PDA

View Full Version : Any new laws regarding OLLs and CA DOJ?

optimus-primer
11-11-2008, 9:00 AM
A bud of mine was thinking about ordering OLL's from one of the out-of-state stores and they told him that they have to send info to CA DOJ now. Anyone know of this?

Thanks, Rob

DedEye
11-11-2008, 9:07 AM
CFLC (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcoverview.php) is the law he probably heard about. It's not OLL specific and it takes less than a minute to complete.

brando
11-11-2008, 3:23 PM
Out of curiosity and on a related subject, theoretically if a new AWB comes down, would that open a new registration period? From what I remember, new legislation has to be passed to scoop up OLLs into AW status, so wouldn't a new federal ban open that up? I got in before the bans, but was thinking it could be a potential silver lining for the folks who didn't.

artherd
11-11-2008, 3:29 PM
That's not OLL related.

MudCamper
11-11-2008, 5:20 PM
Out of curiosity and on a related subject, theoretically if a new AWB comes down, would that open a new registration period? From what I remember, new legislation has to be passed to scoop up OLLs into AW status, so wouldn't a new federal ban open that up? I got in before the bans, but was thinking it could be a potential silver lining for the folks who didn't.

Sounds like you're confusing federal and state laws. A new federal law would have no effect on CA state law. And the last federal ban didn't ban possession. There likely won't be a new federal ban. There even more likely won't ever be another state ban.