PDA

View Full Version : Obama: That didn't take long.... calls for permanent AWB

calihunter22
11-06-2008, 8:13 PM
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

soopafly
11-06-2008, 8:26 PM
We knew this before the election. It's not new news.

Glock30
11-06-2008, 8:28 PM
Such BS.

csmintel
11-06-2008, 8:31 PM
f...er

I call for a common sense gun laws to abandon any gun bans permanently for law obiding citizens and to allow CCW or Open carry for the same group of law obiding citizens....it is a MUST do in order to save lives and prevent gun violence against innocent law obiding citizens ( who without this new measure can not protect themselfes and their families, their children, you! ).

It's time we change our rhtoric a bit too. we sound like gun nuts for that is who we are then so be it. But we need to understand how our message is delivered to people....how it's targeted. Sports and recreation is fine....but what about saving lives! Protecting property! This should be screamed out lowd so that people who afraid of guns-period......would afraid of guns in the hands of criminals more....emphasis is mine throught.

SJgunguy24
11-06-2008, 8:37 PM
Whew, I finished my AR and shot it last weekend. Now I think it's time for flats and a bending jig. Who has Saigas? If they want those they can have the receivers........MOLON LABE!

jb7706
11-06-2008, 8:40 PM
"I'm not going to take your guns away."
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/05/obama-im-not-going-to-take-your-guns-away/

Fracking liar.

rayra
11-06-2008, 9:01 PM
calihunter, please amend your topic title to include 'calls for permanent AWB' to make it really plain to the wilfully an ddisengenuously blind folk running around here still thinking that Obama and the Demokrat majority congress isn't going to move against guns asap.

jb7706
11-06-2008, 9:38 PM
calihunter, please amend your topic title to include 'calls for permanent AWB' to make it really plain to the wilfully an ddisengenuously blind folk running around here still thinking that Obama and the Demokrat majority congress isn't going to move against guns asap.

Actually BHO is doing the OLL movement a good turn. If more shooters are thinking "get while the getting is good" then we are adding more owners with a vested stake in fighting our legal battles at a state level. Trying to look at the bright side. ;)

csmintel
11-06-2008, 9:51 PM
if they enact ban....we will vote for republikans next term around to abandon the ban...permanently. so it's not the end of the world. we can always undo what they did.

Coffee
11-06-2008, 9:57 PM
This is the scary part to me

They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof

CCWFacts
11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
if they enact ban....we will vote for republikans next term around to abandon the ban...permanently. so it's not the end of the world. we can always undo what they did.

It's really hard to undo a ban. If the '94 AWB hadn't had a sunset it would still be with us. The '34 NFA is still with us. The '68 GCA is with us. The '86 FOPA is with us.

I just wrote a letter to Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (361-A Russell Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510) asking him to filibuster any possible renewed AWB.

One positive thing: I think Obama is so far out there, such an extreme liberal, he may have a very hard time getting the conservatives (both Democrat and Republican) to go along with him.

M. Sage
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
That was on his campaign website (the website you linked is basically his campaign website with a new address), so "that didn't take long" is a huge understatement.

jdberger
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Back in '94 - ARs were kinda nifty. Most people didn't have one, though. Colt's were expensive. There weren't a ton of other manufacturers.

AKs had just started coming in (Norincos).

HKs were really expensive...

Basically, the whole AW market was kinda niche.

All of that has changed in the last 4 years since the AWB has expired. ARs are marketed to varminters, target shooters, ordinary folks. Build it yourself has become an option. We've lots more stakeholders, now.

And we have Heller courage.

And Alan Gura - 2A's Superman.

Let's not get overconfident - let's get ready. This one, we're gonna win.

Clodbuster
11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
You weren't around for the 1994 ban, were you.

Clod

csmintel
11-06-2008, 10:25 PM
You weren't around for the 1994 ban, were you.

Clod

I was around, I just wasn't the gun owner then.

