PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Own A WASR-10

nrakid88
11-06-2008, 1:08 PM
I read online that they were origanally designed for single stack mags, and when they switched to double stack, they screwed up and made the mag wells to big on some of the Wasr-10's so there are lots of feeding problems... is this ture? Anyone own a WASR-10 that can comment on this? I want an AK and for my price range and whats available, these seem like the only choice

marxdspot
11-06-2008, 1:13 PM
I owned a couple of WASR-10's. Now I only own one only because I had to thin the herd. They aren't that bad considering how much you could get them for. Of the five that I've owned and used, NONE had feeding problems. One of them did have a cant and another had that nasty trigger slap, and those are really the only complaints that I have. I suggest purchasing one from Henderson Defense if they have anymore of their certified WASR's left. They "certify", through themselves, of any cant in the sight and/or gas block and you could also talk to them about the mag well. They'll take care of you. Hope this helps.

shark92651
11-06-2008, 1:57 PM
I have one, it feeds fine with double-stack mags. I have one of the Century Arms models. I've tried both steel and polymer promag magazines.

edward
11-06-2008, 3:17 PM
I have one, and with the limited experience I've had with it its been fine.
My one gripe is the shepherds pin that raps around the hammer and trigger pins and the selector lever.
It came loose after I shot a few rounds through it when I first got it and it caused the trigger pin to keep walking out. Fixing it was a royal pain in the ***. After that no problem functioning. There is a very slight bit of mag well wobble on mine with surplus romanian mags, which are the only ones I have tried. The sights are straight and there isn't any trigger slap.

The WASR was one of the first guns I bought this year, but if I may give some advice, save your money a bit longer for a better AK. After the fees/taxes involved with buying the gun (I bought it for $489 I believe) it came to about $580-590.
For $200 more I could have had a Lancaster AK, and a few months ago I wound up buying an AK-103 from Henderson Defense for $800 plus fees.

When buying AKs an extra $200 or so will get you an infinitely better looking and feeling gun.
Good luck.

nrakid88
11-06-2008, 4:17 PM
Thanks, I am actually thinking about going hungarian or waiting for yugo m70's to become available again