PDA

View Full Version : Kamala Harris is going to announce her intention to run for AG

Whiskey_Sauer
11-12-2008, 8:22 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/11/MNF1142KCH.DTL&type=politics

I think this should cause us all some concern.

Say what you will about Jerry B, he has quietly acquiesced on the OLL issue. Though I don't think Harris has good traction statewide, if she won, it could be a game changer.

Soldier415
11-12-2008, 8:26 AM
The fun just keeps on coming.

Grakken
11-12-2008, 8:41 AM
Ive never heard of her but since she is the DA to SF, i will automatically assume she is an idiot.

PonchoTA
11-12-2008, 9:21 AM
Ive never heard of her but since she is the DA to SF, i will automatically assume she is an idiot.
Good call! :rofl:

kermit315
11-12-2008, 9:28 AM
:dupe: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=131272

oddball
11-12-2008, 9:43 AM
She is the worst DA San Francisco ever had. Her felony conviction record is a colossal joke. Her left-wing ideology prevents her getting tough on crime. Her anti death penalty stance for cop killers alienated her from the working officers. Her sympathy for illegal immigrants created a fiasco of the Sanctuary Policy in SF, with her office helping to protect illegal felons from prosecution and jail. She has ordered her chief of police to stop pursuing "social crimes" mainly with the homeless. And while SF had tremendous crime problems in the last year, she was absent because of her campaign junkets for Obama. She went to Washington to fight the Heller decision. She has been behind every anti gun legislation in SF of the last 4 years.

She would be California's worst nightmare of an AG.

yellowfin
11-12-2008, 10:47 AM
^ So can we publicly drag that out so she can be hammered with it, or is that just going to stay on this board and never see the light of day? We've been far too Mr. Nice Guy on these leftists.

p7m8jg
11-12-2008, 12:08 PM

+1
Good call...she doesn't support the death penalty. Won't try to apply it even if suspect shoots and kills a COP!!!

Imagine her as AG.......:(

Sutcliffe
11-12-2008, 1:12 PM
SF has only a 48% chance of arresting and convicting a murder suspect.
How she can spin that into 'tough on crime' is beyond me.
Although, the california voters tend to vote with thier heads clearly up some behind, if not their own.

dwtt
11-12-2008, 8:57 PM
Kamala Harris was a strong supporter of Prop H, the gun ban in San Francisco. This was the same ban defeated in court by Chuck Michel and the NRA, which the city is paying for. She would be a very bad AG, even for California. However, she has a strong political machine behind her, the same one that helped put Feinstein in the Senate. We can just hope that a good viable competitor comes out of the background to challenge her.