PDA

View Full Version : 3 years of OLL.

artherd
11-06-2008, 7:10 PM
I was looking through some old files the other day, and I ran across a copy of this letter. It's been over 3 years ago that I helped bring OLLs to the forefront in CA.

I'm thinking of having a party on year 5 what do you guys think? ;)

http://cdglobal.net/gun/AR_4-blur-crop-600.jpg

http://cdglobal.net/gun/CTR-02-DOJ-legal.jpg

Edit per request: Link to above picture (http://cdglobal.net/gun/CTR-02-DOJ-legal.jpg)

oaklander
11-06-2008, 7:26 PM
Well played, Ben!

Alison is probably STILL kicking herself for writing that. . .

Little did she know that she would unleash a monster, with probably over 100,000 lowers sold so far (probably much more). . .

:D

hoffmang
11-06-2008, 7:27 PM
Here is a prediction. Featured AR-15's bought after 2006 at the 5 year party!

-Gene

savageevo
11-06-2008, 7:29 PM
I need a copy of that letter. I do not have that in my binder, anyway you can put up a link so I can download it. thanks

G17GUY
11-06-2008, 7:29 PM
Good job Artherd, :party:

ke6guj
11-06-2008, 7:32 PM
I need a copy of that letter. I do not have that in my binder, anyway you can put up a link so I can download it. thanks

Right-Click > Save Picture As..

CalNRA
11-06-2008, 7:33 PM
well done Sir. Thank you for the work to start the OLL movement.

artherd
11-06-2008, 7:35 PM
Well played, Ben!
Little did she know that she would unleash a monster, with probably over 100,000 lowers sold so far (probably much more). . .

Thanks Kevin! It took me 2 years to get that letter out of DOJ... well worth the wait I have to say :)

Here is a prediction. Featured AR-15's bought after 2006 at the 5 year party!

-Gene
Love it.

trashman
11-06-2008, 7:44 PM
I still prefer the napkins you handed out at BWO's dinner earlier this year!!!

--Neill

soopafly
11-06-2008, 8:10 PM
my suggestion:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=1670024&postcount=64

X-NewYawker
11-06-2008, 8:43 PM
God Bless you and thanks!

Hopi
11-06-2008, 8:53 PM
Allison needs to get an invitation to the 5-year!!!

rayra
11-06-2008, 9:03 PM
I think by year five we'll be criminalized by an Obama adminstration and Demokrat-led congress for not turning them in for destruction.
But I say keep buying and building. We're going to need them.

dwtt
11-06-2008, 9:43 PM
I still prefer the napkins you handed out at BWO's dinner earlier this year!!!

--Neill
I liked that napkin, but now I can't find mine. :(

hoffmang
11-06-2008, 9:49 PM
I liked that napkin, but now I can't find mine. :(

This one?

http://www.hoffmang.com/albums/firearms/IMG_0235.sized.jpg

I think the Milpitas Lower adds a nice touch...

-Gene

M. Sage
11-06-2008, 10:35 PM
The napkins were just another great part of a great party that night!

I love how our server remembered us at the Hellerbration. We must have made a heck of an impression! :43:

ldivinag
11-06-2008, 10:57 PM
hee hee...

wow... i can still remember the "2 weeks" deal and scrambling to find a single stag lower...

ahhhh....

Seesm
11-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Your a good man... thanks.

Ford8N
11-07-2008, 4:50 AM
I was looking through some old files the other day, and I ran across a copy of this letter. It's been over 3 years ago that I helped bring OLLs to the forefront in CA.

I'm thinking of having a party on year 5 what do you guys think? ;)

http://cdglobal.net/gun/AR_4-blur-crop-600.jpg

http://cdglobal.net/gun/CTR-02-DOJ-legal.jpg

Edit per request: Link to above picture (http://cdglobal.net/gun/CTR-02-DOJ-legal.jpg)

:patriot:

You and the others from the beginning have cost me a lot of money....but it's fun.:43:

Seriously, I would invite Alison. Her name was used to convince a lot of reluctant FFL's, in and out of state, to help this movement. Heck, here we are three years later and I've noticed one of the Fudmiester FFL dealers I know will now order stripped AR receivers. He was one of the original "everyone is going to jail" old coot's.:p

cadurand
11-07-2008, 6:31 PM
Wow, have 100,000 OLL's really been brought into the state?

That's impressive by itself.

I purchased two in Milpitas. I'm pretty much a pistol guy but I figured I'd buy them just because I could. They're still sitting in my safe.

outersquare
11-07-2008, 6:54 PM
thank you sir

Spaniard
11-07-2008, 6:56 PM
Well played, Ben!

And how would you know? I don't know anything about the woman, so perhaps she is a big gun grabber? Perhaps she is a true patriot that throws phoney jabs and some cat calls once in awhile to make it look good. Who really knows and she may believe in law abiding citizens owning these Firearms.

I don't know myself, but this woman is a Deputy AG, that means something.

I'm just saying you never know. Just like there are probably real hard core gun grabbers on this website cruising. Sure they may call themselves Bad Dude II, long live the Founding Fathers; "From my dead cold hands" etc. and some may think yeah he's one of us. Because they talk the talk doesn't mean they walk the walk. Some do yes, not all.

