PDA

View Full Version : Well everyone was right!! LOWERS UP IN PRICE AND GOING FAST!!!!

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 1:01 PM
I was just at one of calgunners favorite shops and Lowers went up from $130.00 to $165 and the place was a zoo!!!! I also called Ammo bros and there up in price on Lowers from $160.00 to $189.00 and there sold out but have one more shipment coming in a week of 30 lowers and there mostley all taken!! Im sure the shop I went to will be sold out by the end of the day if not already and there distributers have no more in stock and do not know when there will be more!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT the FUD is going around and everyone is buying up everything and the sellers are going to take advantage of it!! I was fortunate enough because of the good guys at the shop I went to i was able to get 2 STAG lowers 1 marked 6.8 and 1 marked 5.56 even though they are the same Lower I wanted mine marked for each cal!!! I cant beleive the election is screwing everything up this bad it will probably be hard now for others to get lowers I knew this was going to happen I just dident want to belive it !!!!! Another sad day for calgunners:(

Darklyte27
11-05-2008, 1:11 PM
The election isnt the problem, its the reaction of shops cashing in on "fear" of consumers, like the world is going to end or something..

Scare the people enough they will do anything, like back in the late show with carson daly, the nation was told there was a shortage of toilet paper and every one went out and bought some!!

Im going to hold of untill the prices drp again to get my M1A

X-NewYawker
11-05-2008, 1:11 PM
Remember what an HK 91 was worth after the AWB?
I'm thankful to have discovered Calguns and OLL when I did.

Cypriss32
11-05-2008, 1:12 PM
What a joke.....

mossy
11-05-2008, 1:16 PM
i wanted to get somthing in 7.62x39 looks like i will have to hold off till the fire dies down.....

civilsnake
11-05-2008, 1:20 PM
I was afraid of this happening. It seems pretty shameless to me that gun stores are willing to exploit this for a little extra profit.

trinydex
11-05-2008, 1:21 PM
how fast will the new awb be put in? and how long will it take to defeat in court?

nobs11
11-05-2008, 1:28 PM
how fast will the new awb be put in? and how long will it take to defeat in court?

2 weeks.

It will be a permanent ban. Will never be defeated! Go buy some guns now!!

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 2:04 PM
You guys should have seen it!!! was almost like the last gallon of water at the store during KATRINA

-hanko
11-05-2008, 2:16 PM
I was just at one of calgunners favorite shops and Lowers went up from $130.00 to $165 and the place was a zoo!!!!
Which shop??

With or without the election, I scored 2 Armalite lowers 3 months ago and 2 CMMG's ($114 each) last month.

-hanko

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 2:18 PM
Which shop??

With or without the election, I scored 2 Armalite lowers 3 months ago -hanko

HHMMM...ARMALITE.....that was in IDAHO right......;)

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 2:21 PM
We need one of those poles to see who remembers 99-94-89 gun ban runs.....

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 2:31 PM
I will say this CWS does have the best prices during the dark times AS USUAL!!! THANKS PIRATE!!!

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 2:34 PM
I will say this CWS does have the best prices during the dark times AS USUAL!!! THANKS PIRATE!!!

We try.....;)

stphnman20
11-05-2008, 2:36 PM
Hey Pirate,
hope you'll have lowers in the Glendale show.. I'm going to get 2 CMMG lowers.. Hope there still $120..

Heavy_Grinder
11-05-2008, 2:37 PM
The election isnt the problem, its the reaction of shops cashing in on "fear" of consumers, like the world is going to end or something..

SO TRUE! It's almost laughable now. All these threads with people buying 2 or 3 lowers......'FOR WHAT!??!!?

People, for those members who can remember the OLL buying frenzy of late 2006, this is like deja vu.

Listen folks, Hussein Obama has a lot more on his plate when he takes office. Guns and the AWB will probably be at the bottom of his 'to do list'

grammaton76
11-05-2008, 2:39 PM
I was afraid of this happening. It seems pretty shameless to me that gun stores are willing to exploit this for a little extra profit.

I suppose you think that when the manufacturers jack the dealers' prices up overnight because they can't make up for demand, the dealers should keep the old prices they paid for the merchandise without considering how much it's going to cost them to replace it?

Hey, I've got this 1000 rounds of 9mm that I bought for $50 a number of years ago, maybe I should resell it to folks for that huh? No - for one thing if I ever get that stupid, Sal's first in line (made me promise), and for another thing I'm not gonna get that stupid. :)

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 2:42 PM
Hey Pirate,
hope you'll have lowers in the Glendale show.. I'm going to get 2 CMMG lowers.. Hope there still $120..

I can say w/ absolute certainty....that they won't be 120....sorry...

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 2:50 PM
I suppose you think that when the manufacturers jack the dealers' prices up overnight because they can't make up for demand, the dealers should keep the old prices they paid for the merchandise without considering how much it's going to cost them to replace it?

Hey, I've got this 1000 rounds of 9mm that I bought for $50 a number of years ago, maybe I should resell it to folks for that huh? No - for one thing if I ever get that stupid, Sal's first in line (made me promise), and for another thing I'm not gonna get that stupid. :) WELL SAID!!!! we all expected a price increase!! the difference is the shops who increase there prices to match what the manufactures price increase is and the ones who increase it that much and another 20% !!!! LIKE $190 for a stag lower thats just crazy

RECCE556
11-05-2008, 2:57 PM
Why are you guys getting mad about the prices? I saw this coming as did many others so I stocked up before hand. There's probably going to be a run NATIONWIDE so why wouldn't CA dealers charge more? They may not be able to replace their inventory...

As much as many here hate metroshot, I bought some LRB lowers from them last week. They still had some as of Tuesday...

Mark One
11-05-2008, 3:24 PM
Glad I got mine when I did

AaronHorrocks
11-05-2008, 3:26 PM
This is why I bought two more lowers and 2,000 rounds just before Nov 4, 2008. :)

Failing to Plan, is Planning to Fail.

AaronHorrocks
11-05-2008, 3:28 PM

When was the last time prices dropped on a semi-auto?

:nuts:

s2000news
11-05-2008, 3:30 PM
Just picked up two lowers at $90 a piece.

On election night. LOL

DedEye
11-05-2008, 3:32 PM
Plenty of M1As, ARs, lowers and Saigas at Bullseye and we haven't raised our prices on our current inventory, despite being informed that prices have gone up from all the manufacturers/distributors.

Yet no one is buying them :confused:.

X-NewYawker
11-05-2008, 3:37 PM
I know some manufacturers are ADDING shifts to get product out before January 20th.

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 3:40 PM

On election night. LOL where?? and what brand??

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 3:42 PM
hi same here , i bought 3 stag lowers complete for 116 each, a 9mm upper, actually i bought like 5 ar's in the past couple months planning for this. i'm happy i did, i still need a milled ak47 though 2 of them

Which shop??

With or without the election, I scored 2 Armalite lowers 3 months ago and 2 CMMG's ($114 each) last month.

-hanko

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 3:43 PM
SO FAR....TODAY @ 1541.....blown through over a 100 LWRs and about 12 rifles....

We might have to impose limits on rcvrs or raise the prices more.....

As I have mentioned not one DISTRO or Manufacture has any instock....lwrs or rifles......

devildog999
11-05-2008, 3:44 PM
This is ridiculous

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 3:46 PM
This is ridiculous

Just wait till you plunk down a 1000 bucks for rifle.....you go and pick it up and the dealer will give you back the money cause he already sold it for twice what put the deposit down on.....

We don't do it but that's what'll happen......

civilsnake
11-05-2008, 4:07 PM

Did the manufacturers suddenly raise prices by 40%? And if they did, why? They're not doing it to keep people from making a run on their product. And Pirate14 has already mentioned that CWS might just raise their prices again. I say that's playing on people's fears for a buck.

nobs11
11-05-2008, 4:11 PM
Did the manufacturers suddenly raise prices by 40%? And if they did, why? They're not doing it to keep people from making a run on their product. And Pirate14 has already mentioned that CWS might just raise their prices again. I say that's playing on people's fears for a buck.

If people are dumb it is not the dealers/manufacturers fault. They are not running a non profit business. In this economy, everyone is going to try and make a buck.

grammaton76
11-05-2008, 4:24 PM
Did the manufacturers suddenly raise prices by 40%? And if they did, why? They're not doing it to keep people from making a run on their product.

