PDA

View Full Version : New gun bans?

Sentient
11-12-2008, 3:18 PM
First of all, I would like to say that I respect difference of opinion and wont hold anything against anyone if we disagree on politics. Also I am new here and want to get along with everybody.

I do not associate with either Republicans or Democrats. I am more of a Libertarian anti-federalist (I support federation, but think the federal government should be weaker). On the other hand I am also an environmentalist and believe in helping the less fortunate and legitimately disabled, though I believe that can be handled on the local and state level. We dont all have to live the same, and I believe in local direct democracy. I would support somebody like Mike Gravel, and Ron Paul was my favorite Republican.

Anyway, do you think we in California are at risk of losing any more gun rights on the federal level....I mean, the laws are already so restrictive that I wonder if there are any federal laws that could affect even us.

Shane916
11-12-2008, 3:22 PM
As bad as we have it, we are always at jeopardy with federal law.

I could go on for days but here is the latest example:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-6257

There are always different restrictions/bans in the works.

An ammo ban/restriction would hit us the hardest and I wouldn't be surprised to see one in the future.

Merk762
11-12-2008, 3:24 PM
there is always a risk of losing more then what has already been taken

BroncoBob
11-12-2008, 7:40 PM
I would think with the gun laws of CA and "if" a federal ban comes it will only level out the playing field. Then the ***holes who wouldn't sell to CA will be in the same boat as us. All I could say to them is Welcome boys.

hoffmang
11-12-2008, 10:55 PM
The largest risk we actually face is that more of the other states will become more like California. Here in California, you should expect gun control laws to start to wane.

-Gene

dlouie87
11-12-2008, 11:36 PM
oh man...our rifles that hold a 5+ rds is going to be banned !!

:S