Clodbuster
11-06-2008, 10:34 PM
After the 1994 "Crime Bill" passed, the Republicans were able to take back the legislature as payback, but it wasn't enough to overturn the law. Fortunately, before the bill passed, it was ammended with a 10 year sunset clause to appease the Republicans. The new crime bill does not have this clause, and the Democrats have no need to appease the Republicans. They have a mandate from the people. :rolleyes:

Clod

I was around, I just wasn't the gun owner then.

JDay
11-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Actually BHO is doing the OLL movement a good turn. If more shooters are thinking "get while the getting is good" then we are adding more owners with a vested stake in fighting our legal battles at a state level. Trying to look at the bright side. ;)

Fighting legal battles at the State level will not matter if there is a Permanent Federal Ban. The part of his policy that has me the most worried though is this little excerpt "They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof". How do they plan on making guns "childproof"? The only way I can think of is by banning trigger groups or firing pins.

JDay
11-06-2008, 10:37 PM

You do realize that its nearly impossible to remove a law from the books once its written don't you? Once the Democrats pass this bill don't plan on seeing it repealed in your lifetime.

csmintel
11-06-2008, 10:39 PM
should we look at the things they want and possibly attack them on those issues as well. seems like what we did is just defend our rights. why not attack? isn't now the time? let's vote against the issues that matter to em the most...other then banning our guns. let's close the loophole where they divide our tax money amongst themselfes ( companies and people they represent )

elSquid
11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Back in '94 - ARs were kinda nifty. Most people didn't have one, though. Colt's were expensive. There weren't a ton of other manufacturers.

AKs had just started coming in (Norincos).

HKs were really expensive...

Basically, the whole AW market was kinda niche.

Is that really true? There was the whole "survivalist" craze way back in the 70/80s that drove the market for a lot of guns. I remember HK 91/93/94s, Valmets, various SIGs ( I always wanted an AMT ), AUGs, the Linda, the "Nighthawk" ( anyone remember the ads with the hot blond in the bathing suit? ), AR180s, AM180s, UZI carbines, Galils, Daewoos, FNs etc. What about the Bushmaster pistol? A .223 bullpup that you could strap to your forearm with a 30round mag. (http://members.shaw.ca/tmcveigh/Projects/GunRights/images/bushmastermag.jpg)

Hell, I remember reading "Firepower" magazine in the 80s (http://www.internationalpolicesupply.net/DSC01110.JPG). In the pre-86 days that mag would print all sorts of full auto conversion articles for various guns on the market. Great stuff!

Ok, I guess I'm officially an old dude now. :(

-- Michael

M. Sage
11-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Fortunately, before the bill passed, it was ammended with a 10 year sunset clause to appease the Republicans.

Actually, it was to appease the moderate Democrats more than anybody.

bohoki
11-06-2008, 11:13 PM
i think what he meant by he isnt going to take your guns really meant that he is going to stop people from getting more its s subtile difference but it wasn't a lie

tazz13
11-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Was this the "CHANGE" you Obama supporters were waiting for??

artherd
11-06-2008, 11:35 PM
This is the scary part to me
I have some Tylenol bottles I can't get into...

csmintel
11-06-2008, 11:40 PM
so what are manufacturers saying? it's their market, their money? why are they so quite and only us- consumers are fighting. ehhh

savs2k
11-06-2008, 11:55 PM
lets all dress up as zombies and visit obama. Maybe we can get him to change his mind then.

JDay
11-07-2008, 12:16 AM
lets all dress up as zombies and visit obama. Maybe we can get him to change his mind then.

Good way to make us look even more like loonies. Besides he'd just make a law that all corpses be buried in concrete.

DedEye
11-07-2008, 12:25 AM
I have some Tylenol bottles I can't get into...

Try hitting them.