No, the manufacturers are doing it to ensure that their limited stock sells for as much as it can. Do you remember 2005? Stag couldn't get enough receivers made to fill demand and they were constantly backordered, since they were sort of the "poster lower" of the OLL movement. Moreover, it was tough to get lowers made because there are only a few plants making 'em, and most of the manufacturers are just finishing the ones done by these plants. Now, consider this on a national scale and not just CA. Since the manufacturer KNOWS they're going to sell out and be backordered for who knows how long (because ALL the manufacturers are going to order at the same time, to the few plants out there)... what do you think is going to happen to the manufacturer's price on those things? BTW, if I recall correctly, based upon hearsay at the time, Stag dealer price rose around 30% when CA drained them of off-list lowers. The only thing keeping the price from going further was the control of listed receivers which CA couldn't draw on. There is NO SUCH CONTROL this time, the whole country is making a run on lowers and rifles.

Anyway... manufacturing is a nasty, dirty business when you're dealing with lowers under demand conditions like this. You pretty much have to BRIBE CMT or whoever to keep your lowers at their place in line, as other people are bribing them to work on theirs first. Yes, this raises the manufacturers' costs quite a bit on the next batch.

...before calling BS, do some reading on the late 2005 and early 2006 threads which addressed this issue. I recall the MGI threads really went in-depth about the issues which surround manufacturing lowers.

And Pirate14 has already mentioned that CWS might just raise their prices again. I say that's playing on people's fears for a buck.

Err, I assure you that when a distributor reads "0 in stock", the price tag associated with that item means nothing, and will be re-computed when next the gun is stocked. That's exactly what many of the distributors are currently reading for some of the neater things.

Everyone's going to be raising their prices. When you're gonna sell out whether you raise or lower it, and you know you're gonna fight other dealers in a bidding war for the next trickle of guns... it makes NO sense not to raise 'em and slow down the point of being sold out.

Black Majik
11-05-2008, 4:26 PM
I was just at one of calgunners favorite shops and Lowers went up from $130.00 to $165 and the place was a zoo!!!! I also called Ammo bros and there up in price on Lowers from $160.00 to $189.00 and there sold out but have one more shipment coming in a week of 30 lowers and there mostley all taken!! Im sure the shop I went to will be sold out by the end of the day if not already and there distributers have no more in stock and do not know when there will be more!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT the FUD is going around and everyone is buying up everything and the sellers are going to take advantage of it!! I was fortunate enough because of the good guys at the shop I went to i was able to get 2 STAG lowers 1 marked 6.8 and 1 marked 5.56 even though they are the same Lower I wanted mine marked for each cal!!! I cant beleive the election is screwing everything up this bad it will probably be hard now for others to get lowers I knew this was going to happen I just dident want to belive it !!!!! Another sad day for calgunners:(

That's a steal for lowers. Most of us paid $200+ when this whole OLL thing first started.

nick
11-05-2008, 4:34 PM
That's a steal for lowers. Most of us paid $200+ when this whole OLL thing first started.

So, to address some other poster, the prices on semiautos do go down :)

JOEKILLA
11-05-2008, 4:38 PM

I paid $210 for a Stag lower then :)

grammaton76
11-05-2008, 4:39 PM

...at a guy's back yard picnic table, freezing from the wind? :)

Black Majik
11-05-2008, 4:41 PM

That's pretty good. I remember mine were $225 each and I thought I did ok because it all went on one DROS. How gullible.. :D

trinydex
11-05-2008, 4:44 PM
how long will this bubble last? will quality go down?

grammaton76
11-05-2008, 4:47 PM
I expect in 3 months we'll start seeing things coming back down from the peak.

Quality WILL go down until the 'run on the manufacturers' is over. Just look at the early-2006 threads about the finish quality of the Stags being produced around that time.

Sam .223
11-05-2008, 4:50 PM
i just bought a double star yesterday but the election had very little to do with that, i've been planning on it and i was in the area of the store so i stopped in and bought it, it was 140.00.

dchang0
11-05-2008, 5:07 PM
It's kinda good that the prices are going up AND people are buying them up. Now, more Americans will have a sizeable amount of money tied up in their guns, which means that if and when the day comes that they try to take them away from us, it will be that much harder to let them do it.

A lot of my friends that own guns but that don't identify themselves with the pro-gun movement (in other words, they vote on other issues and assume guns will never be banned) would be more interested in protecting their investments when semi-autos cost $900+ and black rifles cost $1500+.

DedEye
11-05-2008, 5:30 PM
Good news from Bullseye: we're lowering prices on our lowers :43:.

PIRATE14
11-05-2008, 5:36 PM
I expect in 3 months we'll start seeing things coming back down from the peak.

Quality WILL go down until the 'run on the manufacturers' is over. Just look at the early-2006 threads about the finish quality of the Stags being produced around that time.

Well hard to tell if it will go down or just continue......AKs are dried up and so are ARs....

RRA was at 4 months already....

DPMS...STAG...to name a few already 20k rifles behind orders.....

Plus this isn't just a CALIFORNIA thing....it's the whole country....

I'm not trying to scare anyone.....just telling you like it is.....

Panic buyin hasn't even started yet.....

Cypriss32
11-05-2008, 5:44 PM
Everyones prices were raised allready, whos stupid enough not to. Im shure CWS will make there money along with everyone else in the country. We live in america stop Complaining about it. You dont like it, dont buy them.

Plebius15
11-05-2008, 6:04 PM
I was going to buy an OLL in January or February, but after reading this topic, I think I'll bump my schedule to as early as this Friday. Does anyone here know if Sierra Arms in Modesto has a good selection of OLL's?

MILLITIAof1
11-05-2008, 6:06 PM
screw the dealers who are price gouging, 80% lowers ftw!

tankerman
11-05-2008, 6:08 PM
I also called Ammo bros and there up in price on Lowers from $160.00 to $189.00 :(
That's not surprising:rolleyes: Did they tell you to buy an NcStar scope before those ran out too?

SVRider
11-05-2008, 6:08 PM
Wonder if the lower manufacturer will go back to the old AWB way to keep up with demand.....

Forged blocks of metal with serial numbers. After they are registered to you, send them back in for final machining and finish.

Yup....I remember '89, '94 (damn I feel old now). Paid a pretty penny for "pre-ban" lowers back then, not to mention the credit card bills I ran up buying hi-caps while they were still available.

Heck, Glock mags went up to $100 almost overnight.
When I found a brand new G23 for $450 with 3 mags, I said
"Hmmmm 3 mags with a spare Glock for $150....
:Ivan:

AR's, M1A's, ParaOrd mags.....heck, 32rnd 9mm AR mags ran me about $125 a piece. I spent lots of money in a very short time, but Money well spent looking back at it all now....

grammaton76
11-05-2008, 6:13 PM
screw the dealers who are price gouging, 80% lowers ftw!

*ROFL* Err, you're going to spend more on that 80% than you will on a 'price gouged' lower. Have you priced out all the stuff you need in order to complete one? Or factored in the possibility (not certainty, but possibility) of screwing up your 80% and having to get another?

BigBamBoo
11-05-2008, 6:13 PM

SVRider
11-05-2008, 6:15 PM
Wow...I ordered the rest of my parts for my lower a few days ago...me thinks I will jump on the scare-buy-now wagon and sell my completed rifle for a small mark up and put the money into another bolt gun or more TC barrels....

I know quite a few people who did the same back in '94.....they walked away with a lot of extra $$$

-hanko
11-05-2008, 6:21 PM
HHMMM...ARMALITE.....that was in IDAHO right......;)
Of course;).

And I can remember standing in line at a TX gun shop to get 3 SKS's and a couple of MAK-90's; the shop's radio was playing Congress voting on the Brady bill. I can also remember the freakout as Y2K approached.

Those who got their oll's, ammo, etc. when Obama's candidacy was announced did well, those who waited until now...:confused:

-hanko

MILLITIAof1
11-05-2008, 7:22 PM
*ROFL* Err, you're going to spend more on that 80% than you will on a 'price gouged' lower. Have you priced out all the stuff you need in order to complete one? Or factored in the possibility (not certainty, but possibility) of screwing up your 80% and having to get another?

