PDA

View Full Version : keeping it in the family if aw passes and reg is required.

savageevo
11-09-2008, 8:22 AM
As what the title says. I have three kids. One of them is a boy and I am sure when he get to legal age he would want all my toys and when I am six feet under I want him to have it. If ban does happen and if reg is required, How can we give my guns to my kids. I was told putting them all in a trust. Does anybody have a feed back on this I am sure there are lawyers on this board that can chime in (oaklander).

bwiese
11-09-2008, 8:29 AM
Geezus, how can we know the details of a ban that is not even written/amdended yet?

Call Miss Cleo. Lotta drama queens here.

Gene & I do not believe an AW ban can get thru - both due to the 1994 reprisals where we took out a Speaker of the House, plus the current composition of Senate/Congress (a solidified Republican core not willing to give anything to Obama + pro-gun Dems in areas that usu vote Republican).

Instead look for Obama to try to hassle FFLs thru ultradetailed BATFE audits of gunshops.

savageevo
11-09-2008, 8:43 AM
Just looking at options if this does happen. Who would ever thought that a african american can ever be president, Look what happen last week. Since obama is so far to the left and he has lied on his standing, (flip-flopper) And since the dems has the majority of congress, anything can happen in four years. I know we can always vote them out after four years but look at the states that use to be republic and converted to dems. I hope america really truelly sees how obama is and how he can make a change. (for the worse:(:banghead:). I myself do not want to be like the others about doom and gloom but I just want to have a backup plan b and c if it does happen. I just want to always say that I highly respect bwies and gene comments. thanks me

hawk81
11-09-2008, 9:58 AM
Just give the damn guns to him screw any new laws.

John Browning
11-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Can you register your firearms to a trust in some way? I know that this is possible with Class 3 stuff, but what about regular old handguns and rifles?