PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Conversion Maglocks?

yasushi
11-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Just picked up a sporting conversion maglock and I'm confused as to how this thing gets installed. It just consists of two parts, a plastic button (that resembles a mag release button) with a threaded hole that's larger than the thread on the mag catch, and a nut that's threaded to fit mag catch. No spring, spring or other parts were included.

Do I just replace the standard spring & mag release button with the plastic button and secure it with a nut? If so, then wouldn't just a spacer and a nut do the same thing?

Did a quick search here and on the web but not much came up. Also left a message at the Sporting Conversion but still waiting for the return call.

Anyone out there have a picture of how thing looks like installed?

Jicko
11-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Do I just replace the standard spring & mag release button with the plastic button and secure it with a nut? If so, then wouldn't just a spacer and a nut do the same thing?

YES. exactly.

69Mach1
11-06-2008, 1:01 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j258/FIVESIXTN/DSC03522.jpg

Remove the spring and button. Install the pastic part first and then screw down the nut onto the end of the mag release.

yasushi
11-06-2008, 1:07 PM
Man that was fast. I've installed it and seems to work but being used to BB & P50 this thing looks a bit odd.

Thanks for your help.

69Mach1
11-06-2008, 1:10 PM
That is not a bullet button type lock. You have to top load with that one. If you stick with that type of loading, then you can cut the mag release down a little, and cut a hole in the platic filler so that the nut is flush with the side of the receiver.