:confused:
doing 80% deffinately work out to be cheap. sure the jig is pricey but once you build a few of them it deffinatley pays off.

xibunkrlilkidsx
11-05-2008, 7:55 PM
It ****ing sucks. im really kicking my self in the *** for not getting one a few months ago when i had a chance.

dchang0
11-05-2008, 8:00 PM
Why *did* people wait this late? Stripped lowers were so cheap a week ago that the reasoning: "Well, I'll just wait until Nov. 5th to see how it turns out so I can put off spending $100 till later." just doesn't make sense.

Now, they're having to spend $200 for one receiver instead of two--it's like they just gave up a second receiver by waiting one day.

Darklyte27
11-05-2008, 8:01 PM
budsgunshop 99$ shipped DS lower was 109$ and now 119$

joe_sun
11-05-2008, 8:15 PM
I've got 3 extra lowers sitting in my safe right now but man I feel the need to buy another with all this panic! ;)

Prc329
11-05-2008, 8:16 PM
Ammo bros has always been between $130 and $190 for lowers.

ZombieKiller
11-05-2008, 8:28 PM
Spikes lowers were $125 exactly twenty four hours ago....

At this very minute they are priced at $179.99.......

ZombieKiller
11-05-2008, 8:29 PM

Mssr. Eleganté
11-05-2008, 8:32 PM
OMG!!!

It is getting CRAZY!

I just had to pay $700 to get two stripped lowers!

That's $350 per lower, and doesn't even include shipping, DROS or dealer fees! :mad:

Well, at least I'll have them before the ban.

And at least they are Noveske N-6 lowers. :p

lazuris
11-05-2008, 8:38 PM
I find the panic buying absurd. Obama still has 2 more months until he is sworn into office. Furthermore he will have no chance in passing any AWB in the first 2 years of office as he will be focused on Iraq, a-stan, US economic collapse as maybe Iran. I'm a die hard Republician and he won't be able to handle the case load. Plus he'll blow political capital in attempting an AWB during these issues.

Finally the real reason that prices will go down will be due to economic conditions. Look at the WTS board and people are dumping their collections due to tough economic times. Also copper, lead, steel and other commodies are on a global crash as we speak. I expect copper and lead to reach price levels, adjusted for inflation, equal to post 1990 levels very soon. China is on the brink of economic collapse in their housing sector.

I strongly believe that we have only started seeing the economic realities of this credit crisis. I believe 2009 is going to be a very very bad year for many people and businesses. I'm in the construction business in SoCal and ther is absolutly no new developments or pending developments as all the financeing has dried up.

So in conclusion, never buy or sell into a panic. I am waiting to find the good deals and pick up some nice pieces over the next6-8 months.

GoingPro
11-05-2008, 8:52 PM
I find the panic buying absurd. Obama still has 2 more months until he is sworn into office. Furthermore he will have no chance in passing any AWB in the first 2 years of office as he will be focused on Iraq, a-stan, US economic collapse as maybe Iran. I'm a die hard Republician and he won't be able to handle the case load. Plus he'll blow political capital in attempting an AWB during these issues.

Finally the real reason that prices will go down will be due to economic conditions. Look at the WTS board and people are dumping their collections due to tough economic times. Also copper, lead, steel and other commodies are on a global crash as we speak. I expect copper and lead to reach price levels, adjusted for inflation, equal to post 1990 levels very soon. China is on the brink of economic collapse in their housing sector.

I strongly believe that we have only started seeing the economic realities of this credit crisis. I believe 2009 is going to be a very very bad year for many people and businesses. I'm in the construction business in SoCal and ther is absolutly no new developments or pending developments as all the financeing has dried up.

So in conclusion, never buy or sell into a panic. I am waiting to find the good deals and pick up some nice pieces over the next6-8 months.

this is a smart man speaking right here.....

jrock
11-05-2008, 8:59 PM
I remember not too long ago when people had this same "buy now or you'll be left out" mentality with real estate! Look what happened there....should we sell off all our stocks too?

Maddog5150
11-05-2008, 9:48 PM

Scare the people enough they will do anything, like back in the late show with carson daly, the nation was told there was a shortage of toilet paper and every one went out and bought some!!

doooood
people are seriously doing it themselves. They come in and start spouting that stuff themselves talking about needing guns because obama. lol.

NSR500
11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
The only thing I'd be concerned about are the rare, or tough to come by items. The more commodity type things like AK receivers and AR receivers will still be around.

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 10:58 PM
hell yeah i saw that , it made me go out and get an inexpensive cmmg complete lower. i don't even need one, but i say from the looks of things wouldn't hurt to get one for a cheap price

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 10:59 PM
u got that right bud, only thing i'll by next is a high quality or limited edition milled ak. if i can find one

I remember not too long ago when people had this same "buy now or you'll be left out" mentality with real estate! Look what happened there....should we sell off all our stocks too?

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
just keep this in mind, if some jerk off wacked out teenager gets ahold of an ar or ak and lets say levels a shopping mall or mcdonalds, these rifles can be banned at any moment. believe that!!!

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 11:04 PM
OH AND TO ADD TO MY LAST COMMENT IF THERE ARE ANY KKK THREATS OR WHITE SUPREMACIST THREATS THESE RIFLES WILL GET BANNED THAT MUCH SOONER TOO, there's to many variables where these rifles can get banned at any moment, all it takes is one cousin f$u$#ker

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
i honestly believe that u people who are going to wait and find a good deal are going to wind up with nothing. your good deal just expired today. last week was the time to get your deal. i think the prices are going to go berserk and stay that way, there are just too many gun fanatics, and people willing to buy everything up. period. i.e. there are no more crack heads and meth feens anymore , just alot of adults who cleaned up and are all obsessive consumers, limited this , rare that, these days. into there vintage transformers toys, cars, shoes, guns etc., whatever. bottom line there are to many obsessive complusive tenacious people out there that are going to be spending every penny they have on this crap. especially the mid west , and southern insecure white man. :P for real dude

Sgt Raven
11-05-2008, 11:29 PM
We need one of those poles to see who remembers 99-94-89 gun ban runs.....

Sgt Raven is waving his hand over in the corner. :p

HARLEY VATO
11-05-2008, 11:33 PM
can someone explain what those gun ban runs were like in those eras

Sgt Raven is waving his hand over in the corner. :p

Lee F. Smith
11-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Yea…I’m sure not going to pay 275.00 for one of those old heavy thompsons, they are just gouging us. You could buy a Colt H-bar for that!

Yep…just gonna’ sit here and wait for the price to come down, it’s not like there going to outlaw them or anything.

My own words too many years ago….

Futurecollector
11-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I got 2 LBR lowers for 120 and a whole bunch of other things... man i havent even got them yet... lol but 200 bucks thats insane!!!!!

rabagley
11-05-2008, 11:43 PM
can someone explain what those gun ban runs were like in those eras

I was in Texas in '93-'94, and gun shows were just crazy. Most of the conversations were around who had about to be banned guns, which wholesalers may have gotten a shipment, etc. In stores, the only black rifles you could find were the supermatch/target models, and even those were selling (just not as fast).

The other big deal was magazines. AR magazine prices went through the roof the day after the AW ban passed. Glock mags just about doubled in 24 hours. I bought 10 G17 magazines the week before. Should have sold them and made a little money, but I wanted the magazines for myself.

This went on from the moment the AW ban passed right up until the day it went into effect. It did not stop, did not slow down.

I think we're a little premature with the craziness right now. We should probably wait until the AW ban is at least proposed before going completely batsh*t with the credit card. Just keep slowly and steadily purchasing the supplies you'll need to make it through. That said, I did DROS four lowers today instead of the three I'd been planning for the past six months.

J_Rock
11-05-2008, 11:51 PM
i honestly believe that u people who are going to wait and find a good deal are going to wind up with nothing. your good deal just expired today. last week was the time to get your deal. i think the prices are going to go berserk and stay that way, there are just too many gun fanatics, and people willing to buy everything up. period. i.e. there are no more crack heads and meth feens anymore , just alot of adults who cleaned up and are all obsessive consumers, limited this , rare that, these days. into there vintage transformers toys, cars, shoes, guns etc., whatever. bottom line there are to many obsessive complusive tenacious people out there that are going to be spending every penny they have on this crap. especially the mid west , and southern insecure white man. :P for real dude

Guess whos part of the problem of why the prices are so high:rolleyes:

bwiese
11-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Remember that this has only been accentuated by the news. Things have been a bit tight in the AR market for awhile - at least for quality parts, not necessarily bottom-feeder crap.