Seesm
11-07-2008, 12:48 AM
I HATE OBAMA... Is that weird? :)

Mulay El Raisuli
11-07-2008, 5:22 AM
Is that really true? There was the whole "survivalist" craze way back in the 70/80s that drove the market for a lot of guns. I remember HK 91/93/94s, Valmets, various SIGs ( I always wanted an AMT ), AUGs, the Linda, the "Nighthawk" ( anyone remember the ads with the hot blond in the bathing suit? ), AR180s, AM180s, UZI carbines, Galils, Daewoos, FNs etc. What about the Bushmaster pistol? A .223 bullpup that you could strap to your forearm with a 30round mag. (http://members.shaw.ca/tmcveigh/Projects/GunRights/images/bushmastermag.jpg)

Hell, I remember reading "Firepower" magazine in the 80s (http://www.internationalpolicesupply.net/DSC01110.JPG). In the pre-86 days that mag would print all sorts of full auto conversion articles for various guns on the market. Great stuff!

Ok, I guess I'm officially an old dude now. :(

-- Michael

Yes, Michael, you are an old dude. :-)

But so am I, because I remember the Linda. I always wanted to get my hands on one of those. The closest I got was to see one on display (no touching!) at a gun show. :-(

I remember the Nighthawk also. No touching of the model was allowed either. :-)

I even had a Bushmaster bullpup pistol. I really liked the idea of it (still do) & had enough money to spend on one. Turned out to be a complete POS! On the 43rd round, the slide jammed. So solidly that I just couldn't move it. Not forward, not back. Had to ship it back to the factory with the expended shell still in it. No charge for repair & the turnaround was fairly quick, but this was clearly not the gun for me & I sold that turkey just as quickly as I could.

One of my 'future projects' is to take an LH bolt action, buy a 7.62 barrel separately, cut the barrel down to 12in, then mount the barrel to the action so as to have my own bullpup pistol. I'm told that it must be done in that order. To take a barreled action (already a rifle) & then cut it down is illegal. But if one starts with separate parts, cuts first & then assembles, its legal. The article in Guns & Ammo that lead me to buy the Bushmaster mentioned that the USAF had actually made such a thing & that firing it wasn't as bad as you might think. Given what some are using on the silhouette range, it isn't even all that outrageous.

The Raisuli

acolytes
11-07-2008, 6:15 AM
bbbbbuuuutttt I thought gun control wasn't high in obama's priority list. pfffttt sheep.

tombinghamthegreat
11-07-2008, 7:58 AM
Could we see a volient reaction to a permanent AWB? Not to mention the supreme court could prevent this law from going into effect.

motorhead
11-07-2008, 8:06 AM
i predict the first attack will be probitive and target gunshows. i don't think his agenda will allow him to pursue a new awb for at least a year. i'm watching closly to see who he appoints as sec/treas., as we all know, treasury controls more than money. with the economy in the toilet this will be a key position for his administration. if his appointment is at least gun-neutral it could work in our favor.

Grakken
11-07-2008, 8:36 AM
The idiot said it himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more do you need? People say he doesnt have time or whatever but these bills are already drafted and im sure the bradys are re-combing through it to make it bullet proof. All he needs to do is wait for it to get passed through and placed neatly on his desk. The only time he will need is the time it takes to uncap his pen and sign his name.

I pray i am wrong and that you all get a chance to laugh at me later. Id rather all you guys laugh at me and have my freedoms than for me to laugh/cry at you and we get the shaft.

So far, the only people who say this wont happen arent providing proof as to why they think it wont. Only offering their opinions, though i respect those people, Obama has been quoted as saying he will try and institute a new AWB.

Dirtbiker
11-07-2008, 8:44 AM
What are the Antis talking about when they say "gun show loophole" I've been to plenty gunshows and I can't buy and take home unless it's a C&R.

Something I dont know about that goes on in other states???

gunn
11-07-2008, 8:56 AM
What are the Antis talking about when they say "gun show loophole" I've been to plenty gunshows and I can't buy and take home unless it's a C&R.

Something I dont know about that goes on in other states???

Its cash and carry in plenty of other states (not CA) if you are buying from an individual and not an FFL. Hence the "gun show loophole."

-g

dfletcher
11-07-2008, 9:17 AM
i think what he meant by he isnt going to take your guns really meant that he is going to stop people from getting more its s subtile difference but it wasn't a lie

Absolutely - when he commented "I won't take your handguns. I won't take your rifles. I won't take your shotguns." I'd go a step further.

