PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the NRA last nite

Exocet5
11-06-2008, 8:16 PM
Finally pulled the trigger after BHO's win.
That is all. :cool2:

anthonyca
11-06-2008, 8:25 PM
If we could only get the other approximately 85million gun owners who are not part of the NRA or similar group to join we would be ok.

elSquid
11-06-2008, 9:36 PM
Finally pulled the trigger after BHO's win.
That is all. :cool2:

:)

-- Michael

csmintel
11-06-2008, 9:47 PM
Our memebrship dues will help them buy lots of 09' S550 leases. yaaay!

Exocet5
11-06-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm excited b/k I'm the type that, when I commit to something, I'm a non-flake carry-through kind of guy. I was literally looking up my local legislative action committee NRA rep to bug him on how I can get involved.

We shall see how this unfolds.

CCWFacts
11-07-2008, 7:03 AM
Good, I'm glad you joined.

All my friends know that I'm the gun expert, so when they decide they want to get a gun, they come to me for advice and help. As of now, I'm no longer helping any of my friends with gun related stuff unless they are NRA members.

sorensen440
11-07-2008, 7:13 AM
Glad to hear you joined

csmintel
11-07-2008, 7:38 AM

All my friends know that I'm the gun expert, so when they decide they want to get a gun, they come to me for advice and help. As of now, I'm no longer helping any of my friends with gun related stuff unless they are NRA members.

you're a such a good friend aren't ya?

mattmcg
11-07-2008, 8:23 AM

This is a fantastic idea! Since I'm in the same boat, I'll do the same...

Also here is another idea. I've always wondered why all shooting ranges didn't offer a "dollars off" discount for proof of NRA membership. This sure would provide a good reason to carry your card (and join on the spot). Looking at it business-wise, a subtle discount only helps to ensure that a shooting range will have customers in the future.

yellowfin
11-07-2008, 8:44 AM
Memberships make great Christmas and birthday presents. You can bet my whole family is getting them this year.

Army
11-07-2008, 9:36 AM
you're a such a good friend aren't ya?
If you were a car repairman, would you keep fixing your buddy's car for free every week?

Difference is, nobody is trying to ban cars.

The NRA is a large and strong lobby right now, but we could be THE deciding factor in all things gun related at the federal level. As small as we are, we influenced the 1994 Congress, and the 2000 elections.

I, for one, don't want to be a mere influence. I want my voice and rights acknowleged, and respected by our Govt. with no doubt about the outcome.

Kingofthehill
11-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Just joined!.... Something ive been putting off but see'ing as how things are going lately, a 5yr membership for now.

JOe

tsongololo
11-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I too joined Tuesday night.

I saw a news clip this morning on Fox, that basically said gun sales are soaring since Obama was elected, due to many people being afraid he'd try to repeal the Second Amendment. They then said Obama has said he doesn't plan to fight the Second Amendment. It was only a 20 second clip.

Might be time get another lower or two. And ammo, that could be the new currency if the economy finally tanks for good. Sure gold is nice too, but would you rather pay a gold coin or a box of 20 rounds for a loaf of bread?

CCWFacts
11-07-2008, 12:23 PM
tsongololo and Kingofthehill, THANK YOU!

Kingofthehill
11-07-2008, 12:26 PM
well my sister got it for me as a b-day gift but hey, it was a gift and she asked so i said NRA (she's a member as well)

JOe

5hundo
11-07-2008, 1:02 PM
First, let me congratulate Exocet5 on his membership. The NRA is the loudest voice for political advocacy of gun owners and they do a lot of work for us. They are certainly to be commended for the work that they do...

If we could only get the other approximately 85million gun owners who are not part of the NRA or similar group to join we would be ok.

Without getting flamed, can I say something about your concern? I used to be an NRA member but I was a kid (teenager) the last time I renewed my membership. However, I am currently a CRPA member... ;)

I just got upset that the NRA kept asking me for money... RELENTLESSLY!!! I saved up some money when I was a kid and sent it in. A few weeks later, I received a request for more money...

...and another a few weeks after that.

The CRPA might send me an invite to a banquet from time-to-time, or ask me to buy raffle tickets but they also sent me a "voters guide" and every month, I get a newsletter. However, it's nothing like the non-stop mailers that came to me on behalf of the NRA, requesting more and more money...

It upset my Dad as well and he hasn't been an NRA member since the 1970s. He told me after I didn't renew my membership that he figured that was going to happen. He's one of those parents that lets you live your own life and make your own choices, even if he disagrees with them. I also have a number of friends who have the same complaint and I think if they toned it down a little, they might be able to retain a lot of their members.

Maybe they have. As I said, it's been a while since I was a member... :confused:

For the record, I'm not "anti-NRA" or anything. I would like to see them be more successful in recruiting and retaining members and I think that the frequency of their mailers might alienate some members. Just a thought!

Please don't flame!!! :hide:

mroels
11-07-2008, 1:20 PM
This thread, and of course election, inspired me to join too. 5 year membership. Up to now I only supported the NRA through midwayusa when you donate money during purchases but its time to really get involved now.

CCWFacts
11-07-2008, 1:48 PM
This thread, and of course election, inspired me to join too. 5 year membership. Up to now I only supported the NRA through midwayusa when you donate money during purchases but its time to really get involved now.

THANK YOU!

5hundo: I understand what you're saying, but that's a very weak reason to not join. They ask for money all the time because the more money they have, the more they can fight for us. That's all. If you don't have money or don't want to make extra contributions, then just toss their mailers in the garbage. They need to be able to show politicians how big their membership list is. If they can say, "we have four million members", that's a lot of power. If they can say, "we have ____ thousand members in your district", that's also a lot of power.

By the way, when you sign up you can specify that you don't want their magazines and I think you can ask them to send you less stuff in the mail. I don't get their magazine at all because I don't want it and I want them to spend the money on the fight.

f00lish1
11-07-2008, 2:09 PM
Funny thing, I got my "final invitation" in the mail to join the NRA a few days ago, but signed up online last night! Anxiously awaiting my Rifleman and my NRA tote bag now. :patriot:

EMPEROR8
11-07-2008, 2:30 PM
I saw this Ad from Guns magazine last night, It seems to be a good deal. $19.55 for a year subscription of Guns Magazine and it comes with a free 1 year NRA membership.

http://www.gunsmagazine.com/GNNRA.html

f00lish1
11-07-2008, 2:39 PM
That is a good deal considering the 1 year membership is normally $35.

DVLDOC
11-07-2008, 2:41 PM
Just renewed my membership today! BTW, Active duty members get one year free membership:

http://www.nra.org/supportourtroops/Default.aspx

Havik89
11-07-2008, 3:19 PM
I saw this Ad from Guns magazine last night, It seems to be a good deal. $19.55 for a year subscription of Guns Magazine and it comes with a free 1 year NRA membership.

Just placed my order, thanks.

EMPEROR8
11-07-2008, 5:04 PM
We should probably put this as an annoucement to the whole wbsite. This might gain more memberships.

Lee F. Smith
11-07-2008, 5:27 PM
Congrats to all of you that have joined.:jump:

5hundo, I hear what your saying but....

The NRA has two functions the way I see it. One is to ask me for money, the other is to spend that money fighting those that would take my rights away from me. :gunsmilie:

Everything else is gravy.