Remember, black rifles have been some of the hottest selling firearms in recent memory. Combine that with war, ramp-up of gov't agencies & LEOs using ARs and the CNC machine time gets a bit scarce.

Lee F. Smith
11-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I think we're a little premature with the craziness right now. We should probably wait until the AW ban is at least proposed before going completely batsh*t with the credit card. Just keep slowly and steadily purchasing the supplies you'll need to make it through. That said, I did DROS four lowers today instead of the three I'd been planning for the past six months.

You mean like this one or HR1022, I am not advocating panic but we sure as better get off our collective asses.

H.R.6257

Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008 (Introduced in House)Beginning
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e0:)June 12, 2008

(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e275:)

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e743:)

SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e873:)

SEC. 3. BAN OF LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICES.
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e7701:)

SEC. 4. STUDY BY ATTORNEY GENERAL.
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e11786:)

SEC. 5. EFFECTIVE DATE.
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e12440:)

SEC. 6. APPENDIX A TO SECTION 922 OF TITLE 18.
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e12727:)`APPENDIX A
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e12901:)`Centerfire Rifles--Autoloaders
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e12942:)`Centerfire Rifles--Lever & Slide
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e13678:)`Centerfire Rifles--Bolt Action
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e15815:)`Centerfire Rifles--Single Shot
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e23616:)`Drillings, Combination Guns, Double Rifles
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e25663:)`Rimfire Rifles--Autoloaders
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e26723:)`Rimfire Rifles--Lever & Slide Action
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e27863:)`Rimfire Rifles--Bolt Actions & Single Shots
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e28358:)`Competition Rifles--Centerfire & Rimfire
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e30817:)`Shotguns--Autoloaders
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e33286:)`Shotguns--Slide Actions
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e35749:)`Shotguns--Over/Unders
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e38055:)`Shotguns--Side By Sides
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e42621:)`Shotguns--Bolt Actions & Single Shots
(http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F?c110:2:./temp/~c110B3uA3F:e44564:)

dreyna14
11-06-2008, 12:31 AM
If I get a new job soon, I'll definitely get 2-3 new receivers. I really just want one more .223 receiver (maybe two) and one .308 receiver before any ban goes into effect. I'll have to see how things go.

csmintel
11-06-2008, 12:36 AM
city arms seem to be having same prices, though they were out of stock on S&W and fulton 308 lowers today.

RECCE556
11-06-2008, 1:33 AM
What some of you people aren't understanding is that Obama, himself, doesn't need to "start" the passage of any ban. The underlings (Schumer, Clinton, Feinswine, etc.) are going to start it and Obama isn't going to veto it. DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM? It's not Obama that we need to necessarily worry about, it's the Dems in general....they control two of the four checks in this country and the third check isn't a 100% on our side either (Heller wasn't a landslide in votes and it wasn't a landslide in the fine print). The last check is the citizens and I don't forsee any sort of real resistence from the populus.

I hope that I'm wrong, I really do, but I lived through the '89 ban, the '94 ban and the Y2K ban....I forsee a '09 ban...

forgiven
11-06-2008, 2:01 AM
What some of you people aren't understanding is that Obama, himself, doesn't need to "start" the passage of any ban. The underlings (Schumer, Clinton, Feinswine, etc.) are going to start it and Obama isn't going to veto it. DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM? It's not Obama that we need to necessarily worry about, it's the Dems in general....they control two of the four checks in this country and the third check isn't a 100% on our side either (Heller wasn't a landslide in votes and it wasn't a landslide in the fine print). The last check is the citizens and I don't forsee any sort of real resistence from the populus.

I hope that I'm wrong, I really do, but I lived through the '89 ban, the '94 ban and the Y2K ban....I forsee a '09 ban...
:iagree:

Ford8N
11-06-2008, 5:25 AM
Prices are up a bit on the GunBroker. $499.00 for a WASR10:eek: Even kits have jumped about a "C" note over night. I didn't really notice any panic buying at the Ventura show this weekend. The economy must be having some effect.

I've always thought the best salesman for the EBR was Bill Clinton.:43:

MILLITIAof1
11-06-2008, 5:29 AM
Prices are up a bit on the GunBroker. $499.00 for a WASR10:eek: Even kits have jumped about a "C" note over night. I didn't really notice any panic buying at the Ventura show this weekend. The economy must be having some effect.

I've always thought the best salesman for the EBR was Bill Clinton.:43:

happy b-day!

tenpercentfirearms
11-06-2008, 6:42 AM
LOL. I don't know why anyone is mad about the price increase and hysteria. All of you on here should have had at least one or more OLLs or rifles by now. If you suddenly feel you need two or three more, you are the cause of the panic.

And then you get pissed off because dealers are doing what they have to do to stay in business because here soon they are not going to have much money coming in because they are out of everything and when they do get something, the price is going to be higher and they will have to have more money to buy it.

CMMG raised the price on their lowers last week by $25! They were smart to get in before the election so now they weren't playing on election fears. :rolleyes:

Right now everything is still $150 for me (except the CMMGs and the RRAs, but the RRAs are now sold out). The Stag 5.56mms are now gone and so are the Noveske .308s.

Any dealer who doesn't raise their prices as price increases is a fool. Saigas just went up $75 my cost so I raised them $100. When I think about it later today, I will probably raise the price some more. The thing is, now there are no Saigas anywhere.

I was kind of excited I was going to be so busy with Obama until I saw overnight every black rifle and lower disappear and then I realized, "I can't make money when I don't have anything to sell."

This is what it is. I see those of you that are upset are upset because you should have bought sooner. Personally, the ten ARs I have in the safe are sufficient. Again, why someone needs four new lower receivers now doesn't make much sense to me. That money ought to be saved for fighting legal battles or at least buying ammo for the final legal battle. Panic buying because there might be a ban seems defeatest at best.

X-NewYawker
11-06-2008, 7:07 AM
as an addendum I would say: Now is the time to buy AMMO. Three more OLLs won't do you any good if you can only use them as paperweights. From previous posts here I would say we've all stocked up on the weapons pretty good.

g17owner
11-06-2008, 7:17 AM
Yeah i was in cold war yesterday and the price for a WASR went up almost $200 over what it was the last week of october. WOW. I'm not panicking but the price of these weapons will eventually burn themselves out. People will stop buying and unless you have alot of LE sales then alot of local small operations will cease to exist. Plan ahead and keep whatever you got now fellas. I dont fault the business for raising their prices, they are a business and want to make money. Ultimately i have the final say whether i want to spend it they have the final say on how much it costs.

J_Rock
11-06-2008, 8:03 AM
as an addendum I would say: Now is the time to buy AMMO. Three more OLLs won't do you any good if you can only use them as paperweights. From previous posts here I would say we've all stocked up on the weapons pretty good.

Not only that we dont know how the ban, if there is one, will actually work. If it was like the 94' ban all those stripped lowers will do you no good since they would have be built up and considered a complete firearm

HARLEY VATO
11-06-2008, 8:23 AM
ahhhh i got all my shrut months ago. go figure

Guess whos part of the problem of why the prices are so high:rolleyes:

SVRider
11-06-2008, 8:25 AM
I'm not panicking but the price of these weapons will eventually burn themselves out. People will stop buying and unless you have alot of LE sales then alot of local small operations will cease to exist...

It depends......on what national supply looks like from now until whenever the SHTF. If there is adequate supply, I'd agree with you, but with the current demand, and no inventory anywhere it seems, it looks like it will be quite a while before it may "burn out".

I agree that Obama will have much bigger problems, but if Congress pushes this stuff through, don't expect any resistance from the White House. Remember it is Congress that makes the laws, not the President. At least the Demis don't have 2/3.....pray for Republican filabusters.....

Paradiddle
11-06-2008, 8:25 AM
Is this 3 years ago?