He's an attorney. In law, I believe the term "taking" refers to the state taking private property without compensation - someone correct me if I'm wrong. So with his "I won't take ....." statement he could promote legislation that gives gun owners a few hundred dollars per rifle, handgun or shotgun they are required to turn in AND ban all future sales of all firearms and ammunition.

Again, not saying this could or would happen and of course Heller (so long as it is the law) prohibits this, but based on his statement only he could do all those things without breaking his pledge.

And that's why the guy is dangerous - he knowingly dissembles and misleads. He knows what he said and why he said it that way. And unfortunately most of the electorate doesn't have the brains to discern otherwise.

pdq_wizzard
11-07-2008, 9:59 AM
Take a look at this

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=130157

I hope I am reading this right, if so with this and Heller, I hope it will be that much harder for him.

I might get hammered on this but......

as for the gun show loophole, I think there should be background checks on anyone that wants to buy a gun. (some people should not have guns it makes us all look bad when some nut goes off)

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
should we look at the things they want and possibly attack them on those issues as well. seems like what we did is just defend our rights. why not attack? isn't now the time? let's vote against the issues that matter to em the most...other then banning our guns. let's close the loophole where they divide our tax money amongst themselfes ( companies and people they represent )

If Gun owners had all voted for McCain, this would not even be an issue -- agree or disagree with teh Reps and McC, they do not have this goal as part of their PERMANENT AGENDA

Soldier415
11-07-2008, 10:15 AM
I am waiting for our obama supporting friends on this board who told us he didn't want to take away our guns or re-enact the AWB to chime in here...

<crickets>

<tumbleweeds>

Thanks a lot guys. We have a term for you in the Army. Blue Falcon

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
BTW there re still three senate races up for grabs. Only one of two wobbly Republicans up fro reelection in NON gun states and this could be a reality --

and can we SHELVE this whole "he'll be so busy with the economy he won't do this" BS. Thousands of pieces of legislation are prepared a year -- by STAFFS of people. Obama and Pelosi won't be sitting at the Mac typing up this AWB -- it will be basically the same as HR1022 and the senate bill -- they went nowhere -- but this bill will be written (most of it has) NOW, and by January 21st he'll just have to sign it.
A permanent AWB would make good press ("Obama keeps our Children/ streets safe" the Ocome-sucking Media will cry, along with video from KNob Creek of FA weapons) and there really aren't enough gunowners to fight it. Honestly, all the same pussies who said, "Well, they''re not coming after my Remington 700" the last time are still out there.

And they're right.

O and Co. are not coming for your 700

Yet.

csmintel
11-07-2008, 10:20 AM
here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2Zl4Utndg&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKqCrHsNBJw&feature=channel

westcoastr
11-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Honestly, all the same pussies who said, "Well, they''re not coming after my Remington 700" the last time are still out there.

And they're right.

O and Co. are not coming for your 700

Yet.

what those Rem 700 sniper rifles?

vandal
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
They're not going to take our guns away. They just won't let any more be sold.

sorensen440
11-07-2008, 10:46 AM
what those Rem 700 sniper rifles?

I think you meant Remington 700 high powered sniper rifles

MrLogan
11-07-2008, 10:46 AM
BHO is freaking liar. :mad:

Grakken
11-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Yeah, thst soo much better...not

csmintel
11-07-2008, 10:48 AM

they will start with tightening the screws, then no more sold....then.....knock on your door...ohhh...yes! this will turn bloody very fast.

joining militia in ohio woods doesn't seem like a crazy idea anymore...

elSquid
11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
I remember the Nighthawk also. No touching of the model was allowed either. :-)

We need to find a picture of that ad and post it in the Girls&Guns thread!

