PDA

View Full Version : Obama's effect on guns.

nicki
11-10-2008, 1:05 AM
1. Massive increase in AW rifle and Hi Cap Magazine Sales. Last I heard, prior to the AWB passage in 1994, 1 million hi cap mags were being manufactured everyday.

I predict that 1 million or more addtional EBR's will be sold due to Obama's election.

2. I predict a run on sales for normal capacity magazines in the free states, I figure 1 million magazines a day will be sold for at least the next 3 months.

3. The NRA should have a massive increase in membership, I predict membership will grow to 5 to 6 million members.

4. There will be ammunition shortages of .223, 7.62 X39 and 7.62 X 51.

5. There will be alot of infighting in the Dem party on gun control issues,.

6. The Heller decision will play heavy on Judical appointments. I am not holding my breath, but Obama just might appoint Fed Judges who although liberal, recognize and actually support the Heller decision.

7. Stupid moves on guns will cost him control of the house, the senate or both.

8. Obama has to focus on other issues first and those issues will keep him occupied to the point where he can't deal with guns.

Nicki

bulgron
11-10-2008, 1:58 AM
There are people in the Democratic party who are like dogs chasing after speeding cars when it comes to guns. They just don't care what happens once they catch that car, so long as they catch it.

No doubt, these people realize that the next year is the best opportunity in our lifetimes that they'll ever have to limit gun ownership in this country. First, the Dems are riding a massive wave of political clout from the election. Second, they have a willing and compliant congress. And third, they have an inexperienced junior politician who has stepped into the presidency and who might yet not know enough to stay away from that speeding car.

If they wait even a year, movement in the courts on Son-of-Heller cases, plus increasing experience in the Whitehouse, will dim their chances of success. In addition, the political wave will slow, maybe even crash, as reality settles in and Obama's supporters come to realize that he really can't walk on water.

Add to that the Heller decision, which was a major blow to the disarmament agenda, and I believe you'll see the anti-freedom forces put massive pressure on the Dem leadership to "do something about guns."

Whether the Dem leadership will cave to this pressure remains to be seen. But it wouldn't shock me if they did.

All of the massive panic-buying of guns and ammo going on right now ought to be a great, big warning sign to the Dems as to what happens if they go after guns. But it's a dog-chase-car moment in Washington, so it's 50-50 whether they'll really catch that car.

If they do catch that car, they'll be political roadkill.

Do you think they'll engage their political brains before they engage their legs?

In the meantime, I'm building an AR-10. This is the first serious rifle that I'll ever have owned in my life (I'm mostly a pistol shooter). I'm building the thing only because I think the Dems might ban it. If Obama's campaign had flopped, I probably never would have bothered to build one. (My plan WAS to pick up a Ruger Mini-14 sometime next year, but instead I now have an AR-10 lower about to come out of DROS.) Therefore, I think I'll name the thing "Barry."

I think that everyone who doesn't have one should acquire at least one scary rifle in the next few months (assuming you can afford it, of course). It's a kind of economic activity that will almost certainly get the attention of Barry's team in Washington, and it might be enough to convince them that here there be dragons.

gcvt
11-10-2008, 2:19 AM
With regards to #'s 1-4, you're predicting things that are already happening ;)

Captain Evilstomper
11-10-2008, 2:32 AM
[/QUOTE]

8. Obama has to focus on other issues first and those issues will keep him occupied to the point where he can't deal with guns.

Nicki[/QUOTE]

that is what i was hoping for, unless biden really has a hard on for bans......

yellowfin
11-10-2008, 11:04 AM
^ Considering he wrote the 94 one, I'd say he does.

Smokeybehr
11-10-2008, 11:07 AM
^ Considering he wrote the 94 one, I'd say he does.

Obama didn't write AWB '94. He wasn't even elected to anything, and was still a community agitator.

sigsauer887
11-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Obama didn't write AWB '94. He wasn't even elected to anything, and was still a community agitator.

He quoting the poster above him about Biden in regards to the crime bill that he wrote.

Good thing we live in California though, not really seeing a shortage on .223 7.62 ammo in my area.