison .Darned if politicos didn't get together and release the creep.