Just saying you never know. I believe there are good people in high places and are willing to make mistakes to serve the greater good. They have it real hard, they have to work around real gun haters and still have to look the part.

Mark

tenpercentfirearms
11-07-2008, 8:05 PM
And how would you know? I don't know anything about the woman...

You don't know the woman is correct. We have been working against her for three years now. She is no friend of guns or gun owners.

383green
11-07-2008, 8:19 PM
You don't know the woman is correct. We have been working against her for three years now. She is no friend of guns or gun owners.

Furthermore, her incompetence doesn't appear to show signs of being deliberate. ;)

uglygun
11-07-2008, 8:36 PM
I bet somewhere on my harddrive I've got the images of the first batch of Fulton AR15 lowers that were supposed to get to Wes and then were suddenly recalled at the very last second.

I worked at UPS during the time all this was going down and had my hands on those boxes having to reluctantly pull them off the delivery truck and put them in the office. I took pictures and sent them to Wes while we discussed the whole thing. Didn't post anything about it due to the sensitivity of the issues at the time.

One of my old machines probably still has those pictures.

Turbinator
11-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Ben, thanks for doing what you did. You've made history in CA, and the benefits have reached far and wide. Few can claim such a profound impact as you can.

Turby

berg
11-07-2008, 11:18 PM
And how would you know? I don't know anything about the woman, so perhaps she is a big gun grabber?
Mark

NEWBIE alert!:cool2:

DedEye
11-08-2008, 2:11 AM
And how would you know? I don't know anything about the woman, so perhaps she is a big gun grabber? Perhaps she is a true patriot that throws phoney jabs and some cat calls once in awhile to make it look good. Who really knows and she may believe in law abiding citizens owning these Firearms.

Fail. Just... fail.

artherd
11-08-2008, 4:24 AM
And how would you know?
Mark

Mark - she tried (and failed) to have me prosecuted. Really ought to have known better.

-Ben.

artherd
11-08-2008, 4:26 AM
I worked at UPS during the time all this was going down and had my hands on those boxes having to reluctantly pull them off the delivery truck and put them in the office.

Toooo funny! I ultimately helped bring those same lowers back into California a few months later <whistles>.

Oddly enough - the only crimes committed in the entire OLL events, may have been on the part of Alison and/or Fulton...

uglygun
11-08-2008, 1:53 PM
Toooo funny! I ultimately helped bring those same lowers back into California a few months later <whistles>.

Oddly enough - the only crimes committed in the entire OLL events, may have been on the part of Alison and/or Fulton...

Yeah, when wes comes back from hunting maybe he'll hop in on this point. Gonna be out there tomorrow and maybe I'll leave him a note at the shop telling him to look around for the pictures.

Temptation was a harsh misteress that morning when I knew just how many lowers were in the boxes I pulled.

M. Sage
11-08-2008, 3:06 PM

I'm just saying you never know. Just like there are probably real hard core gun grabbers on this website cruising. Sure they may call themselves Bad Dude II, long live the Founding Fathers; "From my dead cold hands" etc. and some may think yeah he's one of us. Because they talk the talk doesn't mean they walk the walk. Some do yes, not all.

Just saying you never know. I believe there are good people in high places and are willing to make mistakes to serve the greater good. They have it real hard, they have to work around real gun haters and still have to look the part.

Mark

A: We know because we've seen the letter to Ben where she tried - in a last ditch effort - to have him admit (without legal culpability) that he was acting as an unlicensed dealer in the group buy and agree to allowing the lowers to be destroyed. Lowers he didn't even own, so there was no way he could agree to that.

B: We've seen internal memos and emails from her through Public Records Act requests (PRARs) showing her anti-gun bias.

C: We've seen at least one email exchange between Allison and an anti-gunner plotting against the OLL movement, and referencing Calguns threads obtained through the same source... because she was using her DOJ email account to do that.

D: All the insane FUD coming from her office. Things like the attempt at redefining a detachable magazine (which some still think is true).

E: Antis cruising Calguns? You think? How about local, state and federal law enforcement?

sorensen440
11-08-2008, 8:15 PM
party on 5 year?
why not on 3?

DedEye
11-08-2008, 8:50 PM
Who received the very first OLL letter? Was it elmo, blackrazor, or you?

Excellent idea. Only people that have an OLL bought before February of 2006 will be admitted (serial numbers on the lower or photocopy of DROS form will be checked at the door).

No, don't discriminate against everyone else, just setup a "high table" for the original buyers :).

capitol
11-08-2008, 8:54 PM
nothing like you keep telling us about it

ArmedWolf
11-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Sigh, and my stag receiver still sits as a fetus in my safe with no parts.

artherd
11-09-2008, 3:12 AM
Who received the very first OLL letter? Was it elmo, blackrazor, or you?

I was not the first to DROS, but I was the first to publish. :) It would be my vision that everyone who appreciates OLLs will be welcome to attend.

party on 5 year?
why not on 3?

Now you're talking my language! When was the SJ gunshow (TWO WEEKS!)

nothing like you keep telling us about it

What u talking about willis?