PDA

View Full Version : Vacaville oll friendly shops?

IH8CALAWS
11-06-2008, 2:18 PM
Is there any?

kdm
11-06-2008, 2:20 PM
The only shop left in Vacaville is Guns Fishing and Other Stuff. They're not OLL friendly. Hell, they're not friendly on any level. :mad:

IH8CALAWS
11-06-2008, 2:21 PM
What about surrounding areas?

Saigon1965
11-06-2008, 2:26 PM
I'll second that -

The only shop left in Vacaville is Guns Fishing and Other Stuff. They're not OLL friendly. Hell, they're not friendly on any level. :mad:

Barbarossa
11-06-2008, 2:28 PM
They were friendly when I was paying for my XD.

10 days later they "did me a favor" and "let" me pick it up.

Their excuse was that they couldn't release the weapon to me within 2 hours of closing.

After a drive from the tri-valley, that didn't work for me.

Saigon1965
11-06-2008, 2:31 PM
We showed up to do a PPT - He looked at the clock and said this is a no go because it was 1 hour before his break - And he didn't want it to delay his break - WTF? over -

They were friendly when I was paying for my XD.

10 days later they "did me a favor" and "let" me pick it up.

Their excuse was that they couldn't release the weapon to me within 2 hours of closing.

After a drive from the tri-valley, that didn't work for me.

jlh95811
11-06-2008, 8:04 PM
I also went there for a PPT. Both parties arrived about 1pm. We were told they could not do it til 4pm as they are busy at this time.

One guy was busy eating an apple and the other was busy watching him eat the apple :(

Barbarossa
11-07-2008, 9:19 AM
I also went there for a PPT. Both parties arrived about 1pm. We were told they could not do it til 4pm as they are busy at this time.

One guy was busy eating an apple and the other was busy watching him eat the apple :(

Thats too funny.

I will have to say this for their shop. I was undecided between .40 and .45, and they sent me to the basement, and let me shoot 25 rounds through each pistol.

Really made a difference being able to shoot the rental gun before making my decision.

J_Rock
11-07-2008, 9:23 AM
Thats too funny.

I will have to say this for their shop. I was undecided between .40 and .45, and they sent me to the basement, and let me shoot 25 rounds through each pistol.

Really made a difference being able to shoot the rental gun before making my decision.

Its not funny its pathetic. Stop giving them your money

PLINK
11-07-2008, 9:39 AM
Do NOT plan on doing a PPT at Guns Fishing and Other Stuff.

They may or may not do it. They seem to have all kinds of reasons for not doing PPTs, I am actually wondering how may they actually do.

I have been there once. First impression not so good. I doubt I will ever go back there again.

Soldier415
11-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Come on over to Bullseye in san rafael. Not too bad of a drive and a good selection of OLLs at good prices.

See our vendor forum here on calguns for more info.

Dan

Nuuze
11-07-2008, 12:35 PM
I pretty much stopped going to Guns Fishing and Other Stuff. Some of their staff is cool, not sure if they still work their or not. They refused a PPT for me and a buddy on a Saturday. The salesman with white hair said no, they no longer do PPT on weekends because the are too busy. They don't want to do my our PPT and risk loosing a full sale on a new gun. So I will never go back there. I'll go and support the friendly stores listed here instead, even if I have to drive an hour.

DedEye
11-07-2008, 2:06 PM
Come on over to Bullseye in san rafael. Not too bad of a drive and a good selection of OLLs at good prices.

See our vendor forum here on calguns for more info.

Dan

Hey, it's my job to post that! :p

Beat me to it :).

Soldier415
11-07-2008, 3:31 PM
Hey, it's my job to post that! :p

Beat me to it :).

I may be getting ready to go get shot at, but I still work for Bullseye ;)