PDA

View Full Version : Printing Legal Papers OLL

Vic
11-12-2008, 7:47 PM
Ok guys, I'm just putting together a folder containing various legal documents relating to CA OLL's. For my reference and for others I know.

Is there any others I should print out and keep? I would prefer something more official also, and not just FAQ's put together by members.

Thank you!

So far I have:

-Letters from ATF regarding auto bolt carriers
-Bill's Memorandum
-AW flowchart

TonyKat
11-12-2008, 7:52 PM
once completed please do post for all to share

Wildhawk66
11-12-2008, 9:47 PM
Theres a letter from the Attorney General to the Governor in which he states off list lowers are legal. It's been mentioned off and on, so it should be available via the search feature. I believe the point of the memo was asking for the Governors support on the legislation that ended the DOJ's ability to update the AW list.

hoffmang
11-12-2008, 9:54 PM
Here are most of what you need:
http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/Lockyer%20Letter%20-%20AB%202728.pdf
http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/oal/OAL-280-Suspension-Notice-2007-09-21-w-Attachments.pdf

-Gene

Vic
11-12-2008, 10:36 PM
once completed please do post for all to share

No problem, I plan to make a thread which will be a "one stop shop" for all basic legal matters regarding OLL's and I hope it becomes a sticky.

Ford8N
11-13-2008, 4:36 AM
Also include the letters from the BLM and USFS allowing AW's on Federal public land.

djslik
11-13-2008, 8:23 AM
there is also the letter that discusses hi capacity modifications and it explicityly states that hi cap magazines can be rebuilt completely with newer parts including the bodies. That might affect some people with legal pre ban magazines on their OLL and no evil features builds.

xLusi0n
11-13-2008, 8:42 AM
Also include the letters from the BLM and USFS allowing AW's on Federal public land.

That would be only legally registered AW in CA right?

hoffmang
11-13-2008, 3:11 PM
That would be only legally registered AW in CA right?

Kind of. Regged AWs are allowed on those lands. Non AW semiautomatic rifles - eg OLL - are just rifles and thus allowed.

-Gene

Flyliner
11-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Ok guys, I'm just putting together a folder containing various legal documents relating to CA OLL's. For my reference and for others I know.

Is there any others I should print out and keep? I would prefer something more official also, and not just FAQ's put together by members.

Thank you!

So far I have:

-Letters from ATF regarding auto bolt carriers
-Bill's Memorandum
-AW flowchart

I'm sort of doing the same thing. I had a discussion at the range last week, long story short, I was unable to quote the law cause I did not have it with me. So I am making a small format book that will have all the relevant laws word for word, as well as a quick reference section with the most important parts of the laws sectioned out for quick reference. So far I have:

Quick reference section
CalGuns AW Flow Chart
Wiese Memorandum
Roberti-Roos
SB-23
Lockyer Letter
OAL Suspension Notice
DOJ CA Firearms Laws 2006
CA Attorney General Assault Weapons Guide

Vic
11-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Would you be so kind as to send those my way?

I'm sort of doing the same thing. I had a discussion at the range last week, long story short, I was unable to quote the law cause I did not have it with me. So I am making a small format book that will have all the relevant laws word for word, as well as a quick reference section with the most important parts of the laws sectioned out for quick reference. So far I have:

Quick reference section
CalGuns AW Flow Chart
Wiese Memorandum
Roberti-Roos
SB-23
Lockyer Letter
OAL Suspension Notice
DOJ CA Firearms Laws 2006
CA Attorney General Assault Weapons Guide

Flyliner
11-14-2008, 4:07 PM
Would you be so kind as to send those my way?

Yeah I'll make it available when I'm finished...