PDA

View Full Version : DPMS or Stag Arms?

luv2shoot
11-05-2008, 9:02 PM
I'm trying to determine, from those who have owned either, which is the better rifle the DPMS Panther SDM-R or the Stag Arms Model 6. I know the Stag claims .5 MOA but that aside, what is the difference in quality, fit, finish, etc? I want a fixed A2 stock, heavier barrel, and was leaning toward the DPMS but haven't heard a lot about their quality. How are they?

I think the Stag Model 6 just looks like it would be too big and too heavy out front (unbalanced). Also, are there other rifles similar to the DPMS SDM style from other quality manufacturers I should consider? I like the 20" free float barrel, bipod, etc. I'm NOT looking for a carbine.

Since I'm in CA, it will also have to be something I can buy CA legal (like through LAN World Inc) or similar but be capable of being restored back to it's normal function should I move out of state. I'm looking to buy a complete rifle, not build one. I may build my 2nd, but with my first I want to buy it complete.

gsxr600booya
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
i have an all stag ar right now and love it not a single hiccup

Jpach
11-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I woud go with DPMS but last time I checked, theres like a 6-8 month lead time if you order direct. Check Lanworld, I think they have a good amount of DPMS uppers and whatnot

Ballistic043
11-06-2008, 4:49 AM
DPMS rifles are not really in the same league as stag.

here's a chart going over the basics of each rifle from each major manufacturer.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/713/080527arcomparisonchartnp2.jpg

now, given the fact that the chart is alittle outdated, it is not 100 percent accurate but it does give you a relative idea of what direction to go in

Solidsnake87
11-06-2008, 8:25 AM
Stag has a lifetime warraty. That should make up your mind nicely.

XCR4000
11-25-2008, 9:39 AM
I just order the stag h6--- so i should get it mid december... I will let you know what i think when i get mine..... :)

SC_Chewy
11-26-2008, 7:03 AM
S you posted this in the pics section why?!?!?!?!?!?!