-- Michael

Guntech
11-07-2008, 11:07 AM
f...erI call for a common sense gun laws to abandon any gun bans permanently for law obiding citizens and to allow CCW or Open carry for the same group of law obiding citizens....it is a MUST do in order to save lives and prevent gun violence against innocent law obiding citizens ( who without this new measure can not protect themselfes and their families, their children, you! ).It's time we change our rhtoric a bit too. we sound like gun nuts for that is who we are then so be it. But we need to understand how our message is delivered to people....how it's targeted. Sports and recreation is fine....but what about saving lives! Protecting property! This should be screamed out lowd so that people who afraid of guns-period......would afraid of guns in the hands of criminals more....emphasis is mine throught.You should be president.* ;)

Meplat
11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Don't fool yourself this system is like a broken ratchet. It will only tighten the screws. The back stroke is an empty promise.

csmintel
11-07-2008, 11:10 AM
he just blubbered: "a lot of sheltered dogs are mutts like me"....

I say he's right!

dfletcher
11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Just got this off the net regarding Obama & brisk gun sales:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081107/ap_on_re_us/obama_gun_sales

Mikeb
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
The only way I can think of is by banning trigger groups or firing pins.

shhh... don't give them any ideas.
Mike
PS they don't have to ban firing pins. They just have to insist that they are marked by a non existant technology

csmintel
11-07-2008, 12:52 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/07/national/a105908S50.DTL&tsp=1

these aholes are scared! we should buy more and more guns! all the ammo in this country! we should only leave few slingshots at guns stores around the country. oh...these ba....rds will think twice about coming for our guns, banning, restricting or otherwise. socialists!

JDay
11-07-2008, 3:57 PM
Its cash and carry in plenty of other states (not CA) if you are buying from an individual and not an FFL. Hence the "gun show loophole."

-g

You can still cash and carry at other gun shows when buying from an FFL, many states allow for the instant background check and have no waiting period for long guns (and sometimes handguns).

JDay
11-07-2008, 4:09 PM
I think you meant Remington 700 high powered sniper assault rifles

There, fixed that for you.

JDay
11-07-2008, 4:12 PM
shhh... don't give them any ideas.
Mike
PS they don't have to ban firing pins. They just have to insist that they are marked by a non existant technology

The microstamping technology exists, however it is very unreliable and easy to defeat in seconds with household tools. Remember the UC study?

EastBayRidge
11-07-2008, 4:20 PM
Hat tip to David Codrea (http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2008/11/were-only-ones-going-to-gym-enough.html#links) for the juxtaposition of the Secret Service guys (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1083501/Day-One-Obama-faces-Cold-War-threat-warning-Israel--armed-guard-to-gym.html) from the Pres. elect's trip to a Chicago gym and the Dem platform quote (http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/).

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj141/EastBayRidge/Obamotvation.jpg

NiteQwill
11-07-2008, 4:25 PM
BHO is freaking liar. :mad:

He's also our new boss. :sleeping:

NiteQwill
11-07-2008, 4:27 PM
Our country has an interesting 4 (God forbid, 8) years to go down a very interesting road...

Liberty1
11-07-2008, 4:43 PM

Buying stock in gun companies? Its a booming industry with Barry O.

mbrown
11-08-2008, 8:14 PM
I am waiting for our obama supporting friends on this board who told us he didn't want to take away our guns or re-enact the AWB to chime in here...

<crickets>

<tumbleweeds>

Still waiting...

<wind whistling through the trees>

<coyote howling in the distance>

Seriously, these are the same people who thought Ruth Ginsburg would vote our way on the Heller case :rolleyes:

mfmayes49
11-08-2008, 8:30 PM
Is Obama going to rename the nation to United States Of California?

jrdejavux
11-08-2008, 10:18 PM
they will start with tightening the screws, then no more sold....then.....knock on your door...ohhh...yes! this will turn bloody very fast.

joining militia in ohio woods doesn't seem like a crazy idea anymore...

i agree with you !

Soldier415
11-09-2008, 6:28 AM
Hat tip to David Codrea (http://waronguns.blogspot.com/2008/11/were-only-ones-going-to-gym-enough.html#links) for the juxtaposition of the Secret Service guys (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1083501/Day-One-Obama-faces-Cold-War-threat-warning-Israel--armed-guard-to-gym.html) from the Pres. elect's trip to a Chicago gym and the Dem platform quote (http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/).

