View Full Version : DPMS or Stag Arms?

11-05-2008, 9:02 PM
I'm trying to determine, from those who have owned either, which is the better rifle the DPMS Panther SDM-R or the Stag Arms Model 6. I know the Stag claims .5 MOA but that aside, what is the difference in quality, fit, finish, etc? I want a fixed A2 stock, heavier barrel, and was leaning toward the DPMS but haven't heard a lot about their quality. How are they?

I think the Stag Model 6 just looks like it would be too big and too heavy out front (unbalanced). Also, are there other rifles similar to the DPMS SDM style from other quality manufacturers I should consider? I like the 20" free float barrel, bipod, etc. I'm NOT looking for a carbine.

Since I'm in CA, it will also have to be something I can buy CA legal (like through LAN World Inc) or similar but be capable of being restored back to it's normal function should I move out of state. I'm looking to buy a complete rifle, not build one. I may build my 2nd, but with my first I want to buy it complete.

11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
i have an all stag ar right now and love it not a single hiccup

11-06-2008, 12:10 AM
I woud go with DPMS but last time I checked, theres like a 6-8 month lead time if you order direct. Check Lanworld, I think they have a good amount of DPMS uppers and whatnot

11-06-2008, 4:49 AM
DPMS rifles are not really in the same league as stag.

here's a chart going over the basics of each rifle from each major manufacturer.

now, given the fact that the chart is alittle outdated, it is not 100 percent accurate but it does give you a relative idea of what direction to go in

11-06-2008, 8:25 AM
Stag has a lifetime warraty. That should make up your mind nicely.

11-25-2008, 9:39 AM
I just order the stag h6--- so i should get it mid december... I will let you know what i think when i get mine..... :)

11-26-2008, 7:03 AM
S you posted this in the pics section why?!?!?!?!?!?!