2 WEEKS!!!!!!

PIRATE14
11-06-2008, 8:53 AM
It depends......on what national supply looks like from now until whenever the SHTF. If there is adequate supply, I'd agree with you, but with the current demand, and no inventory anywhere it seems, it looks like it will be quite a while before it may "burn out".

I agree that Obama will have much bigger problems, but if Congress pushes this stuff through, don't expect any resistance from the White House. Remember it is Congress that makes the laws, not the President. At least the Demis don't have 2/3.....pray for Republican filabusters.....

National Supply today is zero......

You have to remember that any imported sporting arm can be axed w/o any new laws being passed.....simple phone calls to the ATF can do that....

Unlike previous years....where black rifles were on the fringe...they have moved to a TON of gun owners and the AR is AMERICAs rifle....you can't walk into any shop outside of CALI and not see ARs on the shelf...this wasn't the case before.....demand will prolly stay high...prices will go up some....

There are only so many cutters in the country....

Serpentine
11-06-2008, 9:43 AM
Wonder if the lower manufacturer will go back to the old AWB way to keep up with demand.....

Forged blocks of metal with serial numbers. After they are registered to you, send them back in for final machining and finish.

Yup....I remember '89, '94 (damn I feel old now). Paid a pretty penny for "pre-ban" lowers back then, not to mention the credit card bills I ran up buying hi-caps while they were still available.

Heck, Glock mags went up to $100 almost overnight.
When I found a brand new G23 for $450 with 3 mags, I said
"Hmmmm 3 mags with a spare Glock for $150....
:Ivan:

AR's, M1A's, ParaOrd mags.....heck, 32rnd 9mm AR mags ran me about $125 a piece. I spent lots of money in a very short time, but Money well spent looking back at it all now....

Yep, in 1989 rack standard M1A'a were selling for $2200. Glock Hi-Cap mags were $100-$120.

SunriseF150
11-06-2008, 9:54 AM
Like Wes said, you guys should have not waited till now to order up your OLL's. I am pretty happy with what I got so far. I might order up a Noveske N6 lower though.

I do have a few guns on my want list: Thompson, PTR-91 and some others. And a few handguns too. But right now I just don't have the extra cash to go out and grab them up. Along with the prices going up too. And I don't want to put them on my credit card as I already got a racked up bill that I need to get down. I got a good amount of ammo and preban hicaps so I am good for now. Paying off Debt needs to come first for me. Unfortunately.

vf111
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Since consumer spending is the biggest part of the US economy, maybe all this panic buying nationwide will get us out of the recession we're in. :D

tyrist
11-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Don't forget to purchase a semi automatic shotgun as well.

radioburning
11-06-2008, 12:24 PM
It's funny, gunnies have always pointed the finger at the less "rational", or "logical" portions of society, and yet we've got panic in the streets for a guy who still has a couple months to even get into office, let alone try to push any gun ban legislation. Haha!
Six months from now when gunnies each have 6 lowers sitting in their sock drawer, and FFLs are sitting on inventory, the 'ol RussDoggy Dogg will be snatching up guns at firesale prices.

Buy up suckers!

TonyM
11-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Prices are up a bit on the GunBroker. $499.00 for a WASR10:eek: Even kits have jumped about a "C" note over night.

It might almost be time to dump off some of my extra, untouched Romy kits.....:D My wife didn't understand why I bought 4, 5, and up to 8 at a time.

radioburning
11-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah, P.S., if Barack successfully pulls out of Iraq you're gonna see a huge surplus of ammo and guns flooding the market.

tankerman
11-06-2008, 12:36 PM
:icon_bs:Oh yeah, P.S., if Barack successfully pulls out of Iraq you're gonna see a huge surplus of ammo and guns flooding the market.
WTF? Where are the surplus guns going to be coming from? How about the surplus ammo?

stphnman20
11-06-2008, 12:43 PM
:icon_bs:
WTF? Where are the surplus guns going to be coming from? How about the surplus ammo?
+1.

We aint gonna see nothing!

TonyM
11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Surplus ammo won't be around for quite awhile, if at all (ban?).

The Surplus ammo was ammo that the .mil has had sitting in a warehouse long enough that they didn't want to risk the lives of our troops to it and replaced it with new ammo.

New ammo sales by the .mil would slump if we pulled out now, but you wouldn't see any surplus stock happening for years. You would see more commercial .223/5.56 and .308/7.62 ammo on the market though.

csmintel
11-06-2008, 1:10 PM
Oh yeah, P.S., if Barack successfully pulls out of Iraq you're gonna see a huge surplus of ammo and guns flooding the market.

Along with unemployment of the troops that are coming home. They sure will bring some "goodies" back with em. The black market will be flooded for sure. It'll end up in ghettos and there we go again.

nobs11
11-06-2008, 1:15 PM
Along with unemployment of the troops that are coming home. They sure will bring some "goodies" back with em. The black market will be flooded for sure. It'll end up in ghettos and there we go again.

This isn't WWII era anymore. Soldiers can't just bring back weapons in their bags. Where are you getting this information from?

stphnman20
11-06-2008, 1:23 PM
So your saying the reason why criminals have guns is because of the troops??

Thats very insulting!!

trinydex
11-06-2008, 1:29 PM

there what goes again?

tankerman
11-06-2008, 1:30 PM
The black market will be flooded for sure.
Could you please give me directions to the "Black Market", I'm hoping to find the A-Team

Infidel
11-06-2008, 1:37 PM

On election night. LOL

Yeah this HOMO won't tell me where he got 'em because he wants to have more Lowers than ME!!!!!

nobs11
11-06-2008, 1:43 PM
My buddies who came back told me.

If your buddies smuggled back guns they are in deep doo doo. I call BS.

ironcross
11-06-2008, 2:00 PM
So if HR 6257 passes that means we have to now hold 5rds for fixed mags?

(C) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of ammunition.

RW Dunn
11-06-2008, 2:06 PM
My buddies who came back told me.

Oh ya and did you see this or are they blowing smoke up your %#*

dilligaffrn
11-06-2008, 2:21 PM
My crystal ball...

FOR SALE

one DOUBLE STAR stripped lower

SF Bay Area only, can meet at Jackson Arms at lunch time, or Antioch Armory on Sat. for PPT

Bidding starts at
I mean 500.00
I mean 650.00.......

:D Gots to Luv the free market!

LOL

5hundo
11-06-2008, 3:11 PM
There are still some deals out there:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411534767

Capt. Speirs
11-06-2008, 3:14 PM
i wanted to get somthing in 7.62x39 looks like i will have to hold off till the fire dies down.....

May die down, but prices will stay up. Bought my HK USP 40 Compact right after 9/11 and the price is even higher now.

grammaton76
11-06-2008, 5:13 PM
:confused:
doing 80% deffinately work out to be cheap. sure the jig is pricey but once you build a few of them it deffinatley pays off.

Err, 80% lower in the white on a group buy will cost you $80ish, last I checked.

Then you've got yourself a blank. Assuming you complete it perfectly, it's still a NON-ANODIZED receiver which is lower grade than the Doublestar group buy on THR which is currently claiming $78/receiver.

Get blanks for $40 or so and you can start talking about "paying off". For $80 it's not worth it vs a $110 or so receiver (pre-Obama prices, but I expect prices will fall back to this in a few months)

CA SHOOTER
11-06-2008, 5:36 PM
Just secured another CMMG lower this afternoon for $165 , I got the last one .

Turbinator
11-06-2008, 5:59 PM
If your buddies smuggled back guns they are in deep doo doo. I call BS.

Umm. Try this from 1995:

One guy in my unit tryed bringing several AKs back. I heard he made it to Pope AFB until MP customs checked out his Team box. All the other guys on the Team (whom would of demanded one back at Bragg) pointed their fingers at him, I think he PCSed to Ft. Leavenworth after that.

Another guy I know checked out packages being send back (with x-ray equipment) said he was finding all kind of stuff guys were trying to send home. He tells me the weirdest thing he saw was a Iraq soldiers arm still attached to an AK!

Turby

TonyM
11-06-2008, 6:25 PM
Err, 80% lower in the white on a group buy will cost you $80ish, last I checked.

Then you've got yourself a blank. Assuming you complete it perfectly, it's still a NON-ANODIZED receiver which is lower grade than the Doublestar group buy on THR which is currently claiming $78/receiver.

