PDA

View Full Version : Oh good lord, this isn't gonna be good for anyone...

Bad Voodoo
11-11-2008, 5:50 PM
...let alone for those of us who enjoy what little freedoms we have left in this state. :rolleyes:

The S.F. district attorney is set to announce her run for the state's top legal post.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/11/11/MNF1142KCH.DTL&type=politics&tsp=1

And the hits just keep on comin!

Saigon1965
11-11-2008, 5:52 PM
There were rumors of her going to be on Obama's crew -

Bad Voodoo
11-11-2008, 5:55 PM
There were rumors of her going to be on Obama's crew -

Certainly a better option for us than what this article suggests she's thinking of doing.

berto
11-11-2008, 5:59 PM
Just saw this. Could be very bad. Then again, she's been totally inept as SF's DA so we have that going for us.

SJgunguy24
11-11-2008, 6:01 PM
Kamala Harris?! W.T.F. That same scum who won't reccommend the death penalty for a cop killer!!!!

At a Giants game I asked some cops about that. How they could pin the badge and risk their lives for a city who doesn't have their backs.

Bad Voodoo
11-11-2008, 6:02 PM
Just saw this. Could be very bad. Then again, she's been totally inept as SF's DA so we have that going for us.

Yeah, you gotta figure that the rest of the state will have an opportunity to show Harris and Newsome just what they think of SF politicians.

hoffmang
11-11-2008, 6:47 PM
Hoffman v Harris
Calguns Foundation v. Harris

I kinda like the sound of that. I also kind of like having the defense be a bit less brain endowed. At least hearings will be more aesthetically pleasing...

-Gene

Saigon1965
11-11-2008, 6:51 PM
On that note - Is it me or everytime she's in front of the camera, she's posing and preening -

Solidmch
11-11-2008, 6:59 PM
She will never get an endorsment from the SFPOA seeing how she handled the murder of Officer Esponoza... and how crime skyrocketed in the city since she has been in office from her do nothing policies

nick
11-11-2008, 7:08 PM
Harris - whose biracial background makes her both the state's first African American district attorney and the nation's first Indian-American district attorney

Maybe I should run too. I can be the first both Russian-American, French-American, Jewish-American, Norwegian-American, Polish-American, Mongol-American, and whatever-else-American DA. Do those people ever read the articles they write? I guess not, or their BS tolerance is much greater than mine. Yeah, that might be the case, since they spout it for a living.

SJgunguy24
11-11-2008, 7:14 PM
Maybe I should run too. I can be the first both Russian-American, French-American, Jewish-American, Norwegian-American, Polish-American, Mongol-American, and whatever-else-American DA. Do those people ever read the articles they write? I guess not, or their BS tolerance is much greater than mine. Yeah, that might be the case, since they spout it for a living.

Maybe you can run as the first AMERICAN-AMERICAN, or is that illegal now?

nick
11-11-2008, 7:19 PM
Maybe you can run as the first AMERICAN-AMERICAN, or is that illegal now?

It may still be legal, but I doubt it brings votes in this state. Now, if only my father left me when I was born rather than being, well, a good father, I might have had a good shot at it. I already got the -American mix down.

Besides, that'd be Native American-American-American :)

trashman
11-11-2008, 7:46 PM
This actually might be pretty interesting; if Feinstein stays in the Senate (good for us cal-gunnies, and good for California in general - she's very pro-Ag) that means Brown has a shot for governor....and if Kamela ran for AG, my guess is the Republicans could stand up a reasonably warm body with moderate views and she would get trounced.

--Neill

Gator Monroe
11-11-2008, 7:53 PM
San Franpsycho/Mt.Shasta values will play well in the West wing ...:sleeping:

CCWFacts
11-11-2008, 8:26 PM
This is not entirely bad news. If she wins the primary, which she might, she will be in bad shape to win the general, because of her strong opposition to the death penalty, and also the whole "sanctuary city" thing.

trashman
11-11-2008, 8:54 PM
This is not entirely bad news. If she wins the primary, which she might, she will be in bad shape to win the general, because of her strong opposition to the death penalty, and also the whole "sanctuary city" thing.

And also because, like our mayor, she seems to be long on ambition but short on everything else...

--Neill

M. Sage
11-11-2008, 9:17 PM
And also because, like our mayor, she seems to be long on ambition but short on everything else...

--Neill

You just described the Mayor, DA, City Attorney, Board of Supervisors, Chief of Police... Well... pretty much anybody in a "leadership" position in SF.

motorhead
11-12-2008, 9:14 AM
she is guarunteed to alienate most of so. cal.. might not be a bad thing. as long as the republicans don't dig up a "law and order", "ex cop" type to run against her. in ca. police endorsement requires that you be anti-gun.

artherd
11-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Obama in teh white house? Not a big deal.

KH in the AG seat; WORRY!

Cannon v Harris bring it.

yellowfin
11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
If she runs and loses it will be great to see the left waste their resources.

yellowfin
11-12-2008, 10:41 AM
. in ca. police endorsement requires that you be anti-gun.That can be and needs to be changed.