PDA

View Full Version : AR SBR/Pistol

bigbob76
11-05-2008, 8:38 PM
My real interest is an AR pistol but I figured this is the forum with AR experience. To save time please just assume that I can have an AR pistol. Can anybody direct me to a complete pistol upper package that I can buy and shoot without tweaking/tuning it. Please just experience not opinions, thanks.

Frijolito1988
11-05-2008, 8:43 PM
What do you mean tweaking tuning ?

search gunbrokers, tons of pistol uppers and cheap

TheMan
11-05-2008, 9:18 PM
I had zero problems with the Model 1 pistol upper and a carbine length buffer tube.

bwiese
11-05-2008, 10:43 PM
My real interest is an AR pistol but I figured this is the forum with AR experience. To save time please just assume that I can have an AR pistol. Can anybody direct me to a complete pistol upper package that I can buy and shoot without tweaking/tuning it. Please just experience not opinions, thanks.

I'm trying to read between the lines of your posting.

The issue for most folks is that they cannot get pistol lowers since pistols generally must be Rostered when purchased thru an FFL - unless PPT'd to you from another Californian, or you're an LEO, or you get a complete exempt single-shot pistol imported to your FFL.

In case you don't know this, if you already own an AR rifle and/or loewr, you do not want to buy a pistol/shorty upper until you own a pistol or pistol lower (or you risk 'constructive possession' of an illegal SBR under both state and Fed law).

bigbob76
11-06-2008, 4:08 AM
What do you mean tweaking tuning ?

search gunbrokers, tons of pistol uppers and cheap

I mean that there seems to be a lot of people talking about what they had to do to get AR pistols to run right.

AJAX22
11-06-2008, 7:18 AM
Get an ZM weapons 14inch upper, they run extremly well.