PDA

View Full Version : ???Lee .308 Collet Neck sizer die NOT WORKING???

Teletiger7
11-08-2008, 1:00 PM
:confused:I run my brass through it and all it does is remove the old primer. The neck looks like it was left alone. When I try to seat a bullet it falls into the case becase of zero neck tension. The neck doesn't seem at all resized and it seems that this die is just a deprimer. For now I am just using a full length resizing die since that atleast resizes the neck. What's going on here:confused:

Beelzy
11-08-2008, 1:11 PM
Sounds like you don't have the collect in the die?

Fjold
11-08-2008, 1:21 PM
:confused:I run my brass through it and all it does is remove the old primer. The neck looks like it was left alone. When I try to seat a bullet it falls into the case becase of zero neck tension. The neck doesn't seem at all resized and it seems that this die is just a deprimer. For now I am just using a full length resizing die since that atleast resizes the neck. What's going on here:confused:

If you look in the top of the die do you see the ring with four equally spaced slices in it?

Did you adjust the die so that the ram comes up and compresses those slices slightly together?

Screw the die in a little bit at a time so that the ram pushes up on the bottom (movable) part of the die until you get the neck tension that you want.

Teletiger7
11-08-2008, 3:07 PM
OK> Thanks for the help. Figured it out. The internal parts of the die were loose and I need to tighten the top adjustment all the way in.