View Full Version : Just a Thought?.

11-08-2008, 7:09 AM

We are obviously in a great time of uncertainty, uncertainty as to where the new Administration is going to take our 2A rights. Obama is already talking a new PERMANENT AW ban. And it has many folks upset, and wondering what to do.
Obama has professed a policy of inclusion, so lets become part of the process of inclusion. Make your voice heard, send your opinions to change.org, and express how you feel. It also has to be made known to organizations like the NRA (of which I am a member), to embrace a policy of inclusion, to take a stance of participation. To help write the laws that help prosecute criminals, keep firearms out of the hands of people that should not have them.
For those of you out there that just want to dismiss Obama as Liberal and exclude yourself from taking part, do so at your own peril. Our rights are in danger in a way that we have never seen, and we need everyone. Voice your opinions, to both Obama, and the NRA. An attitude of us versus them will not work this time. There HAS to be a different approach this time around. MY .02, USMCM16A2

11-08-2008, 7:26 AM
His policy of "inclusion" does not include you or me. You know that. He'll include you if you believe the way he does...

His policy of gun ownership does not include your or my "type" of guns...

In no way do I want to be apart of "his" change...:mad:

11-08-2008, 7:40 AM

I respect your opinion on the issue, you do what you need to do. What I am suggesting is that gun-owners need to make their voices heard. If Obama excludes us, so be it. But the business as usual approach of just writing off a politican, will not work this time. There is much more at stake this time around, USMCM16A2.

11-08-2008, 7:54 AM
Your voice is nor going to be heard by this guy. You can stand there and scream all day and he'll smile with his fingers in his ears. As I have posted before, if you have a shotgun or hunting rifle then he'll be receptive to your thoughts. You want "assualt weapons" then you're whats wrong in his world.
You're drinking the Kool-Aid that he is handing out.

Once again,

11-08-2008, 8:35 AM
If he is pro 2a as he claims, Why are people panic buying guns? Even got on the news about gun sales going up.

11-08-2008, 9:53 AM

Do not be dismissive of my thoughts, do not believe for one minute that I believe Obama is out to be 100% inclusive of firearms owners in the shaping of gun-control policy. What I am saying is that people PANIC BUYING of guns, and burying their heads in the sand will not change anything. SO PEOPLE NEED TO GROW A PAIR, and SPEAK THEIR MINDS.
I have lived in this state long enough to have seen the effects of gun owners NOT speaking up. So if you want to write the situation off, and drink your own kool aid, do so. USMCM16A2

11-08-2008, 1:50 PM
Your quote of "people PANIC BUYING of guns, and burying their heads in the sand" is not done for anything other than to sustain a person of their wants before a ban can be put in place. This is type of man that will want a ban retroactive back to as far as he can get. People realize that and want to get ahead of that.
The only "change" this guy will accept is another AWB and this time it will not have a sunset clause in it.
Going to his website as you suggested and "speaking up" will do nothing for you or our cause in my opinion. But hey, it is your time and energy. If you feel it helps, more power to you. To me, speaking your mind is done with those that can help and will help. Not some BS website set up for leftwing liberals that want to take our right to keep and bear arms. You really should look through that site if you haven't. I see nothing on there that reflects us and our thoughts or ideals...

Feel free to point out which area of this site we fit into. http://www.change.org/causes

Fair Trade, Animal Rights, Peace in the Middle East, Stop Global Warming, Stop Genocide, Humanitarian Relief, Women's Rights, End Homelessness, Gay Rights, Social Entrepreneurship, Immigration, Criminal Justice

Good luck to you anyways...;)