PDA

View Full Version : Attention Kestryll and Fellow Calgunners!

NSR500
11-07-2008, 1:40 AM
Please take a few minutes to read this post on ar15.com.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=784480&page=1

I think that we do need to rally all our forces and this may be an avenue. Additionally, we need to re-up and/or join the NRA and get active in pushing the 2A.

Knight
11-07-2008, 1:53 AM
I try take the time to pass on important info I read on here to my home board of HK94 (http://www.hk94.com/), and vice versa.

There's already a communication channel of sorts among gun forums, I've noticed. Many of the same news stories - for example, the one about the guy getting hit by what could be a stray .50 cal bullet from a careless shooter - I can actually track as they spread from forum to forum. The key would be to make sure whenever a call to action is posted, that a method for contacting the right people is also included.

nick
11-07-2008, 2:24 AM
Email :)

Seriously, it's the easiest and cheapest way, and quite easy to set up.

AJAX22
11-07-2008, 6:14 AM
I let my membership in the NRA lapse... I'd like to join back up, but I can NOT be getting weekly solicitations for more donations.

Its like the whole damn organization just wants to squeeze funds.

I REALLY do not want to have NRA membership info showing up to my mailbox in NYC in envelopes with eagles on them and 3 inch tall block lettering announcing to anyone who wants to call the cops on me that I might be a good target for persecution.

It was bad enough when they sent that crap to me in LA so every gangbanger who saw my mailbox could know that there was a good chance there might be guns inside the house, but getting it in NYC could be disastrous.

As far as a panel of internet boards for dissemination of information... it could be ok if it is used responsibly... I don't want to get emails and notifications of every little thing... good judgment should be used to cull the wheat from the chaff.

aileron
11-07-2008, 6:37 AM
It should be named the Sons of Liberty. :43:

Posted it over on NES.

ilbob
11-07-2008, 6:43 AM
I let my membership in the NRA lapse... I'd like to join back up, but I can NOT be getting weekly solicitations for more donations.

I REALLY do not want to have NRA membership info showing up to my mailbox in NYC in envelopes with eagles on them and 3 inch tall block lettering announcing to anyone who wants to call the cops on me that I might be a good target for persecution.

It does seem like a weekly begathon.

You can opt out of the solicitations though.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-07-2008, 6:44 AM

It was bad enough when they sent that crap to me in LA so every gangbanger who saw my mailbox could know that there was a good chance there might be guns inside the house, but getting it in NYC could be disastrous.

As far as a panel of internet boards for dissemination of information... it could be ok if it is used responsibly... I don't want to get emails and notifications of every little thing... good judgment should be used to cull the wheat from the chaff.

Simply call the NRA member services telephone number and tell them to put you on the "do not promote" list. This stops all of the NRA junk mail. If you become a Life Member then they don't even need to send out any renewal notices either.

AJAX22
11-07-2008, 6:53 AM
thanks for the tip guys, I'll look into that.

Nodda Duma
11-07-2008, 7:36 AM
It does seem like a weekly begathon.

You can opt out of the solicitations though.

+1. I called NRA on the first solicitation and asked them to take me off their mailing list. I told them I wanted *no* mail from them. I haven't gotten a thing since, except for notice to renew membership. Piece of cake. Just tell them if you don't want it; they can't read your mind you know.

-Jason

Mute
11-07-2008, 8:38 AM
I've never gotten a solicitation for donation except with my annual renewal notices. You just need to contact them and ask to opt out of those mailings.

motorhead
11-07-2008, 8:58 AM
the nra's non-player status in this last election does little to recommend them. they waffled forever before giving mc cain a recommendation and were too timid to speak out publicly against obama.
join jpfo, let's abolish atf!

bwiese
11-07-2008, 9:40 AM
the nra's non-player status in this last election does little to recommend them. they waffled forever before giving mc cain a recommendation and were too timid to speak out publicly against obama.

NRA always waits until the general election before recommending one candidate.

Perhaps you didn't see it here, but there were LOTS of ads in swing states.

xrMike
11-07-2008, 11:38 AM
+1. I called NRA on the first solicitation and asked them to take me off their mailing list. I told them I wanted *no* mail from them. I haven't gotten a thing since, except for notice to renew membership. Piece of cake. Just tell them if you don't want it; they can't read your mind you know.

I think you can also "opt out" from their website. I did it that way after joining, and haven't received any calls or mail either. I don't remember exactly as it was several years ago, but it might be under "User Options" or something like that. If you dig around their website a little, you can find it.

Meplat
11-08-2008, 1:27 AM
:hide:I let my membership in the NRA lapse... I'd like to join back up, but I can NOT be getting weekly solicitations for more donations.

Kestryll
11-08-2008, 1:41 AM
An idea I have been working on recently is a forum for all the Owner/Admins of all the various gun forums where we can coordinate our various forums in to one giant network.

We've seen what organizing and working together here can do, imagine it on a national scale.
My goal would be a place where the Admins could coordinate on a specific topic and/or plan and then take those plans back to our various forums and all be working on the same effort.

Individually we are strong but unfocused, together we can be a very powerful force and a untied deafening voice.

MrBi11
11-08-2008, 4:02 AM
Someone could host a news ticker [like the amber alert uses] that can be added to any forum to alert people of whats going on.

The way the amber alert works is it normally is just a white marquee but when there is an 'alert' it changes to yellow. You can click on the banner anytime to access more information on there site.

Hell, I'll take that over other ad banners any day!

edit: I just sent copies of this Idea [along with my phone number] to the operators of the gun boards I frequent

jmlivingston
11-08-2008, 8:08 AM
Someone could host a news ticker [like the amber alert uses] that can be added to any forum to alert people of whats going on.

The way the amber alert works is it normally is just a white marquee but when there is an 'alert' it changes to yellow. You can click on the banner anytime to access more information on there site.

Hell, I'll take that over other ad banners any day!

edit: I just sent copies of this Idea [along with my phone number] to the operators of the gun boards I frequent

That's an awesome idea! If it could be made into a Wordpress plugin I've got a couple blogs I'd be willing to put it on.

John

bruss01
11-08-2008, 9:52 AM
[QUOTE=aileron;1673075]It should be named the Sons of Liberty. :43:
[QUOTE]

Hey - what about us Daughters?!

Mrs. Bruss01

Trendkill
11-08-2008, 10:59 PM
This is what is needed....strength in numbers. There are so many of us scattered amongst many forums.....together we could really get some @#$% done.