PDA

View Full Version : anvil arms

shodog805
11-06-2008, 8:54 PM
so i was in one of the treads and noticed a lot of people talking about anvil arms. now i went on their web site and noticed they had lowers for sale at a really good price for what looked like a real quality product. their engraving was top notch in my opinion. my question to all my fellow cal-gunners is has anyone acually built on one of these lowers and how was you experiance? im looking for some feedback from people before i actually go to order any parts from them even though they look like a really solid company. any thoughts are apreciated.:)

shark92651
11-06-2008, 9:06 PM
They should be fine. The real question is... do they have any to sell you?

kakpataka
11-06-2008, 9:21 PM
here is mine before the paint job recently..............
the finish is really nice, black teflon and a logo of your choice.
Mention Calguns and you can also get the selector markings in white only.
Jon is the owner and very helpful.
A friend FFL of mine just recently bought 40 or so registered ar15 pistol
lowers from him & he is almost out of em.
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm77/kakapataka/DSC01021x-1.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm77/kakapataka/DSC00835-1.jpg

shodog805
11-06-2008, 9:24 PM
[
A friend FFL of mine just recently bought 40 or so lowers from him & he is already
out of em.
[/QUOTE]

as shark said the hard part now will be getting one avail. so if anyone knows of one please let me know

kakpataka
11-06-2008, 9:35 PM
just call/email Jon......................depending on where u at, he can tell you if someone close to you has it or give him your FFL's info & he will send it there.

shodog805
11-06-2008, 9:44 PM
just went back to anvils web site and found that they are swamped like everyone else but i still sropped him an email and will wait to see what happens. big upps to jon though his website says they will not raise the price on lowers and will honor the price they had for the last sixty days. now thats a stand up guy:)( not like the other retailers/ manufacturers that jumped at the oppertunity to gouge the market when they can):mad:

rabagley
11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I just got three lowers with installed LPK's from them. Very nice engraving, nice precision machining, nice tight fit with all of my uppers, I'm a very happy customer.

No pics at the moment though. Sorry about that.

kakpataka
11-06-2008, 10:17 PM
just went back to anvils web site and found that they are swamped like everyone else but i still sropped him an email and will wait to see what happens. big upps to jon though his website says they will not raise the price on lowers and will honor the price they had for the last sixty days. now thats a stand up guy:)( not like the other retailers/ manufacturers that jumped at the oppertunity to gouge the market when they can):mad:

make sure you email him the logo that you want. they have a link to the grahpic library I think.

shodog805
11-06-2008, 10:19 PM
thank you for all the info and i know this is off topic but does anyone know of anybody selling blem uppers. i am trying to get away with a realy cheap build on one of the rifles im building.;)

kakpataka
11-06-2008, 10:31 PM
thank you for all the info and i know this is off topic but does anyone know of anybody selling blem uppers. i am trying to get away with a realy cheap build on one of the rifles im building.;)

Are you looking for a complete upper or just the upper recever?

shodog805
11-06-2008, 10:33 PM
comple upper would be better as i dont realy want to hassel to much with this one

kakpataka
11-06-2008, 10:44 PM
comple upper would be better as i dont realy want to hassel to much with this one
Ive heard of stripped uppers for 48.00 but not the complete upper assembly.
do you mean it to include bolt & carrier? A3/A4 or A2 style?
anything other than A2 means you will have to buy a rear sight or removable carry handle. What is your price range?

Have you tried gunbroker etc?

shodog805
11-07-2008, 8:20 AM
I would like it to have bolt, charging handle,and carrier group but I would settle for just an upper reciever. I wouldn't want a blem barrel that kinda defeats the purpose of a long gun(long range accuracy). I have been looking at gun broker but nothing yet. Any one know if the gun show this weekend might have them.

beast556
11-07-2008, 8:36 AM
Armalite was selling blemished uppers. I don't know if they still have any you might wanna check them out.

MrLogan
11-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Anvil lowers look to be quality.