PDA

View Full Version : Values

nicki
11-11-2008, 4:19 AM
We have alot of facts and figures to back up our position however I figured I would write a emotional statement to support gun rights.

I figure it might help some of you with ideas on how to articulate values to support gun rights.

Of course this isn't all inclusive, it is a start, but even if it is useful to only one of you, it is worth it.

I believe that we are all born with inalienable rights, among them life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Governments are created to protect and defend our rights, not violate them.

Our government exists by the consent of the governed and it is not only our right, but our duty to replace corrupt governments by whatever means necessary, including force.

Democracy is a great form of government, but if the people give up their means to remove government leaders by force, they risk electing tyrants that they can't get rid off.

The issue isn't just gun rights, it is all rights and it is not only just rights, it is your dreams, and not only your dreams, but your children's dreams and their children's dreams.

For the sake of the children, we must preserve our freedoms so that our children will have the blessings of liberty.

God gave man free will, free will without freedom is impossible.

These are the emotional core values of why I support gun rights.

Have another poll for you guys.:D

Nicki

DedEye
11-11-2008, 5:00 AM
We have to ban guns.

For the children.

:p

bigstick61
11-11-2008, 5:34 AM
The only one I disagree with is that Democracy is great. It is hardly thus. Given the nature of people, it is essentally tyranny of the majority, with its degree dependent upon the people. There need to be checks and balances, even checks against the people, as far as the system of government is concerned.

Standard
11-11-2008, 6:10 AM
I voted I agree with all values, but as far as democracy goes, I'm reading it as Constitutional Republic.

SkatinJJ
11-11-2008, 6:40 AM
Those are the value that my high school friend and I joined up with the Marines for a while back.

We were willing to fight, kill and possibly die for them. We also knew that at the tail end of the seventies, there would be little love for us and for what we stood for.

It may be a constitutional Republic, we need to push the ballot boxes to ensure that it is properly populated.

Meplat
11-11-2008, 7:25 PM
Ditto

I voted I agree with all values, but as far as democracy goes, I'm reading it as Constitutional Republic.

nick
11-11-2008, 7:57 PM
We have to ban guns.

For the children.

:p

For whose children? :p

nicki
11-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Rereading, I goofed.

I meant my comment of Democracy as a sarcastic remark.

For the record, our country is supposed to be a REPUBLIC.

DEMOCRACIES are inherently unstable governments, a threat to the rights of minorities.

Democracy is latin for "Mob Rule".

You guys rightly corrected me.

I couldn't be happier with poll results so far.

Nicki

nick
11-12-2008, 12:25 AM
In Athens, that people vouching for democracy keep bringing up as the model of democracy, or at least as its cradle (not quite so, but that's a long topic), only those who weren't slaves, and could show the means to support themselves could vote, as it wasn't expected for the rest to vote for something good for the state rather than handouts from the public treasury, and it was also considered the rest could be easily subverted. That part is usually conveniently omitted, as well as a similar story from our past.