Get blanks for $40 or so and you can start talking about "paying off". For $80 it's not worth it vs a $110 or so receiver (pre-Obama prices, but I expect prices will fall back to this in a few months)

The only thing (IMO) that makes an $80 80% worth it is, pistol builds.

sorensen440
11-06-2008, 6:28 PM
Standard cap mags are getting hard to find as well

bbc1969
11-06-2008, 6:34 PM
One interesting side note to this thread is the possibility of all the "new" firearms owners in the "ranks". Which could be a good thing.

I was in Rettings yesterday, and the place was a zoo. I noticed in my 15-20 minutes there that there were "several" people making purchases who not only looked like they had never owned a weapon, several even vocalized that.

Today I was in another shop and there were several "soccer moms" who were in together and had decided to get their HSC and purchase, and had used the election as there excuse believing that "now is the time".

dchang0
11-06-2008, 7:27 PM
God bless every one of those newbie gun owners! Even if they are a bit late ("now is the time" was right years ago), at least they acted on it!

surfingpl
11-06-2008, 7:39 PM
I am a total newbie to building an oll. I just want to tell you guys that I bought a kaiser lower and some other parts from so cal guns today. The prices on everything were the same as yesterday/last week/last month. I plan on starting a thread to talk about my new gun, so I can get help and show others what I am building. Thanks to you all here at cal guns, and to So Cal Gun, and Greg at Kaiser! All good people.

Surfdog
11-06-2008, 7:41 PM
There are still some deals out there:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411534767

I ordered and was told they are not shipping lowers to California. Anyone have success with them on a lower?

5hundo
11-06-2008, 7:51 PM
I ordered and was told they are not shipping lowers to California. Anyone have success with them on a lower?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

That' weird...

Doublestars are legal here...

69Mach1
11-06-2008, 7:53 PM
I started my presidential panic buying in January of this year. Now I'm all caught up in time to beat the crowds. And people told me it wasn't neccessary. :)

tankerman
11-06-2008, 7:56 PM
Standard cap mags are getting hard to find as well

How many you need?

Surfdog
11-06-2008, 7:59 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

That' weird...

Doublestars are legal here...

I know they ship handguns here, but I had not tried to buy a lower from them before. Maybe they thought I was wacky for ordering 15:eek:

5hundo
11-06-2008, 8:22 PM
I know they ship handguns here, but I had not tried to buy a lower from them before. Maybe they thought I was wacky for ordering 15:eek:

Maybe the FUD Monster got ahold of them... :rolleyes:

HARLEY VATO
11-06-2008, 9:09 PM
got that right baby i'm on the same page,.

I started my presidential panic buying in January of this year. Now I'm all caught up in time to beat the crowds. And people told me it wasn't neccessary. :)

Plebius15
11-06-2008, 9:31 PM
What do you guys think of a Doublestar OLL for $199, given the current and potential future market for OLL's? I found a dealer in the Sacramento area that sells them for this price, so I won't have to drive two hours to find one.

Vinz
11-06-2008, 9:34 PM
You can shop around but the way it looks everyone might be out of stock.

Did you see the commercial section for lower deals?

vinz

-hanko
11-06-2008, 9:40 PM
What do you guys think of a Doublestar OLL for $199, given the current and potential future market for OLL's?
I think you're getting screwed.;)

Both current and potential markets are great at this time.

-hanko

tankerman
11-06-2008, 9:42 PM
What do you guys think of a Doublestar OLL for $199, given the current and potential future market for OLL's? I found a dealer in the Sacramento area that sells them for this price, so I won't have to drive two hours to find one.
I paid $95

Plebius15
11-06-2008, 9:43 PM
Well, I guess I'll try to shop around then. Or at least try to haggle with him a bit, I think I could talk him down in price.

X-NewYawker
11-06-2008, 9:44 PM
Picked up three rifles and one handgun today. DROSed Five more rifles. After that, I'm tapped out and it will be ammo only purchases. Exhausted -- 12 hours on road -- Pics tomorrow.

Loner
11-06-2008, 10:11 PM
I scored a Sabre lower for 167.

csmintel
11-06-2008, 10:13 PM
double star $130 at city arms. saw it there last night.

5150Marcelo
11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
double star $130 at city arms. saw it there last night.

140 @ J&J in SoCal

Uxi
11-06-2008, 10:38 PM
Sonofa. Was getting ready for an OLL but the pricing is going crazy. Unfortunately, I think the fear is justified. An AWB is almost certainly going to follow. :(

workinwifdakids
11-06-2008, 10:49 PM
I bought my ST-15 from Spike's for $105, WITH the side etch.

So, if no AW ban comes to fruition, will prices go back down, or was this an inevitable and permanent market adjustment?

csmintel
11-06-2008, 10:52 PM
I bought my ST-15 from Spike's for $105, WITH the side etch.

So, if no AW ban comes to fruition, will prices go back down, or was this an inevitable and permanent market adjustment?

AW ban is COMING! no buts about it.

InsightsBest
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
140 @ J&J in SoCal
i called them yesterday and they said they were out and was hoping to have them in by next wk

grammaton76
11-07-2008, 1:41 AM
AW ban is COMING! no buts about it.

Coming yes. However, when is the big question.

I've got 13 or so AR lowers and 19 AK receivers last I counted, so I'm willing to wait out a bit and save breathing room for other things.

...like the Bohica uppers that're supposed to be here 'any week now'. I'm just hoping they arrive in time for the Nov 30th Crossroads show - got 4 coming, and I suspect they'll sell out.

m98
11-07-2008, 1:59 AM
HURRY.....EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!!!!....1 week left before the new AW ban goes into effect:)....stock up

DedEye
11-07-2008, 4:04 AM
HURRY.....EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!!!!!....1 week left before the new AW ban goes into effect:)....stock up

You have your chronology off. On Calguns, the ban is TWO weeks away, not one ;).

Rob454
11-07-2008, 5:11 AM
its just panic buying. Everyone thinks Obama now all of the sudden is this super powerful president who can just snap his fingers and things happen.

dlouie87
11-07-2008, 8:47 AM
btw, is it possible for the gov't to take our guns?

sorensen440
11-07-2008, 8:49 AM
btw, is it possible for the gov't to take our guns?

It is possible but unlikely

Bill_in_SD
11-07-2008, 12:00 PM
its just panic buying. Everyone thinks Obama now all of the sudden is this super powerful president who can just snap his fingers and things happen.

You are right - he would need the support of the Congress as well......

Hmmm......

Guntech
11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
You've still got 2 months before Obama can do any serious damage. Just hope he doesn't get Hillary and Kerry on his staff. That is the dream team to destory the 2nd amendment.

shmeare
11-07-2008, 1:38 PM
You are right - he would need the support of the Congress as well......

Hmmm......

hmmm yeah mean the dem congress we have?!?!?!?

FreedomIsNotFree
11-07-2008, 1:41 PM
Consider yourselves lucky. I bought my first couple lowers about 3 years ago at the height of the stampede. I paid $450 for 2 and still consider myself lucky.

csmintel
11-07-2008, 1:43 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/07/national/a105908S50.DTL&tsp=1

these aholes are scared! we should buy more and more guns! all the ammo in this country! we should only leave few slingshots at guns stores around the country. oh...these ba....rds will think twice about coming for our guns, banning, restricting or otherwise. socialists!

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 2:28 PM
Whew! Just off loaded 230 rifles and 30 handguns into my kitchen. Rest of the house is already filled with gun bags. I'm gonna have to start stacking the ammo cans on the roof...
:)

csmintel
11-07-2008, 2:34 PM
Whew! Just off loaded 230 rifles and 30 handguns into my kitchen. Rest of the house is already filled with gun bags. I'm gonna have to start stacking the ammo cans on the roof...

hey, if SHTF, i got like 100 cousins and another 100 buddies or so. if you can arm them...we'll be a great militia......:)

HARLEY VATO
11-07-2008, 2:42 PM
I'M A DANGEROUS PERSON lol

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/07/national/a105908S50.DTL&tsp=1

these aholes are scared! we should buy more and more guns! all the ammo in this country! we should only leave few slingshots at guns stores around the country. oh...these ba....rds will think twice about coming for our guns, banning, restricting or otherwise. socialists!

