PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy an AK?

nrakid88
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Are there any shops in So Cal that sell Ak's? I want to buy one but don't want to do it online and have it shipped to my FFL... But I am willing to do the online thing if I have to. I am looking for a solid wood stock AK, hopefully under $500. Anyone know where?

aplinker
11-05-2008, 12:51 PM
Under $500 means you're stuck with Century WASRs.

If you can bump it up a bit, you can pick up a Lancaster.

Many of the local LA dealers (CWS, Bright Spot Pawn, Ammo Bros, Gunrunners, etc) stock AKs.

Right now is likely going to be a tough time not having it shipped in.

nrakid88
11-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Is there anything wrong with the WASR's? Im okay with shotty looks, it is an |AK, I just want reliabilty like it should have

InsightsBest
11-05-2008, 2:09 PM
you might want to wait a while ALL the prices just went through the roof cause of the election! but if you wait to long might be to late !!! decisions decisions

Shane916
11-05-2008, 2:15 PM
Is there anything wrong with the WASR's? Im okay with shotty looks, it is an |AK, I just want reliabilty like it should have

They tend to have a little rougher finishes, especially in the magazine well! With some Googling you can read and understand why. As for reliability, an AK is an AK IMHO :D

MMA Ryan
11-05-2008, 2:32 PM
Are there any shops in So Cal that sell Ak's? I want to buy one but don't want to do it online and have it shipped to my FFL... But I am willing to do the online thing if I have to. I am looking for a solid wood stock AK, hopefully under $500. Anyone know where?

You are in my neck of the woods in SCV. Let me know what you find out for a local place, and I will PM you with any results I find.

AaronHorrocks
11-05-2008, 3:21 PM
And unfinished, ugly wood.

aplinker
11-05-2008, 5:13 PM
and issues like crooked fsbs

nrakid88
11-06-2008, 1:57 PM
Okay, so I read up on WASR's and it seems somebody really screwed up the engineering to comply with politics, that being said, I am gonna try and stretch my finances for a Yugo m70 with solid wood stock or something else of similiar quality...

supermario
11-06-2008, 3:03 PM
I would go to Ammo Bros or Cold war shooters, both had a good selection. Also if you dont wanna break the bank, buy a saiga and then convert it later. Its russian so your not getting cheap build. you will have plenty of time after to find a place to convert it at your leisure. I think i paid $399 for my saiga 762x39 at ammo bros.