PDA

View Full Version : varmint hunting in souther california

x-ricer
11-10-2008, 2:21 PM
hi all. i live in orange county, and have been using search, but have not been succesful.

I'm looking for somewhere close to orange county that i can do some varmit hunting on, ie: coyote

any suggestsions?

CavTrooper
11-10-2008, 2:27 PM
Get some BLM and National Forest maps and start searching. Hunting spots are easy to come by if youre willing to put in the work to find them. Most folks have spent lots of time (years) finding thier hunting spots and I wouldnt expect them to just reveal thier spots on a public forum.

Another thing to do is make friends with some guys near you who hunt and give them a reason to take you along.

jkcerda
11-10-2008, 9:10 PM
hi all. i live in orange county, and have been using search, but have not been succesful.

I'm looking for somewhere close to orange county that i can do some varmit hunting on, ie: coyote

any suggestsions?

bow or gun?

bow, GMR is ok, gun, no idea.

jkcerda
11-10-2008, 9:12 PM
Get some BLM and National Forest maps and start searching. Hunting spots are easy to come by if youre willing to put in the work to find them. Most folks have spent lots of time (years) finding thier hunting spots and I wouldnt expect them to just reveal thier spots on a public forum.

Another thing to do is make friends with some guys near you who hunt and give them a reason to take you along.

ran across that several times.

+2 on the italic portion

professionalcoyotehunter
11-11-2008, 8:38 AM
Let me know when you are free and I will try to help you out I hunt with bow,rifle or shotgun.

jkcerda
11-11-2008, 11:20 AM
Let me know when you are free and I will try to help you out I hunt with bow,rifle or shotgun.

sweet, its guys like you who keep the new guys in the sport :hurray:

x-ricer
11-11-2008, 11:32 AM
sweet, its guys like you who keep the new guys in the sport :hurray:

agreed!!

PM on the way!

Thank you for all your responses!

GuyW
11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Not dissing CalGuns, but Jesse's Hunting Forums are a great place to find out about hunting issues...