HARLEY VATO
11-07-2008, 2:45 PM
what up bros, . i have 2 dedicated complete 22lr spikes tactical uppers with some expensive magpul stocks on them. i have 2 other .223 complete uppers, all they need is stocks. spikes tactical has a AR PISTOL PLUG??? is that too be used in place of the BUTTSTOCK. can i use that plug and take off the stocks and add them to my ather ar's?????? this question is driving me nuts

DedEye
11-07-2008, 2:58 PM

Thanks for driving up prices for the rest of us :rolleyes: :p.

grammaton76
11-07-2008, 3:00 PM
what up bros, . i have 2 dedicated complete 22lr spikes tactical uppers with some expensive magpul stocks on them. i have 2 other .223 complete uppers, all they need is stocks. spikes tactical has a AR PISTOL PLUG??? is that too be used in place of the BUTTSTOCK. can i use that plug and take off the stocks and add them to my ather ar's?????? this question is driving me nuts

If the resultant weapon would be under 30", then absolutely not.

Even if it would be, don't take this as a statement you can - there may be some federal NFA issues that come up if you remove the stock from an originally shoulder-fired weapon. I don't THINK so, but I wouldn't swear to it either.

grammaton76
11-07-2008, 3:05 PM
Thanks for driving up prices for the rest of us :rolleyes: :p.

Probably not. Sounds like he got lucky at an estate sale to me.

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 7:21 PM
Probably not. Sounds like he got lucky at an estate sale to me.

In my dreams!
It was only 20 rifles.

Mssr. Eleganté
11-07-2008, 8:02 PM
If the resultant weapon would be under 30", then absolutely not.

He said he'd be taking the stocks off of his Spike's .22LR builds, so the weapons would only need to stay over 26" long, not 30".

Even if it would be, don't take this as a statement you can - there may be some federal NFA issues that come up if you remove the stock from an originally shoulder-fired weapon. I don't THINK so, but I wouldn't swear to it either.

No NFA issues there, as long as the former rifle stayed over 26" with the stock removed. It would no longer be a "rifle" without the stock, but it would still be a Title I long gun and not regulated by the NFA.

stphnman20
11-07-2008, 8:14 PM
If anyone is interested.. Oak tree gun club up in Velancia has about 50 Spike lowers for $160 and a hand full of Double Star lowers..

Huury up and buy.. :D

Blue Label
11-07-2008, 8:21 PM

Wow:eek:. Please post a picture of your kitchen:chris:.

Pred Thumper
11-07-2008, 8:35 PM
LOL .... aren't we the donky's ... we stir the masses and then pull out our wallets and pay the piper gladly .... Hurry their almost out and then we wont be able to build anything... lol

norcalhunter1
11-07-2008, 8:39 PM
:eek: Wow!! I think everyone needs to slow there roll..:p

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 8:43 PM
Wow:eek:. Please post a picture of your kitchen:chris:.

Kitchen:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/IMG_1368.jpg
Den:
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p54/Fasanoland/gun-mess.jpg

Blue Label
11-07-2008, 8:51 PM
Kitchen:
Den:

Is that comic book on your kitchen table "Owly: Just a little BLUE"? My kids love Owly.:D

Pred Thumper
11-07-2008, 8:55 PM
wheres Waldo?

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 9:03 PM
Dead and Buried under a pile of guns.

Pred Thumper
11-07-2008, 9:05 PM
106 btw madison and park :) u?

X-NewYawker
11-07-2008, 9:08 PM
233 rd street and Johnson Avenue, Riverdale
Bronxville Road, Bronxville
Port Washington
Farmingdale

m98
11-07-2008, 11:44 PM
You have your chronology off. On Calguns, the ban is TWO weeks away, not one ;).

forgot to reset about daylight savings :)

a1fabweld
11-08-2008, 1:44 AM
I think the current wave of gun buying hysteria is the first of many. It will hit really hard right before our new leader (puke sound effects here) gets sworn in. That is IF there is anything available on the market at that time to buy. I think gun buying has shifted into high gear & will stay there for a long while but may taper slightly. I don't think it'll ever get back to what it was 1 month ago at least while "O-dawg" is in office. LOL! I'm thankful I bought my "can't live without" guns months ago. I own enough lowers to supply many generations to come in my family.

DedEye
11-08-2008, 1:49 AM
Kitchen:
Den:

:banghead:

Fail.

a1fabweld
11-08-2008, 3:18 AM
Holy crap! I just saw one of our vendors selling GSG's for $799! I bought mine last month for $500. I bought 2 PTR-91's over the summer for $999 & $1029. They are selling for $1400+ now! I bought my Mini-14 3 years ago for $450 & I think they are $650+ now. The real shocker is my M1 Carbine I bought 4 years ago for $250 on sale now at Big 5 for $1k. I'M GHETTO RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm curious to see what happens to SKS's? It's obvious AR/AK anything is just plain crazy right now. I don't feel so bad now for spending all the money I did this year on guns! LOL!

dchang0
11-08-2008, 5:41 AM
our new leader (puke sound effects here)

He's not our leader because we won't follow... Stands to be seen if people will follow once he actually has to propose rubber-meets-the-road policies, rather than spew rhetoric. Seems like Schwarzenegger ran into the same problem when he went to Sacramento, lots of talk, few results.

Oh, and Ade's was asking $950 for a GSG5. I went home right after and checked: they were selling for $460 on gunbroker.

till44
11-08-2008, 7:50 AM
Not only that we dont know how the ban, if there is one, will actually work. If it was like the 94' ban all those stripped lowers will do you no good since they would have be built up and considered a complete firearm

Any further explanation of this? If this is true then why the run on OLLs? Better to be buying complete rifles if your scared.

a1fabweld
11-08-2008, 8:25 AM
He's not our leader because we won't follow... Stands to be seen if people will follow once he actually has to propose rubber-meets-the-road policies, rather than spew rhetoric.

I'm not you sure you get my joke with the puke sound effects? If it wasn't clear with my sarcasm, I won't be following him either. LOL! Gunbroker is our only chance to still get things at a reasonable price. For now anyway.

sytfu_RR
11-08-2008, 10:26 AM
friend went by City Arms in Pacifica yesterday, only OLL they got are .308 & .22lr everything else is sold out. good thing I did my shopping pre-election.

dlouie87
11-08-2008, 12:56 PM
It is possible but unlikely

on what measures can they take away our guns?

-Dan

Old Spook
11-08-2008, 2:56 PM
got a DSC stripped lower from James at J&R Sports Supply in Livermore for $130. He said they just got 40 in yesterday and are down to 6 on the shelf...glad I stopped by..all 40 last week sold out in 2 days...223 cal

Dr. Peter Venkman
11-08-2008, 4:43 PM
Obama is going to be too busy to pass anti-gun legislation for at least six months. I'll jump back in the market when peopled realize they bought WAY too many things for too much money. There is no better friend to FFLs than a gun-grabbing president prior to getting in office.

dondo
11-08-2008, 4:47 PM
Really?

ArkinDomino
11-08-2008, 5:31 PM
If anyone is interested.. Oak tree gun club up in Velancia has about 50 Spike lowers for $160 and a hand full of Double Star lowers..

Huury up and buy.. :D

+1!
I just stopped by there myself to pick up a new spikes OLL for about $199 OTD.
Not a great deal, but a decent one for it being a spikes.

By the way, they still had about 25 lowers as of 4 pm

dondo
11-08-2008, 5:37 PM
Better get your uppers too.......

3GunFunShooter
11-08-2008, 6:26 PM
+1 on getting your uppers. All across the country guns are being sold in record numbers. Glad I got mine when we only had 2 weeks. LOL

X-NewYawker
11-08-2008, 6:34 PM
Obama is going to be too busy to pass anti-gun legislation for at least six months. I'll jump back in the market when peopled realize they bought WAY too many things for too much money. There is no better friend to FFLs than a gun-grabbing president prior to getting in office.

