PDA

View Full Version : Ammunition Accountability Act?

Johnny Diablo
11-12-2008, 1:16 PM
Is this on the radar?

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm#CA

WileyWilly
11-12-2008, 1:48 PM
The CA. bill appears to have been changed:

"An act to amend Sections 1797.82, 1799, and 1799.2 of
the Health and Safety Code, relating to emergency
medical services."

I believe this happens frequently.
WW

bwiese
11-12-2008, 2:02 PM
We will have to be wary of this.

However, given Heller and upcoming Nordyke incorporation this will take extra effort for the antis. Ammo is a key element of an operational firearm; restricting ammo is restricting guns/RKBA.

Also, we have several things going for us for the next coupla years:

CA is broke;
no money for an ammo tracking system design, staffing/enforcement;
just about every new bad CA gun law will be challengeable: budgetary analysis will have to
include a statement akin to "...expected court challenges with unknown maximum cost...";
CA gunnies did well: state elections resulted in getting some pro-gunners esp. on Demo side.

Continuing vigilance is required but we are starting to have things go our way at least within CA.

Johnny Diablo
11-12-2008, 11:57 PM
The CA. bill appears to have been changed:

"An act to amend Sections 1797.82, 1799, and 1799.2 of
the Health and Safety Code, relating to emergency
medical services."

I believe this happens frequently.
WW

Yeh I found this on my break at work so I couldnt read through it completely. The movement and the website has a scary idea. The bill introduced by Ridley-Thomas drops all mentions of firearms in feb 2007. He does however list bill 997 on his website as a gun buyback program. It appears to start out as an effort to define all things firearm in an effort to regulate.

I guess we need to keep an eye on Ridley-Thomas.. nah all of them!

nick
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
Yeh I found this on my break at work so I couldnt read through it completely. The movement and the website has a scary idea. The bill introduced by Ridley-Thomas drops all mentions of firearms in feb 2007. He does however list bill 997 on his website as a gun buyback program. It appears to start out as an effort to define all things firearm in an effort to regulate.

I guess we need to keep an eye on Ridley-Thomas.. nah all of them!

If they're willing to pay $250 per gun, I'll buy a crate of Mosins :)

Mssr. Elegant
11-13-2008, 12:17 AM
The "Ammunition Accountability Act" on that web site is just sample legislation that the Ammunition Accountability group wrote. They are pushing it in every State.

The group is run by the guy who invented the only system for laser encoding ammo. It just happens to be the same system that the group is trying to get all of the States to adopt (purchase).