PDA

View Full Version : New FUD from abroad

CAL.BAR
11-09-2008, 5:43 PM
I asked Ed Montana from HDPS about adapting a RADDLOCK for his HK g36 conversions and this is the response I received:

"Sorry, those conversions are illegal in California, even with all the gimmicks they come out. Just contact the CA DOJ and ask if an assault weapon (with the said magazine lock) is legal to own in CA.

In order to legally convert an imported sporter rifle to assault weapon Federal and State rules apply.

Best Regards,
Ed Montana
http://www.hdps.org/"

Homeland Defense and Police Supply Corp.
Federally Licensed Class II Firearms Manufacturer and Class III Dealer
Cleveland/TN

This is a guy who should know better (or at least be better informed) And I told him that if he chooses not to do business with 32+ MILLION Californians, that is his choice, but do it for a better reason than the DOJ hasn't "approved" a mag lock. I told him the DOJ hasn't "approved" anything re: weapons modifications, that doesn't make it illegal.

savageevo
11-10-2008, 6:49 AM
Just don't do business with them. Support the ones that support us. Plain and simple.

sorensen440
11-10-2008, 6:50 AM
Just don't do business with them. Support the ones that support us. Plain and simple.

I would at least send him links to the correct information

motorhead
11-10-2008, 8:29 AM
worse still is he probably spreads this amoung his collegues, and probably as gospel rather than as his opinion.

zinfull
11-10-2008, 8:37 AM
The FUD will never stop. DOJ is spreading this and every one will go with them instead of reading the regulations. The only way is to call DOJ to court, again, and stop this. But then they will start up again. The government has all the power with no responsibility. It does seem that after BHO won this FUD has been coming out a lot more.

Jerry

shark92651
11-10-2008, 3:19 PM
It's probably an exercise in futility but I would ask them if they asked the question in writing and received a response in writing. When you ask them these questions in writing you get something very far from a response that says "it is illegal". As a matter of fact, here is a thread where I asked a question specifically about importing a Stag-15 with a bullet button and you can read the reply I received:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=82350

I suggest you write a very similar letter to the DOJ as I did, but referencing the specific firearm you are trying to get and then forward your response to the vendor. Make sure to send your letter via certified mail w/receipt.

CAL.BAR
11-10-2008, 4:16 PM
I would at least send him links to the correct information

As a matter of fact I did. I pulled all relevant code sections and terms for him. He then claimed to have known other dealers who "have gone to prison for doing less" (than sell oll's to CA?)

This is a guy who builds full autos for class 3 folks around the country. Nice guy, but a bit over cautious if you ask me.

CAL.BAR
11-10-2008, 4:17 PM

I would if you can find another guy converting HK SL8's into G36's.

Riptide
11-11-2008, 12:56 PM
You might want to contact this guy if this is the type of G36 conversion you're looking for:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85070

Joe is a very good guy and goes above and beyond to satisfy the customer.

CAL.BAR
11-11-2008, 1:41 PM
Thanks Riptide I'll PM him and see what the waiting list is like
(and ask if he has any problem working with Kalifornians)