I would be careful about "waiting" here --
No FUD -- Pelosi is calling in a lame duck session so they can push through a few bills before Obama gets sworn in -- and to have a few (the GC ones?) ready for him to sign literally the first day he is in office. As someone pointed out i another post, with the economy so bad a quick easy AWB (remember they'd just be "reauthorizing" the one that sunset -- the newspapers would sell this as t he return of a common sense law --) so I think it is POSSIBLE that some new gun legislation gets signed on Day one -- they don't even have to be written -- the Senate and house bills are almost identical -- they just have to re-submit them

So instead of saying it won't happen (and I was on the phone today with some major Gun COmpany execs who are EXPECTING it to happen and are trying to up production to sell out BEFORE January 20th) stock in a few SAs, buy some ammo and then START WRITING ALL YOUR SENATORS and CONGRESSMEN -- let them know that no matter what party they are from, they will pay at re-election time if they support a "new" AWB.

So you understand how this works, the news of the re-authorized ban, as it gets closer to the end of January, will be accompanied on the news by video from Virginia tech -- from the church school shootings -- of the boy who killed himself with the micro Uzi -- the left are SO much better at using the media than the ham-handed commercials the NRA produces that use logic and honor to sway people. (eg., look at the commercials on Outdoor channel compared to NBC)

In the battlefield of the Media, the Lefties are armed with Pulse Rifles in a 12 Watt range and we are carrying long sticks with stone arrow heads attached to the ends with leather strips.

Banning our guns is VERY important to these people. ALL our guns.

I was in Gunworld in Burbank today -- a friend with no guns in the house wanted to buy a S&W 357 revolver AND a Mossberg home defense gun -- and did - took the handgun test (she had studied on the internet) and was so empowered to have bought the two guns -- until she realized she couldn't take them home TODAY. Anyway the place was PACKED with people buying, well, ANYTHINg that would fire a bullet. She looked around and said, "three months from now there may not be any guns left in the stores."

m98
11-08-2008, 8:12 PM
Could you please give me directions to the "Black Market", I'm hoping to find the A-Team

If you find em', tell Murdoc to stand up to B.A. and quit taking B.A's sh*t. Oh and pass the info to me on the whereabouts of the A-Team. :)

JOEKILLA
11-08-2008, 8:18 PM
If you find em', tell Murdoc to stand up to B.A. and quit taking B.A's sh*t. Oh and pass the info to me on the whereabouts of the A-Team. :)

Here they are :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQSuJVFUSU

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/imQSuJVFUSU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/imQSuJVFUSU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dlouie87
11-08-2008, 9:29 PM
So I was too young when the first ban was established... but lets say I have a M1a right now... and since there is talk about the gov't banning semi autos, what do you think the chance of them taking away or making the m1a a banned weapon?

this whole craze is stirring a lot of FUD in the air. I just want to make sure it's still ok to have a m1a.

and what are the possibilites they can take our OLL ar's?

I'm in the middle of 2 builds and I want to know if i should just stop and sell them or keep building and hope for the best. I also have a JAE-100 stock coming in..... so i dont want my money going into a pit if the gov't is just going to seize everything.

-Dan

DedEye
11-08-2008, 9:35 PM
Don't worry about it Dan. So much of what you've been reading is nothing more than paranoid FUD. Buy what you want and enjoy it.

nobs11
11-08-2008, 10:14 PM
so i dont want my money going into a pit if the gov't is just going to seize everything.

There is no way the government is going to "seize everything." The day the US government starts going door to door to take away your guns would be the time to rewrite history. Not even the most liberal judge would send government agents door to door to take your guns away. That would be the end of the US as you know it.

Gator Monroe
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Don't worry about it Dan. So much of what you've been reading is nothing more than paranoid FUD. Buy what you want and enjoy it.

The FUD made me go out and buy 2000 round box of Winchester 22 heads to jumpstart my Reloading adventure, 1500 rounds of Wolf Black Box 223 (20 round boxes),500 of Reloaded 223 mostly for future brass, and another 500 rds. of 45ACP yesterday so Deadeye FUD brings you customers does it not ??????????????????????????????????

ohsmily
11-08-2008, 11:54 PM
The FUD made me go out and buy 2000 round box of Winchester 22 heads

Heads??? Are you talking about bullets?

csmintel
11-09-2008, 12:03 AM
There is no way the government is going to "seize everything." The day the US government starts going door to door to take away your guns would be the time to rewrite history. Not even the most liberal judge would send government agents door to door to take your guns away. That would be the end of the US as you know it.

wake up......U.S. is already over as you know it.

mvpatriot
11-09-2008, 12:05 AM
I was never a big fan of CWS and their lack of customer service, now this just seals the deal, I will never spend annother dime there and will encourage others to do the same.

Intimid8tor
11-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Well I am glad I bought lowers over the last few months. I'm all good on that, but want to add some additional mags. 15K of 223, 3K of 9mm, 2K of .45 and 2K of .40 should keep me for a while.

After the mags I'll be buying LPK and uppers to complete the lowers I have.

A few people said it and it deserves attention. He doesn't have to do anything. Pelosi and others will make it happen and Biden can add his influence as well. With all the other crap taking place it will get pushed through. The way they do things in Washington it wouldn't surprise me to see it get pushed through attached to some "stimulus" package. Anything is possible anymore.

a1fabweld
11-09-2008, 8:38 AM
Lowers for sale: Stag's-$499, Mega's-$599, Fulton's-$699, Noveske's-$999 + your right arm. Ammo for sale: xm193-$1.99 per round. Anyone wanna help fund my yacht? :rofl2:

X-NewYawker
11-09-2008, 9:34 AM
Lowers for sale: Stag's-$499, Mega's-$599, Fulton's-$699, Noveske's-$999 + your right arm. Ammo for sale: xm193-$1.99 per round. Anyone wanna help fund my yacht? :rofl2:

Are these STRIPPED lowers?

RobG
11-09-2008, 9:41 AM

Damn! I just bought a case of XM193 for 205 shipped. Look around, its available.

nobs11
11-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Damn! I just bought a case of XM193 for 205 shipped. Look around, its available.

By case, do you mean 500 rounds? That is not such a good price.

Vinz
11-09-2008, 3:09 PM
Don't buy into the hype. Look around, you can still buy cheap. Just good luck finding it.

Make me wonder if consumer panic and speculation actually caused the high demand and accused price increasing.
vinz

RobG
11-09-2008, 3:18 PM
By case, do you mean 500 rounds? That is not such a good price.

Yep, .41 a round, not bad. Have you found it cheaper?? Best I had seen as of late was 7.99/20 rounds at CTD which is now 19.99/20 rounds:eek:

workinwifdakids
11-09-2008, 7:57 PM
Wes @ 10% still has a buttload of lowers in stock, $150/ea - I just ordered one. $150 isn't bad at all!

a1fabweld
11-09-2008, 9:39 PM
Are these STRIPPED lowers?

Yea stripped. If you want a trigger, double the prices!

ArkinDomino
11-09-2008, 11:30 PM
wake up......U.S. is already over as you know it.

Relax. :rolleyes:

DedEye
11-10-2008, 3:44 AM
Relax. :rolleyes:

This needs to be repeated in nearly every damn thread on the forum for the last 3 months.

Ford8N
11-10-2008, 4:38 AM
This needs to be repeated in nearly every damn thread on the forum for the last 3 months.

You will also notice it is for the same people.

DedEye
11-10-2008, 4:41 AM
You will also notice it is for the same people.

That I do; it's quite aggravating. Some of our members really need a hug, and some of them really need a Xanax.

ZombieKiller
11-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Xanax......tasty.

Gator Monroe
11-10-2008, 6:37 PM
Heads??? Are you talking about bullets?

Yes and they sure are heavy (2000 of them in 100 ct. plastic baggies in box that is deceptively heavy :)

Gator Monroe
11-10-2008, 6:38 PM
That I do; it's quite aggravating. Some of our members really need a hug, and some of them really need a Xanax.

But then they would tone back their Firearms related spending ?:confused:

DedEye
11-11-2008, 6:14 AM
But then they would tone back their Firearms related spending ?:confused:

Fine by me. Save the money for rent and other necessities, firearms will still be available when prices come down.

If you've got the money and want a gun now, buy it. Don't buy into the hype and panic though.

ZombieKiller
11-11-2008, 6:37 AM
Fine by me. Save the money for rent and other necessities, firearms will still be available when prices come down.

If you've got the money and want a gun now, buy it. Don't buy into the hype and panic though.

Or, go buy some Xanax...