PDA

View Full Version : NRA-ILA: Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In

11-09-2008, 5:33 PM
Yes We Can. Ban guns.

Obama Announces Gun Ban Agenda Before The Final Vote Count Is In (http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4227)

Friday, November 07, 2008

Senator Barack Obama's presidential campaign slogan, "the audacity of hope," should have instead been "the audacity of deceit." After months of telling the American people that he supports the Second Amendment, and only hours after being declared the president-elect, the Obama transition team website announced an agenda taken straight from the anti-gun lobby--four initiatives designed to ban guns and drive law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers out of business:

"Making the expired federal assault weapons ban permanent." Perhaps no other firearm issue has been more dishonestly portrayed by gun prohibitionists. Notwithstanding their predictions that the ban's expiration in 2004 would bring about the end of civilization, for the last four years the nation's murder rate has been lower than anytime since the mid-1960s. Studies for Congress, the Congressional Research Service, the National Institute of Justice, the National Academy of Sciences, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have found no evidence that gun prohibition or gun control reduces crime. Guns that were affected by the ban are used in only a tiny fraction of violent crime-about 35 times as many people are murdered without any sort of firearm (knives, bare hands, etc.), as with "assault weapons." Obama says that "assault weapons" are machine guns that "belong on foreign battlefields," but that is a lie; the guns are only semi-automatic, and they are not used by a military force anywhere on the planet.

"Repeal the Tiahrt Amendment." The amendment--endorsed by the Fraternal Order of Police--prohibits the release of federal firearm tracing information to anyone other than a law enforcement agency conducting a bona fide criminal investigation. Anti-gun activists oppose the restriction, because it prevents them from obtaining tracing information and using it in frivolous lawsuits against law-abiding firearm manufacturers. Their lawsuits seek to obtain huge financial judgments against firearm manufacturers when a criminal uses a gun to inflict harm, even though the manufacturers have complied with all applicable laws.

"Closing the gun show loophole." There is no "loophole." Under federal law, a firearm dealer must conduct a background check on anyone to whom he sells a gun, regardless of where the sale takes place. A person who is not a dealer may sell a gun from his personal collection without conducting a check. Gun prohibitionists claim that many criminals obtain guns from gun shows, though the most recent federal survey of convicted felons put the figure at only 0.7 percent. They also claim that non-dealers should be required to conduct checks when selling guns at shows, but the legislation they support goes far beyond imposing that lone requirement. In fact, anti-gun members of Congress voted against that limited measure, holding out for a broader bill intended to drive shows out of business.

"Making guns in this country childproof." "Childproof" is a codeword for a variety of schemes designed to prevent the sale of firearms by imposing impossible or highly expensive design requirements, such as biometric shooter-identification systems. While no one opposes keeping children safe, the fact is that accidental firearm-related deaths among children have decreased 86 percent since 1975, even as the numbers of children and guns have risen dramatically. Today, the chances of a child being killed in a firearm accident are less than one in a million.

savageevo
11-10-2008, 6:54 AM
Its going to be a long 4 years. :banghead:

Two Shots
11-10-2008, 7:00 AM
Long 8 years unless the Repubs get smart and most of the Dumb ***es that put him in office wises up to his empty promises. I could go along with 2 out of the 4 if the AW and Tiahrt were left alone.

Grakken
11-10-2008, 8:29 AM
i'm using some of the money i have saved to buy the last of the free rifles before this punk and his punks in congress bans them. Call me paranoid, call me scared because i am. I think i have valid reason to feel this way.

I know, people like hoffmang and bweise, who i respect immensely here will try and tell you otherwise but knowing this puke and him hiring a bunch of Klinton cronies, the AW ban (and other anti 2a bills) will get some play. Now lets hope Hoffmang is right and that these so called " blue dog" dems will stand up to their masters in the Dem party and go against the grain...but i doubt it. I also doubt that the party learned anything from 94....

Time will tell. IMHO, buy any long gun you have had your eye on, most likely it is to "dangerous" for BHO and his ilk and stack your ammo deep.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/51dd75f536.jpg

motorhead
11-10-2008, 8:35 AM
that assumes all this is doable. we knew this agenda long before the election. right now his plate is more than full with more pressing matters. he's frantically trying to figure out how he can pull off all the things he promised to get elected. he's already tried a little backpedalling and the media response was not encouraging. if he drops the ball they'll turn on him and eat him alive.

sigsauer887
11-10-2008, 10:11 AM
i'm using some of the money i have saved to buy the last of the free rifles before this punk and his punks in congress bans them. Call me paranoid, call me scared because i am. I think i have valid reason to feel this way.

I know, people like hoffmang and bweise, who i respect immensely here will try and tell you otherwise but knowing this puke and him hiring a bunch of Klinton cronies, the AW ban (and other anti 2a bills) will get some play. Now lets hope Hoffmang is right and that these so called " blue dog" dems will stand up to their masters in the Dem party and go against the grain...but i doubt it. I also doubt that the party learned anything from 94....

Time will tell. IMHO, buy any long gun you have had your eye on, most likely it is to "dangerous" for BHO and his ilk and stack your ammo deep.
[/IMG]

How about donating some of that money to the NRA or become an NRA member so we have a stronger presence, ever think about that?

Grakken
11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
What makes you think i am not a member?

surfinguru
11-10-2008, 12:23 PM
You know, I'm so conflicted over this whole thing. Out of the 300million plus people in this country, these were the best two candidates either party could come up with?

Anyway, while I'm trying to be optmistic and be of the miindset that, ya, he has more "important" and pressing things to address first, I can't help but think of the phrase, "low hanging fruit.." It's conceivable he could enact quick legislation in an attempt to show he's on the job doing something to protect the populace.

Grakken
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Its not like they dont have a few bills waiting in the wings for an opportune time. Im not saying that time is now but they are ready.

Im sure/hope his administration has other crap to deal with before they turn their eye onto us.

My point is that eventually, they will come. This isnt fear mongering, this is my honest feelings and is not some idea coming out of deep right field (I know a few others are subscrbers to the brady emails). Sorry if im not placated by words on this site to the contrary. people point out heller and the other cases ongoing but those can all be overturned as well. I hope that in the long run, you all can laugh at me and my paranoia (instead of just laughing at me now).
It would be worth it.