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj141/EastBayRidge/Obamotvation.jpg

Funny, sad, and true...all at the same time.

CitaDeL
11-09-2008, 6:49 AM
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/09/05/obama-im-not-going-to-take-your-guns-away/

Fracking liar.

You forgot to parse the statement. The validity of his promise is contingent upon the definition of "your" and "guns"

"Your" is a pronoun defining a specific subset of sportsmen and hunters, over 18, duly vetted by a licensing system (which excludes felons, those who have been adjudicated by the court as insane, or those under the influence of drugs alcohol or hold the belief in "Constitutional rights".) and participants in a gun registration scheme.

"Guns" only refers to bolt action rifles used exclusively for target practice and hunting game or curios pre-dating 1898. Pistols of any kind, semiautomatic or auto loading repeating firearms of any configuration, and firearms that hold more than 10 rounds are not 'guns' according to this definition.

So, as you can see, Obama wasnt liar. You just read it wrong.;)

CCWFacts
11-09-2008, 8:47 AM
Fracking liar.

Actually it's true. Gun confiscation isn't on anyone's agenda.

What's on the agenda are bans of new sales of AWs, and perhaps even attempts to ban CCW. So he's being factually accurate when he says, "I'm not going to take away your guns". He's being deceptive without actually lying.

Wolfpack331
11-09-2008, 1:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLogan
BHO is freaking liar.

He's also our new boss.

Why why why why why WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!

What are they thinking?

This place is a ****hole...ok, i agree... and now theyre gonna bring me home to one? I'd rather have to come back here a few more times.

Someone read a damn history book PLEASE!

Soldier415
11-09-2008, 2:00 PM
You forgot to parse the statement. The validity of his promise is contingent upon the definition of "your" and "guns"

"Your" is a pronoun defining a specific subset of sportsmen and hunters, over 18, duly vetted by a licensing system (which excludes felons, those who have been adjudicated by the court as insane, or those under the influence of drugs alcohol or hold the belief in "Constitutional rights".) and participants in a gun registration scheme.

"Guns" only refers to bolt action rifles used exclusively for target practice and hunting game or curios pre-dating 1898. Pistols of any kind, semiautomatic or auto loading repeating firearms of any configuration, and firearms that hold more than 10 rounds are not 'guns' according to this definition.

So, as you can see, Obama wasnt liar. You just read it wrong.;)

you have been hanging out with slick willy way too much

M. Sage
11-09-2008, 3:32 PM
One of my 'future projects' is to take an LH bolt action, buy a 7.62 barrel separately, cut the barrel down to 12in, then mount the barrel to the action so as to have my own bullpup pistol. I'm told that it must be done in that order. To take a barreled action (already a rifle) & then cut it down is illegal. But if one starts with separate parts, cuts first & then assembles, its legal. The article in Guns & Ammo that lead me to buy the Bushmaster mentioned that the USAF had actually made such a thing & that firing it wasn't as bad as you might think. Given what some are using on the silhouette range, it isn't even all that outrageous.

The Raisuli

You either have to start with a handgun receiver or manufacture a handgun receiver. A rifle receiver, even if it's virgin, won't fly.

HeyZeus
11-09-2008, 5:58 PM
He's also our new boss. :sleeping:

Our Boss? He is supposed to work for us not over us.

dlouie87
11-09-2008, 6:21 PM
i guess i should sell my m1a and ar's soon :S

Mulay El Raisuli
11-10-2008, 8:37 AM
You either have to start with a handgun receiver or manufacture a handgun receiver. A rifle receiver, even if it's virgin, won't fly.

The law may have changed since I first though this up. OTOH, how sure are you about this?

The Raisuli

6172crew
11-10-2008, 10:33 AM
++1 The BF term is used in the Marine Corps as well, I think is should be applied to I am waiting for our obama supporting friends on this board who told us he didn't want to take away our guns or re-enact the AWB to chime in here...

<crickets>

<tumbleweeds>