View Full Version : I have all my parts.. My retro build is almost here

11-05-2008, 6:13 PM
So, my retro AR build is almost complete. I pickup my lower from JK Supply Friday. I just bought this upper off auction-arms.com:

So here is the build specs:
NoDak Spud NDS-16A1 Lower
Colt AR Surplus Upper
Pro-Mag 10/20
Bullet Button
DoubleStar Lower Parts kit Naval Jelly'd to gray.
A1 Buttstock & Pistol Grip from Moore Militaria
Buffer, Buffer Tube, & Spring from blackrifleworks.com
Bolt Carrier Assembly from AR15.com's EE
USGI Bolt, cam pin, firing pin, and retaining pin from Blackrifleworks.com
Charging Handle from Blackrifleworks.com

So, pics will be up as soon as it all comes together. I sent out the money order today for the upper, so I should see it sometime next week.

Man I see what you guys are talking about with this whole BRD thing, I think I may have the illness.

11-05-2008, 7:44 PM
Very cool

11-06-2008, 8:19 AM
Nice list of goodies. Those uppers look great. I got my upper from OOW. Naval Jelly huh? Did that work on the trigger guard too? I heard about that but haven't tried the stuff yet.

I just ordered all my needed parts from Armalite (Bolt/carrier, buffer tube, buffer, spring, LPK, charging handle). But the charging handle and trigger guard are black and really stand out so i'm going to send them to US Anodizing to get them to do the XM Grey that NDS does.

11-06-2008, 8:50 PM
Naval Jelly didnt work on the trigger guard, I didnt try it on the charging handle, I am going to send them to US anodizing and have them done in the XM grey as well.

11-07-2008, 9:27 PM
Lower is built....

11-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Dude retro builds rule! Shoulda had the mag release guard rail milled off but its still gonna be awesome!