PDA

View Full Version : Political Oppression, response package.

nicki
11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I made a post about a Prop 8 activists who recieved over 20 death threats via e mail which just gave me a light bulb moment.

Regardless of the issue, the cause, the candidate, the first amendment was designed to allow us to have "peaceful political" processes.

Now, if we are engaged in "peaceful processes" and we are attacked, threatened, intimidated, etc, don't we have a right to protect ourselves.

Of course there are degrees of harassment, things from getting the finger, to actual acts of violence.

Here is where I am going with this. We can't have peaceful political processes unless we can protect ourselves from violence.

If we can show that second amendment rights allow first amendment rights, we can reach across the political spectrum. We see it, but most people don't.

What options are there really for people who get involved politically.

1. File Joe Doe restraining orders?
2. Alter personal life to reduce risk.
3. Try to get CCW from a non issuing sheriff?
4. Light a fire under LE agencies to move on things?

Martin Luther King applied for a ccw in 1962 in Alabama and was denied for lack of good cause even though his home had just been firebombed.

Malcolm X wanted to get a CCW, but didn't apply since he had a criminal record and felt it wouldn't be issued. Of course he had a semi auto rifle with 30 round clips (M1 Carbine).

While MLK changed the course of America, few want to be Martyrs.

Nicki

dilligaffrn
11-13-2008, 1:42 PM
I made a post about a Prop 8 activists who recieved over 20 death threats via e mail which just gave me a light bulb moment.

Regardless of the issue, the cause, the candidate, the first amendment was designed to allow us to have "peaceful political" processes.

Now, if we are engaged in "peaceful processes" and we are attacked, threatened, intimidated, etc, don't we have a right to protect ourselves.

Of course there are degrees of harassment, things from getting the finger, to actual acts of violence.

Here is where I am going with this. We can't have peaceful political processes unless we can protect ourselves from violence.

If we can show that second amendment rights allow first amendment rights, we can reach across the political spectrum. We see it, but most people don't.

What options are there really for people who get involved politically.

1. File Joe Doe restraining orders?
2. Alter personal life to reduce risk.
3. Try to get CCW from a non issuing sheriff?
4. Light a fire under LE agencies to move on things?

Martin Luther King applied for a ccw in 1962 in Alabama and was denied for lack of good cause even though his home had just been firebombed.

Malcolm X wanted to get a CCW, but didn't apply since he had a criminal record and felt it wouldn't be issued. Of course he had a semi auto rifle with 30 round MAGAZINE (M1 Carbine).

While MLK changed the course of America, few want to be Martyrs.

Nicki

Fixed!

AaronHorrocks
11-13-2008, 2:05 PM
Please research the difference between MAG and CLIP.